Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 8 Ultra HD DVD support - When, if ever?
Carson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2008 18:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Rather than make a complaint thread, which I'm sure many are tempted to do, I'd like to just ask for an official response here, without any outrage or insults. So, to put it simply, I'm asking anyone that can speak officially on behalf of Cyberlink:

Will we see HD DVD support in Powerdvd 8 Ultra in the future? If so, is there a timeline?
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 05:58 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/PowerDVD_8_Ultra_Enable_HD_DVD_page1.html
Carson [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm aware of this hack. It's great that people in the community were able to figure this out and get it functioning. However, Cyberlink could "break" this "fix" at any time with a patch. Because of that, I won't be buying Powerdvd 8 Ultra until HD DVD is fully-supported.

So once again I'd just like to hear from Cyberlink if they have plans to reinstate HD DVD support in Powerdvd 8 Ultra. And if so, when?
Carson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Since the new patch breaks the HD-DVD hack, once again I ask a representative of Cyberlink--Will you ever support HD-DVD in Powerdvd 8? Yes or no? It will take 5 seconds to respond and let your customers know. Until I know I will not be upgrading to 8.