Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SPDIF
Geert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2008 12:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dear users,
Why do the audio-settings in Powerdvd7 often change from SPDIF to 2 speaker ?
And how can I quickle set it back to SPDIF ?

Geert
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 05:58 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Geert, what sound card/chipset do you have?
Geert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2008 12:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Tom,

My soundcard is an onboard one. Motherboard I use is : ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe Socket AM2.
The videocard I use is : ASUS Geforce 7600 GT 256 MB.
My OS System is Vista Home 32 bit.

Thanks, Geert
Tom [Avatar]
[Post New]
Geert,

Is your sound set-up as here?:

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/permalink/225824/151243/ShowThread.aspx#151243

Could be the Vista audio drivers, lots of people having problems like this, including me.
Kontoletas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2006 07:29 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem.
ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE
ATI 2600Pro
Windows MCE 2005
PowerDVD Ultra
All with latest drivers and updates
Tom [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have managed to solve all my problems by replacing my Creative card with a Sweex SC003 and the C-Media Open Source drivers

Works fine in all apps including PowerDVD
Stuart [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2008 15:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem you have. I upgraded from PVD7 Ultra to PVD Ultra 8 and found a work around. It remembers the SPDIF settings when start the Blu-ray in PVD8, but when it goes to the main feature it defaults back to 2 speaker. So, to get SPDIF working again, pause the movie while in the main feature, change the audio back to SPDIF (you can't do that in PVD7 Ultra - I tried numerous times), then unpause the movie. If you have problems with the audio not coming through, skip a chapter and watch the audio come in its digital form. Of course, then you can skip the chapter back to start the movie.

All in all, I would like to see a permanent fix to this problem instead of having to do this everytime I watch a movie.