Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD and LG GGW-H20L drive
DJB of Poole [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2008 11:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to the forum. I have installed all the software that comes with the LG BluRay/HD drive but Power DVD refuses to work on my solitary HD DVD and simply goes unresponsive. The only way out is using Task Manager to end it. [Windows XP Pro]. I've tried reinstallation and the various patches I could find. Any thoughts anyone? Is this a known problem?

Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 05:58 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same drive, it works with PowerDVD Ultra Retail. Haven't tried the OEM disc. It's not perfect though, PowerDVD causes a really noisy "seek" noise as it sweeps back and forth.
jackson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 22, 2007 18:13 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have an LG GGW-H20L drive as well and it works fine on my Vista system with the OEM PowerDVD Ultra 7.3.3104a.

As soon as I tried to play my only “HD DVD” disc (King Kong) a critical update download prompt was triggered. I downloaded and installed the update which upgraded PowerDVD Ultra to version 7.3.3319.0. The HD DVD played fine before the update and after the update. I also downloaded the version OEM 3516 update but haven’t installed it yet.

I expect that Blu-Ray discs will be more problematic.