Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No digital sound in PowerDVD Ultra
Mikhail [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2008 11:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Once I set output to spdif sound disappears. Windows Media Center outputs fine in Dolby Digital, but the same DVD can be only played with 2 channel audio (when the PowerDVD output is set to anything except spdif). I use an external decoder/amplifier connected via optical cable.

Has anybody encountered this?
Duncan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2008 22:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this since the latest upgrade becasue my Ultra has gone back to Deluxe which doesn't support sound other than stereo
Mikhail [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2008 11:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I found the reason for my problem today. I discovered that my onboard audio was not disabled (my main sound card is SB X-Fi). when I disabled onboard audio and disabled and enabled X-Fi I was able to get spdif from Cyberlink. The way to discover this for me was to install a trial version of Nero 8; when I saw exactly the same problem for Nero 8 I realized that this is a problem with sound configuration outside of Cyberlink
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 05:58 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a X-Fi Xtreme Audio, and the spdif out to my amp works great with Windows Media Player, but like Mikhail I get no sound in PowerDVD, only 2 channel when set to anything other than S/PDIF. The S/PDIF options are greyed out.

My onboard Realtek audio is disabled. My system spec is:

PowerDVD Build: 7.3.3730.0
Video: ATI HD 3450 (Catalyst 8.2)
Audio: X-Fi Xtreme Audio Pack 1.04.0078 (4th Oct 07)

Can anyone help please?
Kenneth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2015 18:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. It works in HDMI (with my Monitor speakers) but, not in s/pdif.
I have tried disabling each sound module in the device monitor, but, no positive result.
Bummer