Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD+HD Combo Drive LG GGW-H20L
Wolfgang. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2008 10:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone experience with this internal drive for Blue Ray / HD DVDs and in connection with graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 3850 ?
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 05:58 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have that drive and a Radeon HD 3450 if that's any help?
Wolfgang. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2008 10:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Today I received an answer from the CyberLink support team confirming that the PowerDVD Ultra works fine with the Combo Drive LG GGW-H20L and the ATI Radeon 3850 graphic card.
I also used the recommended Cyberlink BD/HD-Advisor, but the test failed, although both the BD/HD-Advisor (v1.0.2418.0) and the Catalyst ATI driver (8.3) are from today.
mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2008 00:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the drive with a HD 2600 XT works fine with HD and Blu. The only issue is Cyberlink with down convert the picture to 720P if your not running HDMI.
Justin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2008 14:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This drive is great. I have an ATI HD3650 and everything look great. The OEM software packaged includes PDVD 7.3 Ultra but mine needed an update patch to play HDDVD (I didn't test it unpatched with Blu-ray).
Brent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2008 23:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello esteemed peers,

I am using ATI HD 2600 XT w/ the GGW-H20L and PowerDVD Ulta 7 OEM
I installed it and was running fine since 2007-12-19.

I patch when patches were required and I am currently running 7.3. In the past month or so though, both my BD and HDDVD playback has lost its audio.

I upgraded to PowerDVD Ultra 8 hoping to resolve the issue, only to find that it doesn't support HDDVD. WTF?

Is there anyway to get my audio playback on PowerDVD 7?

Thanks,