Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi all,
I am using Windows 8, and Power2Go 7 Deluxe puts a small dialog box "drag any file here to make a data disc" onto my Desktop. How can I get rid of this without uninstalling Power2Go? (The same thing happens with Power2Go 9 trial version.)

Thanks in advance.

Robert
Thank you for the responses.

When I first noticed the distortion I immediately thought that it was something to do with settings on the TV set, since it played perfectly on the computer. That is why I tried it on two additional TVs, but with the same results. The distortion becomes very evident when the DVD is played through a 4:3 TV. Being a 16:9 movie we get the letterbox effect, with the black bands top and bottom of the screen. With the good (undistorted) versions, these black bands are the same size. With the distorted version the band at the bottom of the screen is much narrower than the top band, so the picture is stretched vertically.

My Create Disc settings are all OK.

Being now aware of the problem I can use the Power 2 Go work-around so that my DVDs are not distorted. What I find interesting (or intriguing, or annoying) is the fact that the competitor software does the job perfectly, without burning to a folder, whereas PD does not. As I said earlier, it would be nice to be able to do the whole job within PD.

I would be interested to learn whether anyone else has noticed similar distortion when using the Create Disc module, or perhaps could replicate my scenarios to see if they get similar results.

Cheers

Robert
Hi all,

I noticed with a recent project that my movie was distorted when viewed through a TV - vertical stretching so people looked "thinner" than they actually are. When played on the computer there is no problem, but the distortion was present on three different TVs I used. In trying to resolve this issue I tried the following four scenarios.

In all cases the same footage was used, 16:9 format SD video, burned to DVD. All editing (trim, transitions, titles, etc) was done using PD11, then:

Scenario 1. After editing I went to Create Disc and burned to DVD. The distortion was present.

Scenario 2. After editing I went to Create Disc and burned to a folder. I then used Cyberlink's Power 2 Go to burn the DVD. No distortion.

Scenario 3. After editing I went to Produce and produced an AVI file of my movie. I then opened a new project, imported my AVI file, made no further changes to it, and went to Create Disc and burned to DVD. The distortion was present. (Not surprising since this is only a slight variation of my first scenario.)

Scenario 4. As in Scenario 3 I produced an AVI file and imported it into a new project in another well-known short-named video editing software and burned to DVD. No distortion.

Has anyone else experienced this distortion?

I know in the past several members of this forum have recommended burning to a folder first and then using another program to burn the DVD (either Cyberlink's Power 2 Go or some other software), but the reasons for recommending this seem to have had nothing to do with the quality of the finished product - more of a workflow issue.

It is also interesting that the competitor software, using exactly the same process, manages to produce the DVD without the distortion.

My processes now will include burning to a folder for all future projects, but it would be nice if I could complete the entire project within Power Director.

Cheers

Robert

HDedit

Thanks for trying it. I think I have it sorted now.

Robert
Hi all

Using Wave Editor directly (ie not going to it from within Power Director) I loaded an audio file onto the timeline (MP3 format) and marked a range which I wanted to cut out. Unfortunately the only action available to me is Copy - the others, including Cut, are greyed out, so I cannot cut out the selected section of the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, how can I choose the point from which the track starts to play. When I press the play button it either starts from the beginning of the track or from the beginning of the selected section. I would like to be able to drag the blue slider to a start point of my choice to help me fine-tune my cutting points (if I can get the Cut feature to work!!!)

Thanks in advance.

Robert
There has been a problem with this feature of PD for several versions now.

I find that when I make DVDs (not Blu-ray) the Play Button does not act as a Play All. When the Playback option "Play the selected title only" is used, the selected title does indeed play and then we are returned to the scenes menu. But the Play button plays only title 1 instead of playing all titles as I would expect.

Not quite the same as the reported behaviour with Blu-ray, but a problem anyway

Robert
HDedit

Yes

Robert
Thanks for the responses.

There was no motion in my slideshow, and I did not use any of the slideshow templates - simply put the photos on the timeline and burned the disc.

I have found in the past that applying motion to photos eg pan and zoom, tends to eliminate the shimmer problem, but I generally prefer my slides to have no motion.

And the slideshows worked fine, ie no shimmer, when I played the DVD's on my PC.

I haven't yet tried the blurring idea, but the real issue for me was why the menu should make a difference.

Thanks

Robert
HDedit,

I'm not sure what information you need (presumably the specs of my computer).

However what I was interested in was whether anyone else had noticed this effect, perhaps by replicating the processes I outlined (and using re-writable discs to avoid producing too many coasters!).

The photos attached are two which particularly exhibited the shimmer, but some of the sample images provided with PD11 also showed it.

Robert
I placed some jpeg images on the timeline then burned a disc with no menu, and no transitions or any other effects. When the DVD was played on my DVD player, using both an analog and a digital TV, some of the images had a noticeable shimmer which detracted from the viewing experience. The shimmer is most apparent with images involving fine lines, especially diagonals, eg a tiled roof.

I then repeated the exercise, but this time I included a menu on the DVD (I used the Monopoly board menu) and when this DVD played there was no shimmer.

Has anybody else experienced this behaviour with PD11 Ultra?

Thanks

Robert
Dafydd

Thanks

Robert
Hi all

I am using a new stills camera which has two options for its "Full HD" movies - MTS and MP4. Which should I choose if I intend to edit the movies for use via DVD or perhaps BluRay, ie which will give the better quality output, and are there any editing issues with either format?

Thanks in advance.

Robert
I was disappointed to see that the Return to Menu glitch which has plagued previous versions appears to remain, despite being pointed out to Cyberlink on several occasions.

If you choose the menu option to "Play the selected title only" you get two choices on the main menu - "Play" and "Scenes". Choosing "Scenes" lets you select a title which plays and then returns to this "Scenes" menu so you can select another title. Great! But if you choose "Play" from the main menu only the first title plays and it comes back to this main menu, instead of playing all titles in order as one would expect with this choice. This option should give the user the choice of playing all titles or choosing a particular title and playing that only. At the moment the "Play" option is redundant as it simply duplicates the selection of Title 1 from the Scenes menu.

Aah well! Perhaps in Version 12 (or 13, or ...)

Robert
I would really like to see a properly functioning Return to Menu feature. (My apologies if this has been finally implemented in a recent build of PD 10, but my latest search suggests that it has not.)

I want to be able to create a DVD with a menu as follows:

1. Main page has two buttons. Button 1 says Play All, and selecting that plays all titles in order from first to last, and then returns to this main menu page. Button 2 says Select Title, and selecting that brings up a second menu page.

2. Second page has buttons for each of my titles (plus, of course, a button to navigate back to the main page). Selecting a button plays that title only and then returns to this second menu page to allow selection of another title.

It would be a bonus if subtitles could be turned on or off for individual titles chosen from my second page, but I would happily settle for Points 1 and 2 above!

Robert
Hi PIX

Thanks for the reply.

This seems to be a serious short-coming in PhotoDirector. Putting photos into an Album seems to be just the same as Tagging them.

Perhaps it will be fixed in the next version.

Cheers

Robert
Hi all

I have a set of photos which I want to arrange in a particular order then export and rename as Photo1, Photo2, etc. The export and rename part seems OK but how can I arrange the photos in the order I want? I created an album containing these photos but I cannot see how to shift them to rearrange them. In Photoshop Elements the photos in an album can be moved by dragging and dropping and I expected something similar here. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Robert
PIX

Thanks again.

I have been using other software for my title slides. I just hoped that PhotoDirector might do it as well, but alas, no such luck!

Robert
Ganesha

Thanks for the reply, but I must be missing something in the link you provided, since I still cannot see how to save a color board title slide as a separate image.

Robert
Hi PIX

Thanks for the reply.

Robert
Hi all

In the slideshow function you can create title slides by using a color board and adding text. Is it possible to either (a) use that title slide outside the slideshow function (ie saved as a separate jpg file for use elsewhere) or (b) create such a title slide in PhotoDirector other than in the slideshow function?

Thanks in advance.

Robert
Adrian

Many thanks

Robert
Go to: