Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Putting Black Line on Screen
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

I am working with some old VHS tapes and they are capturing OK apart from a slight imperfection in a very narrow line across the bottom of the screen. It is outside the TV safe zone so it is not going to be a major problem, but it still shows on the computer so I would like to cover it with a thin black line. How can I do this please?

I could probably hide the imperfection by putting my movie in the PiP track and enlarging it so that the imperfection is outside the screen, but I am concerned that even a slight magnification of my material will cause a noticeable degradation in quality - coming from VHS it's not super great anyway!

Thanks in advance

Robert
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Insert a black colourboard into a pip track and position and resize it (uncheck maintain aspect ratio) so that it covers the offending imperfection.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Adrian

Many thanks

Robert
[Post New]
Or you could crop it out.