Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove dialog box from Desktop?
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,
I am using Windows 8, and Power2Go 7 Deluxe puts a small dialog box "drag any file here to make a data disc" onto my Desktop. How can I get rid of this without uninstalling Power2Go? (The same thing happens with Power2Go 9 trial version.)

Thanks in advance.

Robert
jacksonace [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 24, 2013 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
I tried different combinations to at least minimize this but I am unable to. Have you found a way to hide this already Robert?
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jacksonace

No, no solution yet.

Robert
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
It's an option in the preferences of the main Power2Go program. I'm not sure where it is in P2G 7, the user interface has changed. In any case, the option is there; but the gadget won't go away until after you reboot.

You can also tell Windows not to start it up, but that's a little more involved. Jerry Schwartz
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jerry

Thanks for the reply. However I cannot find what I need in the P2G 7 Preferences.

Robert
RobertWA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jerry

Your suggestion about a Windows solution led me to this site:

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/30618-windows-8-turn-off-startup-programs

which appears to have solved the problem.

Jacksonace, If you haven't already found a solution you might find this helpful.

Robert