Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stevek,

Sorry

I am using PowerDVD13, and omitted to mention it because I posted in the PowerDVD13 forum.

Robert
In Slideshow Preferences we can set the duration of each photo to 3, 4, 5 or 6 seconds. Is there any way to override this so that the slideshow advances to the next photo only on a mouse click ( or press right arrow). Alternatively can we have a long duration of say 20 or 30 seconds?

Thanks

Robert
Hi Michael,

I tried using PDVDLP.exe (is this the Version 13 equivalent of PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe?) as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" "D:\Bears 1.avi"

This opens PowerDVD13 and plays the file. Now, is there a way to close PowerDVD13 when the avi file is finished?

Thanks

Robert
Michael,

Thanks for the reply, but I got an error message saying that Windows cannot find PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe

What can I do now?

I don't appear to have PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe on my computer. Should it have been installed as part of thePowerDVD13 installation? A couple of things I read seemed to indicate that PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe was associated with earlier versions of PowerDVD and perhaps not Version 13? Is this correct? I also noticed that I have a file called PDVDLP.exe - is this relevant?

Thanks

Robert
Hi all,

I want to play a video file using PowerDVD13 from the Run command.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe opens PowerDVD13 OK, but I run into problems when I want to open a particular file.

I thought adding "C:\Users\Robert\My Videos\Alaska\Bear.avi" should work, but it doesn't.

Is it possible to achieve what I want?

Thanks in advance

Robert
Stevek,

Thanks for the reply.

The removal of the trial copy occurred automatically during the installation of the paid version.

It seemed to me that the correct codecs must have been installed, at least initially, as the files played OK with the trial version. Your suggestion that perhaps the codecs had been removed or corrupted during the removal of the trial version sounded more like the problem.

So I uninstalled the paid version using Windows Uninstall Program. I then re-installed the trial version.

I then uninstalled the trial version using Windows Uninstall Program, and re-installed the paid version. It works! (at least for now!)

Thanks

Robert
I have been using the trial version of PowerDVD13 and it played my video files (.avi) perfectly. I decided to purchase the full version and my first attempt to play a video file met with the message "Cyberlink PowerDVD does not support the playback of this media format". The file was exactly the same file as played perfectly on the trial version.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thanks

Robert
Many thanks

Robert
Hi all

When using the Animation Paint tool is it possible to enlarge the image on which you are painting in order to allow more accurate painting?

Thanks

Robert
Stevek

I found a work-around which seems to work (but doesn't remove the problem as far as PowerDVD is concerned).

Take the original Portrait photo and open it in a photo-editing software. (I tried Photoshop Elements 9 and also Photo Director 3 and they both work.) Don't do any editing at all, just "Save As" and give it a new name. The new photo behaves correctly in PowerDVD 13.

You can also actually do some editing such as cropping on the photo and the new version seems to work OK as well.

While this work-around gets me over my present problem, I feel this strange behaviour of Portrait photos is a serious limitation of PowerDVD's capabilities.

Cheers

Robert
Stevek

Thanks again.

I know that I can use PowerDirector to put my images (and videos) together to make a video "slideshow" and I can manage the images so that they display correctly. However the Playlist function in Power DVD seemed to be a better way to go as it gives me more control when I am actually playing the slideshow, eg advancing to the next slide by clicking (so that I can spend as much time as I want on a particular slide) rather than having the video slideshow proceed at the per-deternmined rate eg 5 seconds per slide. (Yes I know I can use the pause button on my video player but that can lead to a clumsy presentation.) It would be much better, I think, if the Media Player could handle Portrait photos correctly.

If it's not too much trouble would you mind trying to replicate my problem - perhaps the full version of PowerDVD13 works better than the trial version.

Thanks once again.

Robert
Stevek

Thanks

I checked the stretch settings but they are set to original aspect ratio, not to stretch.

The images are standard jpegs from my camera. If I view them from the Photos library in PowerDVD13 they are OK, but as soon as I add them to a Playlist they don't display correctly. Normally I would be happy to just view my "slideshow" from the Photos library, but the reason I want to use a Playlist is that I want to include videos as well as photos in the one show. If I keep my media to videos and Landscape photos there is no problem but as soon as I use Portrait photos I have a problem.

Have you experienced any problems with Portrait photos in a Playlist?

Thanks again for your help.

Robert
Hi all,

I am trialling PowerDVD13 and have a problem with photos with a Portrait orientation.

When viewed as thumbnails in Windows Explorer they are correct. When viewed as thumbnails in the main screen of PowerDVD they are also correct.

But when played as a slideshow from the playlist they are the right way up, they use the full landscape screen but they are stretched sideways to fill the screen. (Imagine a Portrait orientation photo of a standing person. In this case he is standing but is very very fat!) And when I click on them from the playlist they occupy a Portrait frame on the screen but are sideways and stretched. (The person is still very very fat but is now sideways!).

What settings can I change to ensure that Portrait photos always display correctly?

Thanks

Robert
Michael

Thanks.

Not the answer I had hoped for but it is what I expected. I guess I'll have to put my photos and videos into a video and put the subtitles onto that.

Thanks again

Robert
I am trialling PowerDVD13, and from what I have read it seems that it is possible to add subtitles to "home-made" videos (sub-titles which you can choose to display or not). Is it possible to add similar sub-titles to photographs? I have a playlist which includes both video and still images and I would like to use sub-titles on both types of media.

Thanks

Robert
Jerry

Your suggestion about a Windows solution led me to this site:

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/30618-windows-8-turn-off-startup-programs

which appears to have solved the problem.

Jacksonace, If you haven't already found a solution you might find this helpful.

Robert
Jerry

Thanks for the reply. However I cannot find what I need in the P2G 7 Preferences.

Robert
Jacksonace

No, no solution yet.

Robert
Thank you both for your replies.

Robert
Hi All,

I want to create Blu Ray discs, but I am confused about which file format to use. The source material will be HD video (AVCHD 1920 x 1080) and still images (4000 x 2248 ) , with some SD video in some projects.

If I burn my disc directly from the Create Disc module my choices are H.264 or MPEG-2. If I use the Produce module to create the file first with a view to burning to disc later my choices seem to be H.264, MPEG-4 and MPEG-2.

Which option will give the best quality product? I am not concerned about trying to minimise file size in order to squeeze lots onto one disc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert

PS I searched the forum and found a few relevant threads, but these left me still confused. Can anyone help my addled brain?
Hi all,
I am using Windows 8, and Power2Go 7 Deluxe puts a small dialog box "drag any file here to make a data disc" onto my Desktop. How can I get rid of this without uninstalling Power2Go? (The same thing happens with Power2Go 9 trial version.)

Thanks in advance.

Robert
Go to: