Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with Wave Editor
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Using Wave Editor directly (ie not going to it from within Power Director) I loaded an audio file onto the timeline (MP3 format) and marked a range which I wanted to cut out. Unfortunately the only action available to me is Copy - the others, including Cut, are greyed out, so I cannot cut out the selected section of the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, how can I choose the point from which the track starts to play. When I press the play button it either starts from the beginning of the track or from the beginning of the selected section. I would like to be able to drag the blue slider to a start point of my choice to help me fine-tune my cutting points (if I can get the Cut feature to work!!!)

Thanks in advance.

Robert
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,

FYI - I just tried it using several MP3 files and my setup works fine in standalone mode. Win 10, i7
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
HDedit

Thanks for trying it. I think I have it sorted now.

Robert