Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi The dark screen od PD is awful and very difficult to see clearly. Is it possible to change it to another color or template?
Quote Is there a list of Hot Keys in printable format so I can arrange them as I want them?

Shift+F12 or clicking on help gives you a complete listing that you can copy, print, paste or do anything you want.

Brilliant! Thank you and so quick.
Is there a list of Hot Keys in printable format so I can arrange them as I want them?
Quote Hi again -

I have an apology to make. Before uploaded those Multi-layer projects, I failed to check them. Fortunately a kind colleague pointed out that Multi-Layer 2 wasn't a packed project at all. I've corrected my error & fixed the link embarassed

strifemit - if you feel like a small challenge - see if you can create something like this in PDR16. You can see that it uses 5 tracks.

1. Track1 - Background video

2. Track2 - Green screen video (you may recognise that guy)

3. Track3 - Lower Third

4. Track4 - Logo

5. Track5 - Title

Good practice at chroma key for when you get yours ready to go.

Here's the project. All it has is the media in the Media Library & nothing in the timelines.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I would take up the challenge but I have already got that far. Major problem at the moment is getting the green background working with lighting. I have the cloth and a piece of black cloth to put behind it to keep the sun from shining through. The cloth is 3 by 3 meters and difficult to manage. Now I am thinking of fixing it to a frame and someone will help me with that Monday. In fact this has been the main task to sort out for a while. Then it is a matter of creating an introduction to my video series. The introduction to the introduction is done including sound. I am looking for backgrounds now that work and fit my topic in the meantime. Hopefully first decent cut before I take off to Melbourne and Singapore mid April. Video series - Communication and YOU.
Quote Hi again -

I'm sorry you got lost, but no worry.

It was really just to show you the way the timelines woud have been set up to create that sequence in your initial screenshot. I wasn't expecting you to "do anything" with it, apart from looking at the timeline/PiP Designer set up.

As you can see, there are different elements inserted in different tracks. That's how you get that layered effect.

Right now, my main PC is giving me grief or I'd do a screen capture to see if that might help.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I have been progressing quite well. Current problem is the sun behind my green cloth. Later in the day it shouldn't be a problem. I have it working pretty well now. Takes all that time fiding the cloth, hanging it up, testing, sorting out the lwebcam settings, pulling hair out but finally it is coming together. Thank for the help.
Quote Hi strifemit -

Here's a little something for you to explore and play with. I've packed two short projects, which both use a number of tracks, just like the tutorial example (made by forum members) you grabbed the snapshot from.

These projects each have:

1. a background video in Track 1

2. a green screen (chroma keyed) video in Track 2

3. graphics &/or tiles in the other tracks.

That's just how that sequence was made in the tutorial.

Here are the packed projects - Multi-Layer Project 1 & Multi-Layer Project 2

When you unzip the packed projects, open them in PDR16. Open each element in PiP Designer/Title Designer & you'll see what's been done to it.

Good luck. See how you go.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Got completely lost.

I am not sure what I should be doing with it.
Quote with the button in the upper right corner shown on attached image:

Thank you Hatti. I should have seen that.
Quote Hi strifemit -

Here's a little something for you to explore and play with. I've packed two short projects, which both use a number of tracks, just like the tutorial example (made by forum members) you grabbed the snapshot from.

These projects each have:

1. a background video in Track 1

2. a green screen (chroma keyed) video in Track 2

3. graphics &/or tiles in the other tracks.

That's just how that sequence was made in the tutorial.

Here are the packed projects - Multi-Layer Project 1 & Multi-Layer Project 2

When you unzip the packed projects, open them in PDR16. Open each element in PiP Designer/Title Designer & you'll see what's been done to it.

Good luck. See how you go.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony - how do I get the zips onto my laptop? I should know but my mind couldn't work it out.

I have been quite busy buying a green backsheet and trying out the functionality. The zips could help me tidy up some of the stuff I tested. The output was quite good but definitely needs a little more tweaking.
Quote Hi - I have created my video and I want to add what is either known as PIP or overlay. My video is basically me talking with a blank background so I want to choose a ready mady whatever that will fit either side or both sides and the top to male it more visually appealing. Can anybody tell me what would be the best way to do this and where I might find these?

What you need is the green screen technique. Just Youtube on green screen and you will find what you need. PD is capable of handling green screen.

grz
LouisV

Thank you.
Quote try Tony's Shifting masked video and his PDtoots/videos
and or Malik's PowerDirector University .

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thank you. I'll see how I am doing in 5 years when I've worked through all the PDTools. I can see there are quite a lot.
Quote I have found these two YouTube channels to be extremely useful

The Sharper Turtle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6a0_l0sZGJNO0FXqaCB4KA

PowerDirector University

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj1NjLNgrF6yn_GINPcfrwQ

both are on these forums as well.

Regards

Phil

Thank you Phil - much appreciated. I'll work through the Sharper Turtle today and see how it goes. I have a problem with PowerDirector University. The guy is entertaining but too much time is wasted on marketing and you have to add the adverts that keep stepping in. I'll give them another go and see how it pans out. Thanks Phil.
Quote Hi

At the moment I think the software is crap! Let me modify this a little. The supporting material is crap and as a raw beginner the tutorials are rubbish. I try to work through them but I have the following issues:

They go too fast.
They talk technical which doesn’t work for beginners.
Even when PowerDirector 16 is stated the video doesn’t match my screen at times which means I get stuck.
Too much time is spent telling us about the product when we have already purchased
Stuff is continually marketed.
I feel as if there are a lot of people out there more interested in us registering or looking at their other videos.
I have been unable to find any tutorials that go at a sensible speed and take us through each step which can be followed because my screen is often different. I am struggling to find any that understand the process or rational behind a tutorial.
Tutorials say something is simple and yet it isn’t because it doesn’t work.

The best tutorial I found was about my Logitech C920 which was delivered extremely well and hence helped me solve my problem with setting it up.

I still can’t get my Logitec to work in PowerDirector and Cyberlink do not bother to respond.

I have had one bit of sarcasm from one person on the Forum and another helped me through one issue. Unfortunately a decent tutorial would have meant this wasn’t necessary.

Are there any decent tutorials that actually flow well at a reasonable pace for a beginner?

At the moment my gut is telling me it is a waste of time and maybe I should consider a refund.
p

You are being very unfair with your comments. Please remember the vast majority of video tutorials are made by ordinary people like you and me for no reward except the satisfaction of knowing they have helped somebody. They make those tutorials for people like you who have very little experience with video editing. Yes, maybe they are quite fast and perhaps difficult to follow at times, but it is a complicated subject. Don't forget there is a pause button and a replay button too. So please try to understand why these videos are like they are.

You have also started many threads on the forum and you complain of scarcasm, but I read nothing in your post about the help that you have already received from the membership.

I learned all I know about PD from this forum and the decent people who use it. If there was something I was unsure of I experimented until I found out how to do it properly.

It's such a shame that Logitech doesn't create video editing programs.

Welcome to the world of video making

Robert

I understand how it works and if you are monitoring me you will have noticed I have thanked those that have helped. I purchased the software on the basis of stated excellent tutorials but that isn't the case. We are forced to make contact through the forum and it seems impossible to contact Cyberlink. The first half of my career was in IT and I reached a senior level so I have a reasonable appreciation of software. Not however video editing. I can follow tutorials and have been learning HTML and CSS and more. They make sense. I am interested in finding tutorials that go through the basic process from beginning to end using basic editing. Unfortunately what I have found so far are often wrong and when you are blind it is difficult to follow. I have watched loads of videos but I have had difficulty picking things up on PD. At the same time I watched a video which explained about the setup for the Logitech C920 and it was brilliant. Would be nice to fingd some videos on PowerDirector 16 at even half that level.

I do appreciate what the volunteers do althoug mainly it is a referral to tutorials which double up as marketing too. I did have one person who explained an issue for me and I thanked him. None of what he told me was in any of the tutorials I watched. At 70plus I don't have time to spend years learning the ropes.

Thank youu for your response ayway.
Quote Hi,
Presumably the person is a video, not an image.

If it is a video, then it will have been shot against a green (or blue) screen and then chromakey used to show the underlying image/video.

There will be plenty of tutorial greenscreen videos out there to show the concept and implementation in PDR. Whilst it is simple in theory, it can be complex in practise to achieve a good result, so view as many approaches as you can to get the best approach that suits your setup and experience.

If it is an image it will have been done by using a .png image with a transparent background.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you. Probably beyond my skill. What is a mask? Can I cut much of the background out and then overlaying that on a background. If I can what would I use or is there a specific tutorial that shows this?
How do I stop PD16 going direct to timeline?
Hi

At the moment I think the software is crap! Let me modify this a little. The supporting material is crap and as a raw beginner the tutorials are rubbish. I try to work through them but I have the following issues:

They go too fast.
They talk technical which doesn’t work for beginners.
Even when PowerDirector 16 is stated the video doesn’t match my screen at times which means I get stuck.
Too much time is spent telling us about the product when we have already purchased
Stuff is continually marketed.
I feel as if there are a lot of people out there more interested in us registering or looking at their other videos.
I have been unable to find any tutorials that go at a sensible speed and take us through each step which can be followed because my screen is often different. I am struggling to find any that understand the process or rational behind a tutorial.
Tutorials say something is simple and yet it isn’t because it doesn’t work.

The best tutorial I found was about my Logitech C920 which was delivered extremely well and hence helped me solve my problem with setting it up.

I still can’t get my Logitec to work in PowerDirector and Cyberlink do not bother to respond.

I have had one bit of sarcasm from one person on the Forum and another helped me through one issue. Unfortunately a decent tutorial would have meant this wasn’t necessary.

Are there any decent tutorials that actually flow well at a reasonable pace for a beginner?

At the moment my gut is telling me it is a waste of time and maybe I should consider a refund.
Hi

In the attached the person is overlayed onto a picture. How do I do this or is there a tutorial that shows specifically how this is created?
Quote Cyberlink has a great selection of Tutorials. Perhaps one of these may help: Look at the others as well.

PIP Designer.

Video Blending.

Thank you. I will watch them but I was looking for some ready made. If I want pictures I use pixaby often. If I want transitions there are plenty on PowerDirector. I am looking for something readymade I can overlay onto my video. It is a plain backgound that needs to look a little more exciting/interesting. Many videos on youtube are similar and those with plain backgrouds are almost boring. I can get transistions, overlays and effects on PowerDirector. An obvious background would be curstains for example. Is there anywhere where I can this kind of thing?
Hi - I have created my video and I want to add what is either known as PIP or overlay. My video is basically me talking with a blank background so I want to choose a ready mady whatever that will fit either side or both sides and the top to male it more visually appealing. Can anybody tell me what would be the best way to do this and where I might find these?
Quote Hi again -

I can't quite follow what you're up to with transitions. i.e. what's working for you & what's not.

Maybe there's something in this short annotated screen capture (not a tutorial) that will help you.

Hope it helps somehow.

Cheers - Tony

Tony that is great. I'll go through it a few more times to get clear on it. Placing at the end or the beginning is working and so I can workk with that plus all the editing you showed me which is great. Thank you.
Quote Hi strifemit -

Steve's right - "does not work" is a bit nondescript. Do you mean it does not record at all in the Capture module?

An issue with Logitech C920 was raised in the PDR14 forum. This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but maybe the fix posted by Dafydd B in this thread might correct whatever it is that's wrong.

Cheers - Tony

Hi I did this and there are two dll files so I tested both and neither worked. PowerDirector closed down each time. There was a difference when I went back to the original dll but that quickly reverted to the same error message.
Quote What settings do I need to get my Logitec C920 Pro to work?

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell us more. Please explain - what do mean by recognized? What do you mean by doesn't work?

Does it work with the Logitech included software?

Are you trying to capture to your system hard drive? What profile are you using? What video resolutions have you tried?

I assume that you are using a desktop. Do not use a USB port on the front of your computer. If you are using a HUB, make sure it is powered (again to a USB port on the back of your computer).

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe file from the evaluation of your computer. You may also want to post screen captures of your setting so we have a place to start.

BTW my Logitech C910 works and has worked for several versions.

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell me more about this:

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe file from the evaluation of your computer. You may also want to post screen captures of your setting so we have a place to start.

The problem is something to do with the PowerDirector software.
Go to: