Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote See this 11 second video on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTIWs_VwOU . The contributors moved the part of the scrubber or cursor called the arrow.

I tried it enough times and stopped before I went mad. The only thing that happens is the usual arrow moves.

You need to trim it and then "produce range". After producing the range the clip will be returned to the Library automatically as an MP4 or whatever you choose. The new clip is now available for use in the Collage Designer.

Thank you. I understand. I went to the manual which says move the arrows on either side, but I can’t find any arrows. They have popped up now and again, but I don’t know how or why. What am I missing? Why can I take a picture and save it but not cut pieces of a video and save the end result? I say this because I have several videos I have cut and want to save them, but produce will be slow if I have to do them all one at a time.

The other way would be to put my cut video directly into the collage, but I don’t think this is possible. Am I right here?
If I move a video to my timeline and then trim it. How do I get the shorter timeline version back into my library? Then I can use it in the video collage designer and delete the original video.

In fact how do I do it so I can remove the longer videos and reduce the size of the project?
Quote Hi strifemit -

I'm not exactly sure what kind of thing you're after, but it would be well worth checking out PDTemplateZone, developed by forum member GodreyZA.

Godfrey has built an eclectic mix of templates - Theme Designer, Express Project, Slideshow etc - many of which may suit your needs.

Each template has an associated demo video whic you'll find on the PDTemplateZone YouTube channel.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I'll look at that. Through this question and a little more looking I have found lots more in Director Zone and other places that I didn't know about, so I can build on that. Cheers
Quote Hello,

I assume you are referring to Express Projects? You can download a whole bunch of them from DirectorZone. There is also a director download button within PowerDirector library. You just need to click the Plugin button and then select Express Project.

David

Ok David I found it but there is hardly anything their. I facilitate workshops and also have a website with information about Communication & YOU. I want to create visually affective videos with good sound and text. Nothing on PD really gives me that.

I am looking for samples or templates that I can play around with using PD 16. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks.
Quote Hello,

I assume you are referring to Express Projects? You can download a whole bunch of them from DirectorZone. There is also a director download button within PowerDirector library. You just need to click the Plugin button and then select Express Project.

David

Hi David
I went to the link couldn't find anything about Express Projects and so have no idea what it is.
Quote Hello,

David

I didn't know about Express Projects and I'll look at it. I've seen some videos that would work perfectly for me on videohive and envato which may be the same thing but they want monthly subs which isn't necessary for me. I'm happy to pay something. I have seen some that would be perfect for me. I just need to change things like sound, images, text and so on to fit my topics. Once I have a standard for me I'll be happy. I don't understand the license either which says one end project which isn't clear. I could probably just have one template that would work for me and I could modify with changes while keeping the same standard. One project sounds like I would have to pay for every video I made out of it fo my website. ANyway I hope you understand what I am looking for. I did look on Cyberlink but they didn't seem to have a product or templates to download.
Hi
I am looking for one or two flexible video templates. I don't see the point of a monthly fee when I only need a few that I can modify myself.

I want to be able to change images, text, colours, sound and have a little flexibility with it such as on text animations.

Need your recommendations. Where can I find some that are free or do not cost too much? Looking forward to your suggestions.
Quote Hi
I have plenty of lighting but still not getting my picture as clean as I would like. I had to move into my office because of lighting and it is a bit small. I have 2 Tolifo 176S Led lights and 2 softboxes but find it difficult to improve. Any tips on lighting to improve the results? I have assumed it is the lighting.

Go pickup the APP "Green Screener" This is what I use on my cell phone. I point it at the green screen and it shows me where I lack light and need to add more light. Best app I ever bought for doing my green screens

Looks fantastic. Can't wait until I get back to Auckland and try it. THank you.
Quote There are many tips and tutorials for green/blue screen techniques to be found on Youtube, I advise you to watch a few if you have not.

• Bright even lighting

• Light source with a high CRI

• No wrinkles in your screen. None!

• Try different camera settings, 60i vs 30P vs 60P, etc.

• Is your screen a quality color? I returned my first screen as the green was too "piney" rather than vivid florescent green.

You may even be affected by the fact that consumer cameras record in highly compressed formats and throw out much of the color information that pro cameras save.

Thank you. I got the green screen from a camera shop. I will iron it again to make sure any minor creases disappear. I'll try everything else too. Even light seems to be the main problem and I'll try the different options you suggested. I am using the webcam Logitech C920 HD Pro.
Quote I had the same problem. First of all: Try to lighten your green screen as evenly as possible. Then have a look at the effects room, NewBlue Video Essentials VI. They are all test versions, but try out "NewBlue Chroma Key Pro". It brought much better results as the builtin chroma keyer. You would find it better to get a small program: jcpicker, because the effect does not have acolor picker. The little program is a good workaround. I bought the effect package fpr 49 dollars.

Hatti

Thank you. Will look at them.
Quote After dragging the picture to the timeline, have a look at the preview window, On the just added picture, there are 8 handles at the border of the picture. 4 in the corners, 4 in the middle of the sides. You can drag these handles to enlarge the picture. Press the SHIFT butoon while dragging the handles to maintain aspect ratio. You can change the zoom of the preview window from "fit" to an other value to see the handles better.

Good luck

Hatti

Thank you. I didn't think it worked but now I can see it does. Thank you.
Hi
I have plenty of lighting but still not getting my picture as clean as I would like. I had to move into my office because of lighting and it is a bit small. I have 2 Tolifo 176S Led lights and 2 softboxes but find it difficult to improve. Any tips on lighting to improve the results? I have assumed it is the lighting.
Hi
Every video I choose a background picture. How do I make the picture fill the screen? I find it is mostly a bit narrower. I tried bigger pictures but it makes no difference.
Quote Hi Lance -

Here are a couple of templates that might help get you started...

Kinetic Type 1

Kinetic Type 2

These templates use multiple tracks in each title. Each track can be modified in any way or removed.

To do real animation as shown in the video you linked, you'd need to combine titles with graphics in PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony.
Quote Hi strifemit -

About your question:

The YouTube videos you linked are just made with a series of titles one after the other, with each title formatted slightly differently. It would be pointless creating a series of templates for that without knowing exactly what you wanted.

The other words animation video is just that - animation! In PDR, even though you could make slides like that, creating templates would be pointless because each animation is indiviual & appropriate only to that word. Making something like that "without a creative bone in your body" would be a bit challenging!

Quote: I want some examples of templates that have words. Maybe some something that has the same word popping up all over the place or something that several different words pop up all over the place.

That's a different thing than anything in the videos you linked.

Way back in (about) PDR9, I made this little example of kinetic typography. Doing that's a bit simpler in PDR16 because you can have multiple text tracks in one title.

Why not post a screen shot of the kind of thing you'd like to do?

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks

Now I have the words Kinetic Typography which has lots of responses on Google. Unfortunetely nothing recent for PowerDirector although they do generate some ideas.

I was thinking one or two templates which I can change the words and then lay them over each other. I can't give an example because I don't know specifically. I used one title on the intro to a video I put up on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t0nvzCeoKg

I am looking for more options that I could use. I just look at them and know if I like it or not.

Lance
This link should work and demonstrates the kind of templates I am looking for:
Link to word animation video

It shows a variety of ways to reveal words.
“I don't know exactly what you mean. A "word" is also text. So I cannot see the problem. What you can do:
a) use more than one title. A title is actually a piece of video so you can put a title on video tracks.
b) create a picture with your "word" on it and save it as PNG with transparent background. You can put as many of these PNG to your timeline, let them fade in and out and do PiP effects.

Hatti”

These have examples of what I am looking for. Templates I can change the words. As I said I am not creative so I am looking for templates that have a look and feel that will work for me.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/01/this-animation-shows-the-meaning-of-words-using-just-its-letters/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdfXzA7BAAQ
“I don't know exactly what you mean. A "word" is also text. So I cannot see the problem. What you can do:
a) use more than one title. A title is actually a piece of video so you can put a title on video tracks.
b) create a picture with your "word" on it and save it as PNG with transparent background. You can put as many of these PNG to your timeline, let them fade in and out and do PiP effects.”

These have examples of what I am looking for. Templates I can change the words. As I said I am not creative so I am looking for templates that have a look and feel that will work for me.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/01/this-animation-shows-the-meaning-of-words-using-just-its-letters/tti[/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AenfEVZS7uQ
Hi
I want to create some backgrounds that have words on them. There is Text Title but that seems to be all about titles. I want some examples of templates that have words. Maybe some something that has the same word popping up all over the place or something that several different words pop up all over the place. I need this because I know what I like but don't have a creative bone in my body. I have looked through the Directors Zone but can't find other than Titles. I have seen things similar to what I want in videos but don't know how to create them and definitely not so they look good.
Hi The dark screen od PD is awful and very difficult to see clearly. Is it possible to change it to another color or template?
Go to: