Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote What settings do I need to get my Logitec C920 Pro to work?

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell us more. Please explain - what do mean by recognized? What do you mean by doesn't work?

Does it work with the Logitech included software?

Are you trying to capture to your system hard drive? What profile are you using? What video resolutions have you tried?

I assume that you are using a desktop. Do not use a USB port on the front of your computer. If you are using a HUB, make sure it is powered (again to a USB port on the back of your computer).

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe file from the evaluation of your computer. You may also want to post screen captures of your setting so we have a place to start.

BTW my Logitech C910 works and has worked for several versions.

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell me more about this:

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe file from the evaluation of your computer. You may also want to post screen captures of your setting so we have a place to start.

The problem is something to do with the PowerDirector software.
Quote That's right -

A transition can only be placed:

1. where 2 clips butt up to each other

2. at the start or end of a clip

A transition cannot be placed:

1. in the middle of a clip that hasn't been split

2. somewhere out on its own in the timeline!

3. where there's the slightest gap between two clips (e.g. 1 frame)

Cheers - Tony

Well I added a video and then split it into several videos. Could cut because the cut option didn't show. I am working through the transitions to see what I like but why do some work and some don't? Why do some work and then place them on another section they don't.

Is it a problem because I recorded a video and then split it in several places so I could break it up? Do I have to record the video in shorter pieces which seems silly because then why have an editor?

Help please.

When placing a transition move slow. When you grab the transition and move it down to the video on the time line make sure to pause for a couple secs and then release the mouse the button. I noticed on slowler computers if you move to quick it does not work.

I have a very fast HP Envy with 16GB Ram. Everything else works fine. Now I understand that it must be before the split or after the split but it can't be onn the split which is the obvious place if you want to transition from one to the other. I can make that work and it seems it will be easier for me to make separate videos up to each break point. I can do that.

No video I have watched makes this very clear. I am interested in seeing a video that goes through the whole process of creating a video from A to Z and use all the basic functions while doing it. I want to see where each function fits in and how it works. This would make it a lot easier rather than a million videos each highlighting one function, especially as an amateur video creator. I often have no idea what some of these things do and in any case they go so fast as if talking to experienced people.

The first part of my career was in IT, so I am fairly computer literate but completely illiterate when creating and editing videos.
Quote That's right -

Cheers - Tony

Well I added a video and then split it into several videos. Could cut because the cut option didn't show. I am working through the transitions to see what I like but why do some work and some don't? Why do some work and then place them on another section they don't.

Is it a problem because I recorded a video and then split it in several places so I could break it up? Do I have to record the video in shorter pieces which seems silly because then why have an editor?

Help please.
Quote That's right -

Cheers - Tony

Thank you. Absolutely perfect. All the tutorials I have watched didn't tell me that and yet it is obviously so basically clear. Much appreciated.
Hi
Videos I watch say just click on a transition and put it in your timeline. I have one video that I want to test various transitions to see which work best. All the videos I have watched so far say easy. Just click on it and drag it to your timeline. But that doesn't work. I think I have to split the video or cut it and then add the transition. Is this correct? Is there a tutorial that explains things correctly for me to follow?
Quote What settings do I need to get my Logitec C920 Pro to work?

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell us more. Please explain - what do mean by recognized? What do you mean by doesn't work?

Does it work with the Logitech included software?

Are you trying to capture to your system hard drive? What profile are you using? What video resolutions have you tried?

I assume that you are using a desktop. Do not use a USB port on the front of your computer. If you are using a HUB, make sure it is powered (again to a USB port on the back of your computer).

BTW my Logitech C910 works and has worked for several versions.

This is what I get. Everything works on my laptop and everything is up to date. PowerDirector recognises the webcam but I get this message.
Quote Ho do I save a transition in custom? I am looking through what is available and understood I could just move a transition into custom but it has a no entry.

You can only put true "custom" made transitions into custom.

Are you really thinking about adding to "favourites". You can do this by right clicking on a transition and selecting "add to" my favourites

I got it until I realise I meant to say Titles. The transitions go to my favourites which is good. My problem are the titles and I believe I can only save to custom after opening the edit. Is this correct?

Yes, make your titles in the title room and use the "Save as" command. The result will be in custom titles
Thank you
Quote Ho do I save a transition in custom? I am looking through what is available and understood I could just move a transition into custom but it has a no entry.

You can only put true "custom" made transitions into custom.

Are you really thinking about adding to "favourites". You can do this by right clicking on a transition and selecting "add to" my favourites

I got it until I realise I meant to say Titles. The transitions go to my favourites which is good. My problem are the titles and I believe I can only save to custom after opening the edit. Is this correct?
What settings do I need to get my Logitec C920 Pro to work?
Ho do I save a transition in custom? I am looking through what is available and understood I could just move a transition into custom but it has a no entry.
Go to: