Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Webcam C920 Recognised but does not work
strifemit [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 15, 2017 20:17 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
What settings do I need to get my Logitec C920 Pro to work?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What settings do I need to get my Logitec C920 Pro to work?

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell us more. Please explain - what do mean by recognized? What do you mean by doesn't work?

Does it work with the Logitech included software?

Are you trying to capture to your system hard drive? What profile are you using? What video resolutions have you tried?

I assume that you are using a desktop. Do not use a USB port on the front of your computer. If you are using a HUB, make sure it is powered (again to a USB port on the back of your computer).

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe file from the evaluation of your computer. You may also want to post screen captures of your setting so we have a place to start.

BTW my Logitech C910 works and has worked for several versions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2018 09:43

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi strifemit -

Steve's right - "does not work" is a bit nondescript. Do you mean it does not record at all in the Capture module?

An issue with Logitech C920 was raised in the PDR14 forum. This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but maybe the fix posted by Dafydd B in this thread might correct whatever it is that's wrong.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell us more. Please explain - what do mean by recognized? What do you mean by doesn't work?

Are you trying to capture to your system hard drive? What profile are you using? What video resolutions have you tried?

I assume that you are using a desktop. Do not use a USB port on the front of your computer. If you are using a HUB, make sure it is powered (again to a USB port on the back of your computer).

Please post the Windows dxdiag.exe file from the evaluation of your computer. You may also want to post screen captures of your setting so we have a place to start.

This is what I get. Everything works on my laptop and everything is up to date. PowerDirector recognises the webcam but I get this message.
[Thumb - powerdirector-webcam-1.jpg]
 Filename
powerdirector-webcam-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Error message
 Filesize
234 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]

Electrons are cheap; don;t try to save them. Tell me more about this:

The problem is something to do with the PowerDirector software.
strifemit [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi strifemit -

Steve's right - "does not work" is a bit nondescript. Do you mean it does not record at all in the Capture module?

An issue with Logitech C920 was raised in the PDR14 forum. This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but maybe the fix posted by Dafydd B in this thread might correct whatever it is that's wrong.

Cheers - Tony

Hi I did this and there are two dll files so I tested both and neither worked. PowerDirector closed down each time. There was a difference when I went back to the original dll but that quickly reverted to the same error message.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
From your screenshot, you're getting that error message in the Capture module. I have the same webcam & I've NEVER had such an error message.

I couldn't even suggest what the issue might be.

Have you tried reinstalling the Logitech driver for your webcam?

Until this is resolved, you can always just record the video from your C920, then import that into PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!