Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 Venting on Issues
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
I've had PD9 Ultra 64 for about five weeks and have to re-install 3 times (have a PD9 cd from CyberLink) and the problems get progressively worse, that is, each time I use it I have more problems.
Now the worsening progression occurs when I am reaching around the 9 minute mark in the timeline. It's incredible how many starts, stops, black preview screens, lagging response to my click selections: click on a clip, wait for response, click on another clip, wait again, add an effect, it won't play, add the effect next to it and it does play. Finally (many, many times) Windows says PD9 has stopped working and PD9 closes; a generous reply from the CLForum and got rid of the last five edited clips and was able to keep PD9 from closing. Decided to finish this project at the timeline 10 min. mark because the response to my click (selecting a clip) would take from 4 to 12 seconds.
Have always had the problem of selecting a clip and the preview screen shows up black with the crosshair and circle, go back to another clip and that one previous then, go to the one I want to see in the preview screen.....

One very good thing is the CLForum which is very helpful but, even the experienced ones cannot fix the myriad of issues which are compounded by the myriad of PC configurations. This makes me wonder how there are tons and tons of software out there which do work with all those PCs.

The philosophical view is that video editing is still at a developmental stage and that you get a lot for $90.00, albeit, not fully developed and working.

I for one will continue trying for I don't know how long and start looking at other video editing software and their prices.
EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
rcalzadilla, hi -

understand that I am not a "techy". I do get better at it year by year, but I choose to devote my time
more to creating videos, and just hope my tools will carry me along with a minimum of issues.
I go 50% by gut feeling, so let's just hope the more techy people chime in here later.
However,
looking at your dxdiag again, I see I remembered right. You have quite a lot of nero-stuff in your diag.
Do you have, lets say, a multimedia suite from that company on your pc?
Or- have you at this point uninstalled one - or more- programs, and the uninstallment did not wipe out
all the codecs,splitters etc?
Do you have Quicktime- as in Quicktime ( and not related/owned by another program on your pc)?

I have experienced earlier that "stuff" from different programs can get tangeled to the point where
nothing seems to work any more. I had to have a deep house-cleaning.

What you describe is, unfortunately, known issues to many. Some issues we get fixed by cleaning up,
update drivers etc. Some issues will struggle along if we find (the famous) "workarounds".
The blackness of preview window; if you change resolution- it may work. I usually have to change back-and forth
quite often, when preview goes black or get hickups.

Hope you stay with us a bit longer.

Nina

[Thumb - preview.PNG]
 Filename
preview.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
171 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
rcalzadilla

If you have shadow files turned on, try turning them off.

Preferences on the general tab. Enable file processing..... uncheck. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Nina.
I have Nero installed but don't use it so it's getting uninstalled right now.
I do have Quicktime but don't think it's related/owned by another program. I read elsewhere that I should make my default viewer. Should I make it my default?
Have uninstalled and installed PD9 3 times but don't know enough about codecs or splitters being wiped out.
I have my preview at Normal but I'll set at to Low resolution.

Regardless of my venting, I continue to like PD9 and hope there are solutions in the future.

Today I went back to editing and loaded 19 minutes worth of clips unto the timeline in one action then started from the end backwards ( the end was what was giving me a hard time before ) adding effects, titles,etc. Incredibly everything works fast and almost perfectly!

Regards, raul

Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]

Raul,
only, I read "Nero QuickTime(tm) Video Decoder,0x00400000,1,1,NeQTDec.ax,4.11.0003.0001" in your dxdiag...??
This is what I would try...;

After uninstalling the other software/restarting computer
probably some would advice you to re-install PD9 again.... - I'm not sure...
Be sure to get/have a clean Quicktime
(you should not have to set it as default viewer)
I know several here (also I) have the FFD-show (free "codec-pack")

You should NOT have to set your preview to low, your computer should be fine.

Hang in there,
I'm sure more suggestions will come!

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: rcalzadilla

If you have shadow files turned on, try turning them off.

Preferences on the general tab. Enable file processing..... uncheck.

Made sure is turned OFF.
thanks EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
I forgot to mention, on the positive side:
The troublesome, 10 minute video of one of my grandsons was received with rave reviews by the whole family.
It's a learner's video but they were impressed.
Now everybody has requests for more videos.
So all that trouble paid off manifold. EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Raul,
only, I read "Nero QuickTime(tm) Video Decoder,0x00400000,1,1,NeQTDec.ax,4.11.0003.0001" in your dxdiag...??
This is what I would try...;

After uninstalling the other software/restarting computer
probably some would advice you to re-install PD9 again.... - I'm not sure...
Be sure to get/have a clean Quicktime
(you should not have to set it as default viewer)
I know several here (also I) have the FFD-show (free "codec-pack")

You should NOT have to set your preview to low, your computer should be fine.

Hang in there,
I'm sure more suggestions will come!

Nina, why would Nero get into my video editing ? Just trying to learn a little.
thanks
raúl
Nina

Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Nina, why would Nero get into my video editing ? Just trying to learn a little.
thanks
raúl

Nero is a package of Disk burner, audio software, Photo and Video editor, Movie player.

Nero is known to take over your file associations and not release them. Bad for PowerDirector that needs some of the file associations for Video.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.