Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uninstall Reinstall erases Projet ?
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
1-Does uninstall/reinstall erase the present project file?
2-Would installing CODECS (ffdshow) benefit if I only use videos from one AVCHD camera?

thanks
EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
The no brainer to avoid losing projects, I always use import and export folders other than Cyberlinks default. Also not on my C drive either. Easy to do in set up. IE: Export folder = D:\Cyberlink Stuff or C:\"whatever you want to call the folder" if you only have one drive. Import folder = D:\ or C:\ (as I keep everything on my D drive) This is the same for all my software. I never use default folder locations if I get a choice. If you have projects that you must "keep" you can pack project materials to a location of your choice. Then everything for that project is in the same folder. (pds file, pictures, videos, everything) File-export-pack project materials. Back in the old days I packed everything, now days I don't keep anything after I produce the video.

I recommend ffdshow. (plus a couple others) You may want to use various video formats.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2011 10:06

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Further to Bubba's suggestions, all of which are good...

Even if you use the default setting for export location in PD, uninstalling will NOT erase your media or projects. The default location for projects, custom PiPs & titles, produced files, snapshots etc is C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0 - this folder remains intact during uninstall procedures.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Tony...

I did not really know as I have never ever used the default locations.... something I have done since version 4. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
Regardless of my PD9 problems, this forum is fantastic!
Thank you gentlemen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2011 10:58

EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)