Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 Installs in Two Directories?
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
Having re-installed PD9 I have noticed that it is in two places in the Directory:

Where my programs go: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink

and in my Library/Documents: C:\Users\Raul\Documents\CyberLink

Is this how it should be?

thanks

EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
You will have Cyberlink folders in you USER directories. It is normal, a LOT of your software will do that. That's why you do not lose your projects when you uninstall PD and re-install it. As with other programs. That's been around since Windows for workgroups......

Don't get excited about it and DO NOT delete them. Unless you delete Power Director for good.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 14. 2011 15:56

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Where my programs go: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink

Well partially. That directory is typically for 32-bit programs. Your signature says you have 64-bit Win7. CL will put waveditor and photonow there as they are currently 32-bit apps. Powerdirector will install in the C:\Program Files\Cyberlink as it is a 64-bit app. Yes you can hack and do other things if desired, but that is the default location.

Jeff
rcalzadilla [Avatar]
Member Location: South Florida Joined: Apr 13, 2011 18:55 Messages: 107 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you, that gives me an important additional insight. EVGA (132-BL-E758-TR) X58 ATX
Intel i7 920 Quad Core
Win 7 Prof, 64 bit
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 285, 1GB
12GB SDRAM DDR3 1600.
Canon Vixia HF S21 (AVCHD)