Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where would I install the effects to ? I downloaded a free cartoon effect off their site, but I'm unsure of which folder it the files should be extracted to.
Thanks.

Any other Video Plugin Developers you guys know of/recommend ?
Hey guys, I was just curious whether it is possible to add a number of different newblue FX filters to PD10. As of current there are about 7 or so I believe, but from what I understand there are many other effects available by that developer.

If there are more effects I could download, I'd be happy if somebody could send me a link or direct me to the proper website.

Thanks
Glad to report that I determined the source of my black screen interruptions. Turns out that once I disable OpenCL Rendering all the problems go away.

Wish I had given that a try earlier. But, hopefully I can remain clear of technical hitches for now.

Thanks
As some of you know, I have had my share of technical complications using PD10, despite having specs that exceed the recommended requirements. I've uninstalled/reinstalled more than 3 or 4 times, which usually only temporarily resolves any issues I am having with using the program.

So I was just wondering if PD9 is supposed to already be installed on your system when using PD10. I vaguely remember (I think, but I could be wrong) reading that PD9 should be installed when downloading PD10 as an upgrade, which is what I chose to do when I purchased it. A few days ago I did a complete uninstall of all traces of PowerDirector from my machine. After that I reinstalled PD10, which works but only partially. My main problem now is that about half of the effects do not work at all, such that when I add an effect such as old movie to a clip, it makes the entire clip almost all black or flashing black. At this point I have PD10 off my system once again, and I am trying to see whatever else I can do to get it fully working again once I have it reinstalled.

This is why I ask if PD9 must be on the system for PD10 to function as intended. Tips are more than welcome.

*Update: My problems with progress freezing when producing videos has been solved. Just came down to some transitions that I had to delete/reposition.
I was finally able to get the video produced to 100 %. I did this by deleting a transition that was placed at the 76 % mark on the timeline.

HOWEVER, a new problem occurs. When viewing my video, there are a load of glitches that appear in it. On many of the clips, the video starts flashing between a black screen and the video content, in quick intervals. Like a flashing black screen that is fast enough to make you uncomfortable.

Now I need to figure this problem out. Hopefully I am right at the brink of solving all of this entirely.
Once again, unfortunately the video hung at the 76 % mark in production. At this point, I see 1 or possibly 2 final actions to take. The problem would most likely be resolved if I reformat, which is something I have been considering for a little while now. Another option, although I am unsure of this would work, would maybe be to start a new project and simply load all of the content from my current project onto the new project. Does that make sense ? If so, how would I go about doing that ?

By the way, I really want to thank you guys for staying with me on this issue. The level of support on these forums is enough to keep me using this program, because I feel like I can always rely on the advice & assistance of you guys.

So, thank you very much for all this.
OK, so after a forced uninstall of PD10, I went into the registry and deleted the Cyberlink folder in the HKEY_Current Hive. I wanted my computer to be completely rid of this program so I could start anew on re-installing it. A few hours ago I had PD10 & both content packs reinstalled, and produced my video to see if it wouldn't hang again.

I'm still at a stop sign right now, because the production halted at 41 % this time...

However, this is the base build of PD10 without any of the patches added on. I just installed the latest build, so maybe that will help, but I'm not holding my head up yet.

I am about to produce again, now that I have .1424c. I will report back once I have tried again.
Some good news to report: I was able to rid my computer of PD10 by using the forced uninstall feature in Revo Uninstaller Pro. Thank you garioch for mentioning that option. I've had the freeware version of Revo for some time, but realized that the forced uninstall feature is only available in the professional version, so I downloaded a 30 day free trial of it.

I now plan to download PD10 & both content packs.

I will let you guys know how I am progressing.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/21180.page

I have attached a link to a previous thread from January from a different user which pertains to the same issue I am having with PD10. I install it, it works for a little while, then starts performing terribly and crashing and/or not producing fully, rendering it useless.

The OP in that thread mentions that the only way he was able to get rid of PD10 was to eliminate its registry files, whatever that means I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out on my own right now....

To be honest, I'm on my last leg with this program. If this problem keeps up I am going to ask for a refund and completely abandon this program, because it performs on an absolutely unacceptable level.
The CLCleaner .exe files I downloaded for PD10 Content Packs I & II also open up as .txt files.

At this point PowerDirector 10 is basically useless for me. I've never had it this bad before, let alone the previous versions of PowerDirector that I have used over the years.

As logic would go, by now I would have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, and subsequently my problems would have been fixed, as has been in the past. But now, the absolute worst has done a bodyslam on me, because I can't even get rid of the damn program on my computer. I have used over 4 uninstallers now to try to scrape PD10 from my hard drive, and all of them have failed.

My only other choice would be to reformat, but I'd rather not go through with all that right now considering that this is the only program on my computer that is really disgusting me with problems....
Downloaded the files again and no difference; still .txt files. Oddly, I can still use PD10 now even after deleting it from my disk via revo cleaner/windows uninstaller. Cyberlink PD10 no longer shows up on the list of these uninstallers.

It's becoming very tangled with this program for me. It's still usable but "not on my disk", still stops at 76 % when producing, and whatnot. I remember having a very similar issue before whereas I could not seem to get rid of PD10, but I eventually did get to uninstall/reinstall it. I guess I will go with that route of action again.
This is the text file for PD10.
So if it does that, how come when I open the .exe all I see is a .txt file ? I would imagine there would need to be some protocol to overwrite the program.
Let me reiterate that as of right now, none of the uninstallers are working for me with regards to getting rid of this program. CLCleaner hasn't gotten me anywhere, the built-in windows uninstaller isn't doing anything, and neither is revo cleaner. And I am not willing to try a different uninstaller, as that would be beside the point...

I can uninstall anything else without a hiccup, but PowerDirector is giving me such a damn hassle that I may stop using it if it keeps this up.
Now I'm being crushed by an additional problem with PD10. I can't get the program uninstalled ! After trying to uninstall it through the control panel AND Revo Cleaner, a message keeps popping up asking if I want to proceed with uninstalling PD10. Once I select yes, the same message reappears 5 seconds after.

This program is driving me up the wall ! On one hand I like using PD10 for the features, but on the other hand I'm really losing hold of my patience.

Please help if you can.
After having cleared up more space (now at 75 GB), and retrying to produce my video, it got stuck at 66 %. At this point I've decided to reinstall/uninstall PD10. However, I am having trouble uninstalling it from the control panel for odd reasons, as the pop-up message asking me if I want to uninstall PD10 keeps reappearing.

Therefore, I downloaded the .zip files for CLCleaner of the PD10 program and both content packs. However, after unzipping them to a folder on my desktop, and opening each of the .exe files, they all open up to a .txt file. Nothing else happens, so I am at a dead end. It doesn't allow me to attach .exe files, so right now I am unsure of how to get these files attached to this forum.

Help would be great.

Thanks
I've cleared up quite a bit of space, from 29 GB to now 65 GB remaining of free space. I just don't understand why the program needs at least 100 GB or such large storage sizes if the program itself and the videos I produce are not nearly the large. I mean, at this point I have the program installed with all features and whatnot, with 65 gigs left. Why would I need so much more space just to have a video successfully produce, when in & of itself it doesn't need that much ?

I'm also looking for the uninstaller CLCleaner but I can't seem to locate a standard download site for it. When I google it some results show but none are an official site for it....could someone post a link to the actual application download ?

And is CLCleaner (Cyberlink Cleaner ?) meant only for Cyberlink programs or is it useful for removing all other programs like with Revo cleaner ?
Thanks for your input. I am aware that I am running low on free space and so I will try clearing up some more space....but from what I understand I still have more than enough enough space for a video to be produced, even though I am low on space. Currently I have 29.6 GB available, so I don't see how this would interfere with having a video produced as the video occupies no more than 1 GB in space.

Maybe I'm not seeing something, but if you could clarify my question things might be easier for me to work with.
Here is a zip file with the 32 & 64 bit dxdiag .txt files.
Go to: