Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When Producing Video, Progress Always Stays Stuck at 76 %
[Post New]
Maybe some of you have had an issue like this before and can provide some useful feedback. I have been working on the same video for about 2 weeks now, and have started producing it to see how it looks as a final product, in mpeg-4. The first time I produced the video, there were no problems encountered and it rendered the video in a relatively fast manner. However, over the past few days I have tried producing it again and each time i have tried doing this it progresses smoothly until it hits 76 %, where it comes to a halt. The last 3 times that I have tried producing my video the same problem has been occurring. All I did between the first time it was produced (successfully) and the other times was add/edit some clips; Doing what anyone who uses PD10 does. Therefore, I am unsure of why this is.

This same kind of issue has happened before with PD10 a few months back, and the only way I was able to resolve it was by re-installing the program. Re-installing usually fixes the problem that forces me to uninstall in the first place, but really only temporarily. There is always something wrong that pops up before not long.

I would like to know if any of you have some suggestions that might get my producing to entirely work as it should. Also, I am not willing to submit a ticket to customer support because I have found them unhelpful....they advise me to try things I have already done.

I am going to try producing it in a different format, such as .mpeg-2 or .wmv. However, the last time this issue occurred I remember that switching video formats didn't solve the issue.
[Post New]
Let me also note that my laptop if more than capable of handling this program, as I have been using it since PD8 on this machine. I have produced a number of videos successfully since I began using PowerDirector. If this were not so, I would have stopped using this program a long time ago.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Are you burning or rendering?

If all of your drivers are updated, try lowering your burn speed a notch or two if burning.... PD10 is not a PD8 upgrade...

Turn off SVRT or hardware acceleration if they are used to see if it helps. I do not use either...

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the volunteer forum of video editors just like yourself

I think at sometime or another most editors have come across this problem

What is at the 76% mark in your project timeline? A transition, effect, unusual video/audio file??

Note: PD doesn't show the time in percentage so you will have to work out the approx area of the 76% ie project length 50mins, so 50 x 76% = 38 or 38mins.

If there is something there (transition, effect, rogue/audio video file) remove it and try again.

What drive is your produced file 'going to'?

It is best to produce to C drive when PD 'lives'. (If PD is installed on an external drive re-install on C Drive and ensure ALL source files are on the same drive preferably in the same folder)

Is there a virus software performing a scheduled file scan or a Windows update occuring?

Turn off virus software scanning and Windows updates as this uses a lot of resources.

Is a hard drive going to sleep?

Check power supply management plan in Windows settings

Try splitting project in two and producing a smaller produced file and then 'sticking' these two files together and re-producing.

If this doesn't work please post your dxdiag file as per instructions at start of the forum

Let us know how you go

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 05. 2012 00:23

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
I'm rendering. I turned off hardware encoding, so I'll see if that helps.
[Post New]
Thanks for the tips. I did the calculation (232.2 seconds X .76) which is at about 2:54 on the timeline. I had a cross transition in that time slot, so I just got rid of it.

I will try this again now with both of your advice.

[Post New]
Well, I have by now tried producing again twice, both to which stalled at 76 %. The first attempt was another MPEG-4, with a cross transition eliminated at the 2:54 mark on the timeline (see previous post). The most recent try was a .MOV with no hardware encoding or SVRT, and it still stops at 76 %. At this point I am thinking of just reinstalling PD10 as I have been telling a bunch of people about this new video I have made, but of course I can't get the darn thing produced.

Any more advice is appreciated.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew

For the members to assist you more can you please provide a dxdiag file as per Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

[Post New]
Here is a zip file with the 32 & 64 bit dxdiag .txt files.
 Filename
Andrew90DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
406 time(s)
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Andrew90: Thank you for your dxdiag file. What strikes me is the lack of free space on your C:\ and D:\ drives: 30 GB and 10 GB respectively. Check this URL for PD10 requirements: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/requirements_en_CA.html

I would try clearing space on C:\. Use CCleaner, which is free (just Google it) or Revo or even Windows to delete temporary files and other junk. If transitions aren't causing the issue, and they have for me with poor quality VHS converted video, then the lack of free space may indicate that PD10 is running out of space when generating its temporary files during production or burning.

Hope this helps and let us know how you make out. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Thanks for your input. I am aware that I am running low on free space and so I will try clearing up some more space....but from what I understand I still have more than enough enough space for a video to be produced, even though I am low on space. Currently I have 29.6 GB available, so I don't see how this would interfere with having a video produced as the video occupies no more than 1 GB in space.

Maybe I'm not seeing something, but if you could clarify my question things might be easier for me to work with.
[Post New]
I'm also looking for the uninstaller CLCleaner but I can't seem to locate a standard download site for it. When I google it some results show but none are an official site for it....could someone post a link to the actual application download ?

And is CLCleaner (Cyberlink Cleaner ?) meant only for Cyberlink programs or is it useful for removing all other programs like with Revo cleaner ?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm also looking for the uninstaller CLCleaner... ...could someone post a link to the actual application download ?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/20744.page#109961

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
CubbyHouseFilms
[Post New]
Hi

The CLCleaner tool is used when you perform an uninstall of the PD10 program. It 'cleans' all the little bit and 'tricks' your OS into believing traces are not there.

I would strongly recommend that you free up as much space as you can on your C drive as per Phil (garioch7) thread.

Somewhere on this forum was quite a lively debate into the space requirements PD needs to 'stretch it's legs'.

I think the end result was 'as much as possible', some members said at least 100GB of free space was needed.

Let us know how you go when you have more space on your C drive : Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel

[Post New]
I've cleared up quite a bit of space, from 29 GB to now 65 GB remaining of free space. I just don't understand why the program needs at least 100 GB or such large storage sizes if the program itself and the videos I produce are not nearly the large. I mean, at this point I have the program installed with all features and whatnot, with 65 gigs left. Why would I need so much more space just to have a video successfully produce, when in & of itself it doesn't need that much ?

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
CCleaner site
http://www.piriform.com/ OR http://www.piriform.com/download
The latest version is v3.17.1689
Release date: 27 Mar 2012

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

[Post New]
After having cleared up more space (now at 75 GB), and retrying to produce my video, it got stuck at 66 %. At this point I've decided to reinstall/uninstall PD10. However, I am having trouble uninstalling it from the control panel for odd reasons, as the pop-up message asking me if I want to uninstall PD10 keeps reappearing.

Therefore, I downloaded the .zip files for CLCleaner of the PD10 program and both content packs. However, after unzipping them to a folder on my desktop, and opening each of the .exe files, they all open up to a .txt file. Nothing else happens, so I am at a dead end. It doesn't allow me to attach .exe files, so right now I am unsure of how to get these files attached to this forum.

Help would be great.

Thanks
[Post New]
Now I'm being crushed by an additional problem with PD10. I can't get the program uninstalled ! After trying to uninstall it through the control panel AND Revo Cleaner, a message keeps popping up asking if I want to proceed with uninstalling PD10. Once I select yes, the same message reappears 5 seconds after.

This program is driving me up the wall ! On one hand I like using PD10 for the features, but on the other hand I'm really losing hold of my patience.

Please help if you can.
[Post New]
Let me reiterate that as of right now, none of the uninstallers are working for me with regards to getting rid of this program. CLCleaner hasn't gotten me anywhere, the built-in windows uninstaller isn't doing anything, and neither is revo cleaner. And I am not willing to try a different uninstaller, as that would be beside the point...

I can uninstall anything else without a hiccup, but PowerDirector is giving me such a damn hassle that I may stop using it if it keeps this up.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Just so you know, CLCleaner does NOT uninstall anything. On the site that you downloaded from it says "This tool designed to "fool" your PC and allow an overwrite of PD without needing to uninstall. Suitable for PD10." I think the tool simply modifies some CL registry entries perhaps that make the PD installer think nothing is currently installed on your system so it will proceed with installation again.

Jeff