Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Launch Rich Video Message on start-up
CrashEd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2011 07:55 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've just purchased the full PD 10 Ultra and installed it on my PC. I've also applied the latest patch and content pack, however I'm getting a message on start-up saying 'Launch Rich Video. Rich Video is not installed on your PC. Click ok to install Rich Video'. I click ok and PD launches fine. I can use PD without any issues, however I was just curious as to why this message is being displayed?

I tried running PD as Administrator but it made no difference (thought it might be a UAC issue...)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2011 05:54

[Post New]
I get the same message. Have for weeks now. A reinstall will fix it I believe but haven't done it on my end yet.
CrashEd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2011 07:55 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, good to here it's not just me!

It's no biggy to re-install, but is there any other work-around?

Also, if I were to reinstall, do I need to un-register the software at all before doing so? I imagine we only get a limited number of installs?
achilles heal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2011 22:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I've been having this same issue for weeks now as well. Was there any resolution found other than a complete reinstall?
[Post New]
Nope. No workaround. And I STILL haven't done a reinstall. Waiting to finish a long project first.
TomRoger [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: Dec 18, 2010 18:55 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Go to Start Menu > Run
Type in "services.msc" and press ENTER

Locate "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)" from the list of local services.
Right click and choose properties
Switch the startup type to "disabled" and OK. (Stop it now if you want)

Close and reboot.

My Camera:
Sony CX570E
PC:
ASUS P6X58D-E
I7 950
12 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX460
Win 8 Pro 64 bit
Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 240GB 2.5 "System"
Western Digital Caviar® Black 1TB "Storage"
2 X Western Digital Elements 1TB "Backup"
organerito [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2012 06:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have the same problem. I have already re-installed twice.
Does anyone know how to de-authorize PowerDirector?

I hope it gets fixed soon. It is very annoying.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'd launch the windows process "Services.exe" from the start run command (requires UAC admin), find the service name "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)" and double click it. Make sure the "Startup type" is automatic and if Service status is not started, click the start button to start the service. At the next launch, the service should start automatically. Maybe that will correct the issue of RichVideo not running when PD is launched.

Quote: Does anyone know how to de-authorize PowerDirector?

Don't know what you mean, please explain a little more.

Jeff
achilles heal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2011 22:47 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I like this idea of having this service running because I expect there's a reason for it to be installed. Note that on my system (being a x64 Windows 7 OS) it's named Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service (CRVS).

However, when I tried to start it I received a dialog with the following information:

"Windows could not start the Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS) service on Local Computer.

Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

The file referenced for the service is supposed to be:
C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\Shared files\RichVideo64.exe

But that file isn't in that referenced directory nor anywhere else on my hard drive.

What next?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25. 2012 20:04

organerito [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I'd launch the windows process "Services.exe" from the start run command (requires UAC admin), find the service name "Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS)" and double click it. Make sure the "Startup type" is automatic and if Service status is not started, click the start button to start the service. At the next launch, the service should start automatically. Maybe that will correct the issue of RichVideo not running when PD is launched.

Quote: Does anyone know how to de-authorize PowerDirector?

Don't know what you mean, please explain a little more.

Jeff

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I meant to "deactivate", "unregister" PowerDirector.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Richvideo is part of the basic PD install. It apparently didn't get installed correctly. You could install just the richvideo component but who knows if that's all that was missed during the intial install. Because of that, I'd do a full reinstall to correct.

Jeff
organerito [Avatar]
[Post New]
The "Cyberlink RichVideo64 service (CRVS)" service is on automatic. I still get the RichVideo message to install whenever I launch PowerDirector.

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The "Cyberlink RichVideo64 service (CRVS)" service is on automatic. I still get the RichVideo message to install whenever I launch PowerDirector.

What was the status of the service when you looked, was it Started? I'll bet it was Stopped hence the need to start it when PD launched. Before you launch PD next time first make sure the service has the status of started. If PD then loads correctly the issue has been narrowed.

Jeff
AndySA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2011 14:39 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here. My setting is Automatic and Started. But I still get the launch richvideo command.
Not for the first few weeks, just suddenly, so maybe it has to do something with a W7 update. Not the 1st time an update from Microsoft has hampered 3rd party progs.
RJW-AUS-1950 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 01, 2010 08:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I also having the same problem...I am running Win 7 X64, have installed latest fixes for Powerdirector 10 (CyberLink.1129b_GM3_Patch_VDE111213-07.exe), and checked that the service RichVideo64 is started and set to auto. ... but the problem persists.. every time I start powerdirector I get the rich video message... Richard W - Australia
RJW-AUS-1950 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is no one answering this issue? I need to get this fixed ..thanks Richard W - Australia
bryanhiggs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 16:04 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I, too, am seeing this, using PowerDirector 10 on Windows 7 64 bit.

(PowerDirector Ultra 10.0.0.1129b)

I'm attaching an image of the message box that comes up every time I run PowerDirector. In other words, it's not a one-time thing.

I checked, and the Cyberlink RichVideo 64 service is present, started, and set to autostart.

This is annoying, and worrisome that things might not actually be working properly.

[Thumb - RichVideoMessageBox.png]
 Filename
RichVideoMessageBox.png
[Disk]
 Description
Rich Video Message Box
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
841 time(s)
[Post New]
Having the same issue. Tried what was advised in this thread, but didn't fix it. I guess a re-install will have to happen.
RJW-AUS-1950 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm really surprised that NO ONE from the Cyberlink team has showed any interest in our problem!!!!!

The problem does not happen with V9 on win 7 64bit... only with V10...and we all payed MONEY to purchase it!....

Is ANYONE from Cyberlink going to investigate this issue? Richard W - Australia
bryanhiggs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 01, 2011 16:04 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Actually, I have both V9 and V10 on my Windows 7 machine, and inadvertently started up V9 a while ago. It *did* have the same Rich Text dialog problem, too.

Whatever that might mean...