Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD10 Functioning Erratically. Always a problem.
[Post New]
Hey all,

I've started to use PD10 again as I am in the works of creating a video. When I first began the project and had relatively little data to work with, I didn't have a single issue. Now, I am less than 1.5 minutes into making this video and I am already dealing with a host of issues that are very arbitrary & frustrating.

First, I am STILL finding that whenever I try having two video clips placed at the same times on the timeline, only 1 of the clips actually plays. As an example, I have a clip of a Tornado and a clip of a ravaged town both set to play from 0:50 to 1:00 on the timeline. After adjusting the opacity of the clips properly so that both can be seen, only the Tornado clip displays. The other one goes completely dark. I'm relatively knowledgeable with this program as I've been using PowerDirector for well over a year.

The other problem I can't seem to resolve is with effects not showing up at all on a video clip after assigning them to that clip. Earlier during my work on this video I did not have this issue. Now, when I go back to a clip, it is as if it had not yet been altered in any way. Strangely, I can go back into the effects panel for that clip and they are all still checked and 'active'. Meanwhile, some other clips work fine with the effects applied as usual.

These complications are incredibly frustrating to me....I have not been able to fix the first issue with the 2 coinciding clips, or PiP, since installing Version 10 when it came out months ago. I have the latest updates, and have uninstalled/reinstalled PD10 3 times already, to no avail.

A final thing to note is that whenever I choose PD10 to launch it, a message always appears stating that RichVideo is not installed. After clicking OK (to install it), PowerDirector then opens as usual. How could I actually fix this ?
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Have you updated latest directX .
Here is the link
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

My 2 cents PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

[Post New]
I already checked and do have the latest version of DirectX. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I've decided to contact technical support and just wrote to them a well-written message about my issue. I will provide an update to this thread if the problem gets resolved.