Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
for some reason i have no audio in PD15 i have made no changes, when i drag my clip to the timeline the speaker under the preview window gets a slash through it, i hover over it and it says adjust volume but does nothing, it has worked fine in the past when i did use PD. if i click on the audio track and select edit in audiodirector the sound plays in audiodirector but nothing in PD. any ideas? thanks
hope this post is ok, im going to get a new laptop tomorrow, is there a way to install PD15 if i have the box set, to install on a SSD laptop? thanks
thanks for the links, i really want to stay away from SSD i need dvd/cd drive to load programs and to burn disks, maybe i need to look at desktops? its a real bumber that powerderector needs so much to even function.. i have used others in the past with no probems,
Quote ...

was woundering if you could tell me if im able to use PD15 with my current laptop

Aspire E15

intel core i5-6200u 2.3GHz with turbo boost up to 2.8GHZ

Intel HD graphics 520, up to 2112 MB dynamic video memory

12GB DDR4

1000GB HDD

do you see this being able to run PD15? thanks for any info

well, you can edit SD(640x480 or 720x480) and maybe HD(1280x720) resolution...

avoid at all cost U or M suffix intel cpus for video editing.

go to -> http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

my recommendation is cpu ≥ 8000 & gpu ≥ 5000 & 16GB/RAM...

your cpu is rated 3941.

even though it's rated for playing games but it gives good idea where you're going to

be on the frustration graph...

for practice look-up my cpus & gpus rating. for me it takes render with fx-8370e(7756) & gtx950 2GB

10minutes 4K@176Mb/sec videos takes one hour with PD14.

my laptop and desktop is about same.

my six years old dell xps is faster than your acer.

by the way, look-up AIS i7-7700K...

Quote I'm busy upgrading my desktop to the new Kaby Lake
i7-7700K plus an Asus Z270-A m/board. It's Intel's fastest i7 so far and
overclocks easily to around 5ghz...Al

GIGOTS!

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

thanks for the help i thought it might be my laptop, im looking at a HP i7700HQ quadcore with GTX1050 comes with 8gb ram but can add more, this should atleast get me moving shouldnt it? thanks again
Quote I, too have a GTX 960 4GB but also use quick sync so will switch between GPUs.

If I have it right from reading this forum, the only way to switch between GPU's for PD is in the 'BIOS'?

At the moment I use Device manager. Once I get my new PC with two monitors I'll run some tests but both can be used with PDR.

was woundering if you could tell me if im able to use PD15 with my current laptop

Aspire E15

intel core i5-6200u 2.3GHz with turbo boost up to 2.8GHZ

Intel HD graphics 520, up to 2112 MB dynamic video memory

12GB DDR4

1000GB HDD

do you see this being able to run PD15? thanks for any info
i downloaded magic+pd then i saw i need to download this Mega pack? when i go there it says to download drivers? is this correct?
im able to edit the clips, but its not very clear, the only reason the celarity bothers me is it makes color correcting almost imposible, i aslo noticed when i go to produce and click inteleget svt it never gives me options? pretty sure the clips im loading to PD15 are mp4. any suggestions?
thanks guys, i will just use the shadow files in PD15 then
ok i got it, thanks for the help! i will try it this way
Quote In Preferences under the General tab place a checkmark in Enable HD Shadow files.
Bring your video clips into the project library and you will see yellow arrows on the HD clips.
Wait until ALL those arrow turn green, this indicates the shadow/proxy files have finished generating.
You can now edit using proxy files, just drag and drop from the Library, PD has secretly quietly replaced your clips with lo-res proxies. When you produce your project PD will know to use the real files on it's own, and your resulting media file will be created from the real originals.

Sorry. Yes i have seen the other post i was unsure if creating your own prxy files had any benifit

thank you, I think i might have not asked the right question, i have seen you cand take a 4k clip and convert it to another format like avi import that edit it then close Powerdirector and some how swap the clips? does that make sense? thanks

You have already seen my response to ShakerAwaiting on this thread http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51047.page. All three methods, whichever you decide to use, involve the use of proxy files.

Shadow files are proxy

Magic+PD files create proxy files.

The substitution method creates proxy files

PROXY just means to use something else in place of something

In this case by creating proxy files you take huge files and replace them with smaller easier to handle files, when you are done editing, depending on the method you chose, the files are replaced with the originals for production

Hi cincydroneboy.

The only way to find out what is good for you in terms of time and easibility is to try each method. You don't have to try them with whole projects, just take, say, 5 minute, 4K clip, and see which is the most efficient for your particular need.

But you must remember to perform exactly the same editing on each clip if you are to get a fair comparison,

I do not have any arrows that show. Do you mind posting a screen shot. Thanks for your time
Quote In Preferences under the General tab place a checkmark in Enable HD Shadow files.
Bring your video clips into the project library and you will see yellow arrows on the HD clips.
Wait until ALL those arrow turn green, this indicates the shadow/proxy files have finished generating.
You can now edit using proxy files, just drag and drop from the Library, PD has secretly quietly replaced your clips with lo-res proxies. When you produce your project PD will know to use the real files on it's own, and your resulting media file will be created from the real originals.

Sorry. Yes i have seen the other post i was unsure if creating your own prxy files had any benifit

thank you, I think i might have not asked the right question, i have seen you cand take a 4k clip and convert it to another format like avi import that edit it then close Powerdirector and some how swap the clips? does that make sense? thanks

You have already seen my response to ShakerAwaiting on this thread http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51047.page. All three methods, whichever you decide to use, involve the use of proxy files.

Shadow files are proxy

Magic+PD files create proxy files.

The substitution method creates proxy files

PROXY just means to use something else in place of something

In this case by creating proxy files you take huge files and replace them with smaller easier to handle files, when you are done editing, depending on the method you chose, the files are replaced with the originals for production
Quote Just to add to my earlier notes. Using my circa 2009 I5, I'm about 8 minutes through an edit of underwater footage that will probably end up in a 12-15 minute video. Primarily using 1080p @60fps as input. I've done a lot of colour correction, using about 8 tracks as well as a few enhancement features and power tools. PD 15 has hardly missed a beat since I turned off hardware acceleration. I've had a couple of freezes but I save constantly, so no real issue. I'll upgrade to a more powerful machine at some point but so far, I have no compelling reason to do so. Very impressed with the product at the moment.

are you able to get these results using your original clips?
Quote Yes, still kicking.

PD has bee inproved since that post. I now use PD14, one of the updates doubled the speed of Shadow File creation, so while it is a pain it does make editing of 4K possible.

Eugene

thanks! i am using PD15 is using shadow files just as fast as using a coverted clip to avi and doing the swaping out?

is anyone able to explane how to edit using proxy? in PD15 thanks
hello are you still around? i need some help with this. thanks

Quote Hi Eugene -

I've come across the same problem with generating shadow files, only in testing. There was one clip - 4K H.265 HEVC - that was still not finished generating after 24 hours so I aborted the mission. There's a little process I've applied successfully that may (or may not) help you. It can be applied in many circumstances. In your case, it completely bypasses PDR's shadow file generation.

This explanation of this substitution procedure probably needs a screen capture, but I'll give it a shot:

1. You have a working folder [F1] containing your 4K clips named (say) 000.mp4, 001.mp4, 002.mp4 etc - don't open PDR yet

2. Use Format Factory to convert all your 4K clips - (edit) or render in PDR - to (say) 720p & place the converted files in a separate folder [F2]

3. Rename the converted files 000.mp4, 001.mp4, 002.mp4 etc so the naming protocol exactly matches your originals

4. Open PDR & import the 720p clips - go ahead and do all the editing you need to do adding whatever extra photos audio you want.

5. Save the project and close PDR

6. (while PDR's not watching) Replace the 720p clips in [F2] with the original 4K clips in [F1]

7. Reopen the project and produce.

That sort of replicates the shadow file process and speeds up the works by using a file converter first. It relies completely on being able to rename the original & converted files to match.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. If the weather clears here, the new Sony FDR-X1000V is going for its first ride with me today. laughing
I downloaded magic+PD saved a avi loaded it to Powerdirector, it is slower and more choppy than when i dont use it and it has a water mark?
Im not sure why PD will not run on your laptop, it seems it should run great with those specs!
my cpu only runs 45-65% and have a much slower laptop than he does, im a little confused, im kind of having second thoughts on getting a better laptop if powerdirector will not run any better on it..
at first i was having problems, but have done some things to make it work smoother, i can check later and let you know what i changed, maybe it will help ya.
Go to: