Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yep, let your voices be heard- contact Cyberlink tech support directly.

I already submitted this, see Issue # 3 here in this compilation: http://youtu.be/IVyJyIqnOPU

Rob
Quote: Xerox, I don't think Rob1492 is having any playback problems; it's me. I tried applying the ColorFast effect to both the effects track and the clip track, and get the same choppy playback. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver (dated 5/12/2013, clean install).

Preview/Playback window can be choppy at times depending on effects.

Does it look smooth when you Produce a video file?
Quote:
Quote: It's in there listed under "Visual" effects as IDS_DSP_Vi_NEWBLUE_...

You won't be able to use the effect like it is. You can't tell which parameter is which as they all begin IDS_Vi_Param_NEWBLUE_C

I had this problem.
Emailed support and had an almost instant reply.
They sent a new xml file. Copied it to the plug-in directory and it works fine.

I'm fairly impressed with Colofast after playing with it last night. Lacking is curves and other visual levels but that's more a PD lack than Colofast - those features are available with other apps Colorfast supports.

I'd be tempted to buy it but, for a while at least, will wait and see if we get a "better" ColorDirector.
Love the mask in Colorfast once you learn to change the shape of it.

wjr002,

Can you link that XML here so we can have a look?
thanks.
Hey Mark,

Poor mans image stabilizer- grab a gurney or hospital cart and place your camera on it... now just roll through the hallways.
I would like to do that myself .. haha.

Anyway, what Halcon said sounds good.

You can also use a text boxes and add effects to them, like roll up, slide and so on and position it in the upper right where you need them. (Unless I am missing what you are trying to do.)

Rob
Haven't looked at your other thread.

Burning to disc is a CPU intensive task.
Producing video before burning is also CPU intensive.

Your GPU would not be taxed when burning to a disc.
Hardware acceleration (the one enabled in settings) is only used to speed up preview/render
In Produce the two Fast video rendering technology options would use both CPU & GPU.

In other words- your CPU does most of the work.

Rob
I don't see why not.
As long as you have your keys. The software isn't tied to a specific computer.

Go ahead and uninstall from your current computer and reinstall on your other computer.

Usually the EULA or whatever licensing fine print for software states you can only have one instance of a program on one computer- not multiple ones.

Rob
Bill,

Thank you for doing this.
Too bad the work around doesn't work.

If they need more convincing feel free to send them a link to my video.
I have a different setup than you so it's not system specific or your setup. (Nor is it how we are using the prgm.)
This issue crops up in multiple ways. I usually correct it and carry on- but in longer edits it's extremely irritating.

Rob
Oh my .... Cranston's PD needs a shot of penicillin quick !

Tony, when you click on the "Hide / Display explorer" side arrow looking tab on the left what do you see?
Is your Color Board selected or missing? Can you click on it and redirect it to bring up the Color Board or other directories ?

Rob
Edit: just realized this exact same post / heading was already asked / answer here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28487.page

>snip<

Rob
Try Bandicam - free version has ten minute time limit and watermark- but good enough.

Also check here for more in depth tutorial on Transitions: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28444.page

When you get your screen capture video clip showing what you are trying to do we'll understand more.

Rob

What version of IE are you using?
Do you have IE set as the default Web browser?

Go to the start button / menu in Win 7 or search in Win 8 and type "default" select IE as the default.
Restart computer and try to get PD to recognize the ? function.
Otherwise reinstall IE again or try Chrome / Firefox

Rob
Hi I just did an in depth Tutorial on using the various Transitions as well as timing etc. See link here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28444.page

Rob
An in depth look at using transitions, tips and how to make them more effective.
There are four Video transitions including two Audio transitions:

For Video:
1. Postfix
2. Prefix
3. Cross
4. Overlap

For Audio:
1. Constant Gain
2. Constant Power

This may be confusing for the beginner- but repetition is the key to learning any subject. Once you use and experiment with the transitions a few times it will be easier. So keep at it and happy editing !

Rob
Phil,

I also find SonicFire PRO a very useful addition to PD. (Still want a dedicated plugin though for more expanded features / function.)

I have tried to find any significant difference that this update offers from my current version 5.7 and if it is worth the cost.

Rob
I used to use FRAPS and then switched over to Bandicam since it allows me to fine tune & lower the settings to use less file size.

I find it is always better to start off with a good resolution / file size then edit and produce.
Compressing the video file before or after rendering lessens the final quality.

You can also use PD and select a format that outputs good resolution and quality without the huge file size.
My default rendering format for Youtube is WMV 1270x720/30p (6 Mbps)

Rob
Yangli,

Check your pm.

I am using a Sony Camcorder with the latest version of the Play Memories software. It has two options. (I haven't tried them yet.)

Export Files (back to the camera or other attached device) and
Create Discs (as Data, Blu-ray and also AVCHD option.)

I did a search just now and came up with a prgm called "AVCHD Manager"
Don't know if that will work- but it is an example of software that has a lot of potential in terms of keeping the AVCHD structure to be used on an external HD or backup drive.

Rob
Have you tried just copying your MTS files straight to the SD card?

Then use your Panasonic software or Power Director to see if they read them correctly from the SD card.

Rob
Same here- I always automatically turn off video preview just before rendering.
I would like a setting to disable this. The less the CPU is taxed the better for rendering.

Chip-

Just curious.
Where do you save your file to? Have you tried searching elsewhere on your HD to see if it was backed up to somewhere else for some reason. Use this search util - it is much better and faster that the built in Windows one: http://voidtools.com/

Rob
Those components are good solid picks that can handle anything thrown at it.
If I were building another desktop PC most of those would be what I would use.

For the extra money don't forget a good IPS or equivalent monitor if you do not already have one. (I have an ASUS ProArt 24" price to specs ratio, especially for video editing and other tasks, it was really worth it for me. There are other models from different manufacturers that are as good and better- again depends on budget.)

I have the 660 Ti. Great card, great buy right now price to performance- see my sig for video detail on what I did with it.
It is the quietest graphics card I have ever owned. I have it sitting less than two feet away from me right now and I can't even hear it ! (ASUS ROG brand products motherboard and components are solid picks.)

My laptop's internal GPU is the Intel HD4000 and when traveling I have used it extensively. In a pinch it will do.

You could just try your desktop version of the HD4000- and then get the external GPU like the 660 Ti later on if you are not satisfied. It's up to you. And again just remember it will be your CPU- the Intel i7 that does most of the work with a little help from the GPU. So the CPU is more important.

Also the software you use, no matter from what manufacturer- they all have their "quirks" and issues.
But you sound like you know your way around computers so all it takes is patience, experimentation and asking lots of questions. (Especially on this site- people are very helpful on here.)

Rob
Psy,

Excellent troubleshooting tip.

Maybe add "uninstall Catalyst Control Center" or something like that to your title so when others who have AMD cards do a search on here it pops up even more?

Rob
When CL integrated Audio Director (I use it a lot- really like it,) and Color Director I thought that was a great move. Adds a lot more flexibility. I thought Photo Director would be a good addition for integration too. (Heck gimme full SmartSound SonicFire PRO integration via a plugin and I would be ecstatic !)

As it stands the Paint Designer is too beginner and extremely limited for me. It would take too much time and workaround to get it to do some of the anim and things I want to do.

I always use external prgms and then add them to the timeline of PD. Much quicker.

Paint Designer- good initial concept.
But very lacking otherwise.

Rob
Go to: