Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK - Who has my Color Boards?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I've just opened a new project in PD11 and found the Color Boards cupboard is bare. It's the same with previously saved projects.

PD9 & PD10 still have them but PD11's have gone AWOL, even though they wre there only hours ago.

Come on - fess up...

Seriously - does anyone have any idea how I can get them back without re-installing?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - ColorBoards.png]
 Filename
ColorBoards.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
94 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2013 04:54

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Tony:

That is really rotten news! My colour boards are still reporting for duty. I have searched high and low on my computer, but I can't find where they are stored. Whatever the files are named, they don't turn up in a search of the names that they have in the media library; e.g. 227,205,180.

I am guessing that they are just files like any other and that your PD11 has lost track of where they are located. There is no properties tab in the media library to tell me (or you) what the files are called or where they are located, but surely one of the experts here must know. Certainly CL Tech Support should be able to answer that question.

Just one other suggestion ... sometimes other software can sideswipe PD11 and I have found that a COLD boot miraculously resolves all kinds of mysterious and intractable problems.

Let us know the answer when you find out. Uninstalling and reinstalling is just such a pain. As you recall, I just went through that a month ago when my menu templates were AWOL. Good luck. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Phil -

No - I've done the restart. I've done the cold boot. Still the same.

Apparently, PD's color boards aren't "real" files at all. They're "dynamically generated" (according to someone I trust completely).

Phil - can you post a screen shot of yours? You see, I know exactly what mine look like! Perhaps we have the culprit right here!

Cheers - Tony
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Seriously - does anyone have any idea how I can get them back without re-installing?

Hmm. Don’t have a solid answer Tony.
And, though perhaps not the exact same issue, I do sometimes get this undesired anomaly (as shown below), when opening “my” Color Boards.
As Phil suggested, a reboot does correct and fix the shown CB anomaly I sometimes experience.

[Thumb - My CBs Too.png]
 Filename
My CBs Too.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
340 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 22. 2013 08:09

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Oh my .... Cranston's PD needs a shot of penicillin quick !

Tony, when you click on the "Hide / Display explorer" side arrow looking tab on the left what do you see?
Is your Color Board selected or missing? Can you click on it and redirect it to bring up the Color Board or other directories ?

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
ynotfish
[Post New]
See Cranston! There's something weird going on with the Color Boards, isn't there? Anyway, that rules you out as a suspect - mine don't look like that!

Thanks for your thinking, Rob. I've tried every which way to get them to display, but without luck. You'll see what I have in the attached screen capture.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
ColorBoards.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
732 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
221 time(s)

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What happens if you click on the reset to defaults?

[Thumb - Colorboards.png]
 Filename
Colorboards.png
[Disk]
 Description
Maybe a restore.
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
250 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2013 21:44

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
[Post New]

That's funny Carl. Some one else just sent me a message suggesting I try that. It worked!

Woo Hoo! My Color Boards are back to their previous state.

Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - ColorBoards_Restored.png]
 Filename
ColorBoards_Restored.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
251 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 22. 2013 22:08

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

That's funny Carl. Some one else just sent me a message suggesting I try that. It worked!

Woo Hoo! My Color Boards are back to their previous state.

Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Cheers - Tony

I am very glad it was that simple.

I was curious where the color boards are located also. Turns out as maybe you found out, they are generated on the fly by Powerdirector.

So if the program is OK, then maybe the restore would work.

While I was mucking around in the color boards, I saw a Right click and a Remove. I wandered how you could get the color boards back if you deleted all of them.

Then I remembered you can create new color boards on that drop down, when I clicked on it, I saw the restore to defaults.

Later, Carl
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.