Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
why does a video go back to beginning of the clip
rytis [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 05, 2013 20:52 Messages: 82 Offline
[Post New]
this is so frustrating and annoying, and I am sure others encountered this problem, I've been dealing with it since I started using it, but now I have to ask. every time I trim the video then click play, one of the clips is high lighted, and moves back to beginning of that clip. how can I stop it from doing that??? then I have to look for another minute to go back to where I was. I feel this will make me bald lol
THE MAD CAMERA MAN
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Mar 06, 2012 05:40 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I also find this a problem!! I swear every time it happens.

Other software tends to stay where you were.

Come on Cyberlink make it stay at the point of editing.

I know you can select clip or movie but it does not stay at the point of editing!!!!!
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I also find this a problem!! I swear every time it happens.
Other software tends to stay where you were.

Though it may not quite fulfill your wants, there is a workaround that will enable trimming of a clip (repeatedly) without the marker returning to the beginning of the clip. You can opt to make content-aware corrections ... or not.

On the sequence, right-click the clip and choose EDIT USING CONTENT AWARE EDITING.
Drag the marker to the IN point and click the IN icon. Drag to the end and click the OUT icon. Click on SELECTION.

Now click the selection box (top-right) and see the clip run from your IN to OUT point - which can be adjusted.
When OK is clicked the clip will be placed on the sequence at the marker. (Option such as "overwrite" will be shown.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2013 13:04

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
After I trim/split/ or whatever and the clip I was working on is still highlighted, I just click an empty space in the timeline and the clip unhighlights and the scrubber stays where it is..... hit spacebar and it plays from the scrubber position...

Come on Cyberlink make it stay at the point of editing.

Nice update idea you should send an email to CL and suggest it as they do not ever look in these forums.... and no one here works for them.... I believe it has been one of those wish list things since version 3..... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
We should organize a demonstration to demand it.
THE MAD CAMERA MAN
[Post New]
If we get enough people with the same problem reporting on here, we then could show this is a problem for all.

So come on voice your thoughts on here!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2013 05:41

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A polite nudge on their Facebook page can also be helpful. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, let your voices be heard- contact Cyberlink tech support directly.

I already submitted this, see Issue # 3 here in this compilation: http://youtu.be/IVyJyIqnOPU

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Sliders move around too when editing in the timeline when play is between them and you click on it. It's pain.
Markers can help locate where you wanted to be.
We need a "lock to ..." or similar ability to solve both issues. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
rytis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Sliders move around too when editing in the timeline when play is between them and you click on it. It's pain.
We need a "lock to ..." or similar ability to solve both issues.
Markers is what I am resorted to using too, but it's not a one click procedure either.
THE MAD CAMERA MAN
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Sliders move around too when editing in the timeline when play is between them and you click on it. It's pain.
Markers is what I am resorted to using too, but it's not a one click procedure either.

You are correct, you can place time line markers, which helps, but if you do some alterations to the clips, the markers end up in the wrong place! some sort of locking to the clip position is required as found in other software.
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

You are correct, you can place time line markers, which helps, but if you do some alterations to the clips, the markers end up in the wrong place! some sort of locking to the clip position is required as found in other software.

Good point. I'd never considered or experienced that.

Some sort of lock or setpoint ability to the actual clip would be good.

For me the procedure that annoys me is (adding it here since it is linked to the topic):
Try to clip in Timeline
Left slide is positioned first and ok.
Move right slide up to roughly where I think it should go and move Play slide back from it a bit.
Use Play and frame by frame step forwards and back to find where I want to cut at the right hand side.
Now, when I find that spot if I click on the right slider to move it back to the position I have found where the Play slider is stopped the Play slider instead jumps up to where the right slider was.

If I had a way to lock the Play in that position temporarily it would be much easier.

Now, I can try and find a position I want to cut on the RHS with the Play resting against the RH slider but if I step back a bit I get the same problem.

It makes cropping in the Timeline usually not desirable using the sliders. Much easier to just forget them and cut and then crop without them.
PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.