Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello. I am working on a project where I am recording audio on my iPhone. The miscophone I have at my desk is starting to fail and the sudio is full of static. Up until today, I have been successfully recording on my iphone and editing in Wave Editor to fit the video. Today, however, I recorded a short clip and now the file won't open in Wave Editor. It will open other formats, just not this one any longer. I do not get an error message, just a file not imported message. No reason why. Has something changed in the past week?
I am working in PD 14 on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system and the fade on several titles will not save. I have set it multiple times and it keep reverting back. I have closed PD14 and reopened it and it still will not set the duration. Even when it looks like it is set, in the preview, it still plays according to the setting that PD14 won't let go of. I have attached a short video of what I am trying to save. I've updated the software and it still will not save the correct duration.

Update: I am on a deadline so I just deleted the titles and started over.
Thank you, Jirka.

The software crashed shortly after I posted my question and I just left the office. I had to take a break. But when I opened it, it was gone. It's weird that I could have made it render part of it without even knowing it. But at least I did not lose a lot of work.
Pardon me if this is a silly question, but I am working on adding subtitles to my video. I have to save frequently because of the sudden and unfortunately frequent crashed of PD14. I also have it set to autosave every two minutes. Well, I was adding subtitles and it froze like it was able to crash again. I worriedly waited about 5 minutes before it decided to not crash and start responding again. So I saved it. After it saved, it now has a green section on the timeline. I am not sure how that got there or what to do about it, but it wil only play that section of my video. I am only halfway through with the subtitles so I am not sure what to do to make it play all of the video so I can finish the subtitles.
Does submitting the crash reports when PD14 crashes make a difference? Does anyone read them? I know in the past few weeks, I have sent it about 10 because PD14 keeps crashing and probably will continue to do so based on my recent experience with it.
While I appreciate the suggestions, I have already tried almost all of them. I guess my first post wasn't clear. I have already unlinked the audio and video tracks. That is how I was able to remove the audio clips from the project. Then I right-clicked and saw that Remove track was grayed out. So, as I already said, I tried the remove all empty tracks and nothing happened. All the empty tracks remained.

I have been trying for two days so the program has been closed and opened a couple of times. Sadly, no change.
Ability to hide tracks in the timeline when locked and not intending to make edits. This is not to hide them in the preview as we already have that function.

Ability to lock an element on a timeline instead of having to lock the entire track. Sometimes, there are things on a track that do not need to be moved but other elements still need modifictions.

Ability to split one track at a time.
On my project, I have several camera angles that I synced with audio to line them up. Now that everything is in place, I removed all the audio clips that I do not want to use and left only the best audio track. My furstruation is that the now empty audio tracks from the remaining tracks are still there and if I right click on them to try and remove them, the remove option is grayed out. If I slick on remove all empty tracks, those empty audio tracks remain. Is there not a way to get rid of them?
Using this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YazEBOU5oW0 provided my stevek, I was able to get it lined up. I also went ahead and added the other 15 segments from one camera and auto-synced them as well. Thanks for the information!
Sliding the tracks using the alt+arrow keys still does not line up the audio tracks. For example, before I move anything, Track one is at Track one is at 00;00;25;19.7. Track two at 00;00;25;19.55 or so. I click on track two and press alt+right arrow one time to move track to to the right one frame. When I do that, the sync point is now at 00;00;25;20.55 - further away from sync point that it was before. I want to get track two's sync point to the same as track one, but it will not let me.

I have not tried the multi-cam yet because I thought I had to have four angles. But I am going to try it to see if it would work with just three. Worth a shot at this point.
Hello everyone. I am working on a video for work. I filmed a training session using three angles and now I am working on editing it. In PD14, I have all three on the timeline but the three are not quite lining up perfectly. I stood in front of the camera and slapped my hand with a ruler to mark were to sync the videos. I've tried to sync them but it won't let me adjust it to a midpoint between. I am not sure if I am explaining it correctly. In the timeline, the point where I am trying to line it up falls at different points between 00;00;25;19 and 00;00;25;20. Track one is at 19.7. Track two at 19.55 or so. and Track three at 19.35 or so. Is there not a way that I can line them up right on top of each other? Please see the attached image of the timeline.
Good morning, everyone. I have just updated to PD14 and was practing with the software. I am still relatively new to filmmaking and editing so I could just be missing something. I entered in a subtitle that initally was set to 10 seconds in length. It was set to start at the beginning of the video. When I tried to add a second one, I got the message in the screenshot attached. I increased the duration to 20 seconds but still got the error message when trying to add the second subtitle. So I previwed the video to make sure I was correct in thinking that a 00:00:20:00 duration was in fact 20 seconds - 18 seconds longer than the warning message indicated as the minimum length. Then I changed the duration to 8 seconds. After that, I was able to add a second subtitle.

When I tried to add a third, I got the warning message again. So I did the same thing with the second subtitle that I did with the first - edited it to 20 seconds, then to 8. Still got the warning. I previewed the video. Still got the message. Changed the duration on the second subtitle again, still got the message. I can't seem to find the "pretty please" action that will let me add a third subtitle.

So is this a glitch or am I missing something? It can't be this difficult to add subtitles.
I am working on a training video for work. Our intranet site has a limit on file size. My current video is too large - regardless of what format I save it in or the sizes of the image and sound files I am using. I previously created another video of the same format (MP4) that was twice as long but the file is 146 MB. I don't know how to produce this video so that it is small enough to fit on our intranet.

The original webinar that recorded is only 38.4 MB. How is it possible to edit out some of the video, reduce the background noise in the audio, and replace the video track with jpegs (power point slides saved as jpegs) to produce a file that is 2,049% larger?

I do notice that the edited version is stereo instead of mono, but PowerDirector 13 does not have a mono option for audio that I can find. The last video was the same - mono unedited and stereo edited. It did not have the size balloon like this one. I also notice that the data rate is substantally higher in the edited version, but I don't know were (if) I have any control over that.

I am pretty sure additional information in needed so please feel free to ask.
Thank you! I am very much interested in keeping costs down. I have considered finding a new product but want to keep my costs down. I tried to download Format Factory but Chrome and my antivirus program apparently don't like it. So we are arguing right now. But I do feel better knowing that it wasn't something that I was just overlooking in PD13.

I brought in the version that you provided testing60fps2.mp4 that was converted in Format Factory and it plays correctly in PD13.

Thank you again for taking the time to check into this and verifying what I was seeing. It is always great to have someone double check things in the event something simple is overlooked.

I just checked and I currently do not have MediaEspresso. It was not bundled with my purchase but I know I did not get the biggest package either.
The very first file i saw this in was 30fps. But the quality was poor. So I thought it was the FPS messing it up. That is when I increased it to 60 to see what would happen.

I am not sure why I didn't think to do this in my very first post. Just because the first video was confidential didn't mean that I couldn't reproduce it with something that is not confidential. But I am glad that this shows what is happening much better than I could describe.
Here is what happens in PD13. Using the same video screen capturing software, I opened the video in PD13 and set my screen recording software up to capture the sound from the speakers instead of my mic. This video shows what happens and no matter what I try, I cannot get the video and audio to sync.

Please notice that the audio is correct, as heard in the original video in the previous post. So I am not sure that extracting the audio will help since the video is what is running in fast forward.

I will look into the other programs for file conversion, but I would like to know why this is occuring in PD13 if possible - part curiousity and part I just want to be a better video editor and understand what is happening. I have other projects that will require the use of the vidoe capturing software and I would really like it if I can streamline the process and only use two programs instead of three or more.
I still am getting the faster video play than the audio. I filmed another video as an example and it too does the same thing. If I watch the video prior to loading it in PowerDIrector 13, it plays fine. If I bring it into PD13, in the preview, on the timeline, and in any output file, the video is much faster than the audio.NOTE: I am dyslexic so my typing in the video is not impressive. Please overlook my typos and slow typing speed.
No, I apologize. I tried to be clear but I see where I left out a bit of information. I did try to create the finished product, and it too had the problem. The only one that plays correctly is the one from the initial recording program. FOr some reason, PD13 doesn't keep the video in sync for the preview, in the time line, or in the finished product. I made no edits to the video beyond importing it and creating a MOV file.
Thank you all. I have a lot to learn in this. So your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you all. This is a lot of information that has helped. I have not seen much of a problem with the difference in the short videos that I have been working on, but I have a feeling it will become important once I start my bigger projects.
Go to: