Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
All videos are huge - unable to produce a decent video less than 787MB
[Post New]
I am working on a training video for work. Our intranet site has a limit on file size. My current video is too large - regardless of what format I save it in or the sizes of the image and sound files I am using. I previously created another video of the same format (MP4) that was twice as long but the file is 146 MB. I don't know how to produce this video so that it is small enough to fit on our intranet.

The original webinar that recorded is only 38.4 MB. How is it possible to edit out some of the video, reduce the background noise in the audio, and replace the video track with jpegs (power point slides saved as jpegs) to produce a file that is 2,049% larger?

I do notice that the edited version is stereo instead of mono, but PowerDirector 13 does not have a mono option for audio that I can find. The last video was the same - mono unedited and stereo edited. It did not have the size balloon like this one. I also notice that the data rate is substantally higher in the edited version, but I don't know were (if) I have any control over that.

I am pretty sure additional information in needed so please feel free to ask.
[Thumb - differences in videos.jpg]
 Filename
differences in videos.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshots of file properties
 Filesize
139 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)
Luthien Tinuviel
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
At a glance, your bitrates are double and you are processing an extra 24 frames per second.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure that svrt would work here as the bitrate and the 5 fps is really low. Will check into it later. One things that comes to mind is to produce your PD edited webinar at a high bitrate and at 30 frames per second like you already did. Convert the PD produced file at a low 5 frames per second and low bitrate using a converter. That should do it. There are freeware converters to try. One is Super, another might be handbrake. Users on this forum may know which ones to use.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, your bitrate is actually 20x your original clip even though you produced to a lower resolution (720 vs. the original 1080).

5fps will be an issue, as is the extremely low bitrate of your webinar clip. it's only 0.04Mbps and the lowest MP4 profile I can find is still in the MB range.

Try this: click on the MP4 profile you last produced with, then click on the "+" to create a new profile. IN the Profile setup, change the Video resolution to 1280x720, the Frame rate to 15; the Profile type to Baseline and enter 3000 in the Rate control box, then click OK.

Produce to that and see how small it is.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°