Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resolved - Help syncing multiple videos
[Post New]
Hello everyone. I am working on a video for work. I filmed a training session using three angles and now I am working on editing it. In PD14, I have all three on the timeline but the three are not quite lining up perfectly. I stood in front of the camera and slapped my hand with a ruler to mark were to sync the videos. I've tried to sync them but it won't let me adjust it to a midpoint between. I am not sure if I am explaining it correctly. In the timeline, the point where I am trying to line it up falls at different points between 00;00;25;19 and 00;00;25;20. Track one is at 19.7. Track two at 19.55 or so. and Track three at 19.35 or so. Is there not a way that I can line them up right on top of each other? Please see the attached image of the timeline.
[Thumb - Sync point in training video.png]
 Filename
Sync point in training video.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2016 14:27

Luthien Tinuviel
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Looking at track 1, it appears to have the most time before your sync point, so that's in the correct place.

You can click & drag the second and third track clips to roughly line them up.

Select the second track. Holding down the ALT key while using the left and right arrows will move the clip one frame in either direction.

Do the same with the third track.

I've never use it, but the Multi-Cam feature is supposed to sync things for you. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please watch this and if you have an issue, come back and ask.: MulitCam Designer:

Oops wrong one: Try this:

http://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/184/using-multicam-designer-to-edit-multi-angle-shots ..................Written

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YazEBOU5oW0 ............Video

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 06. 2016 12:04

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Sliding the tracks using the alt+arrow keys still does not line up the audio tracks. For example, before I move anything, Track one is at Track one is at 00;00;25;19.7. Track two at 00;00;25;19.55 or so. I click on track two and press alt+right arrow one time to move track to to the right one frame. When I do that, the sync point is now at 00;00;25;20.55 - further away from sync point that it was before. I want to get track two's sync point to the same as track one, but it will not let me.

I have not tried the multi-cam yet because I thought I had to have four angles. But I am going to try it to see if it would work with just three. Worth a shot at this point. Luthien Tinuviel
[Post New]
Using this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YazEBOU5oW0 provided my stevek, I was able to get it lined up. I also went ahead and added the other 15 segments from one camera and auto-synced them as well. Thanks for the information! Luthien Tinuviel