Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What does a green section on the timeline mean?
[Post New]
Pardon me if this is a silly question, but I am working on adding subtitles to my video. I have to save frequently because of the sudden and unfortunately frequent crashed of PD14. I also have it set to autosave every two minutes. Well, I was adding subtitles and it froze like it was able to crash again. I worriedly waited about 5 minutes before it decided to not crash and start responding again. So I saved it. After it saved, it now has a green section on the timeline. I am not sure how that got there or what to do about it, but it wil only play that section of my video. I am only halfway through with the subtitles so I am not sure what to do to make it play all of the video so I can finish the subtitles.
[Thumb - greenbar on timeline.png]
 Filename
greenbar on timeline.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)
Luthien Tinuviel
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Luthien,

If it's a green bar at the top of the timeline, it indicates the section has been renderred. You normally achieve that by marking a section desired positioning/dragging the yellow markers, which are to the left and right of the timeline slider, and then clicking the Render Preview button, which appears as soon as you have marked a section with the yellow markers.

You may have done that not realizing it. While renderring your computer may appear irresponsive.

Regards…

Jirka
[Post New]
Thank you, Jirka.

The software crashed shortly after I posted my question and I just left the office. I had to take a break. But when I opened it, it was gone. It's weird that I could have made it render part of it without even knowing it. But at least I did not lose a lot of work. Luthien Tinuviel