Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave Editor 2.0.0.5620 won't import m4a file when it did last week
[Post New]
Hello. I am working on a project where I am recording audio on my iPhone. The miscophone I have at my desk is starting to fail and the sudio is full of static. Up until today, I have been successfully recording on my iphone and editing in Wave Editor to fit the video. Today, however, I recorded a short clip and now the file won't open in Wave Editor. It will open other formats, just not this one any longer. I do not get an error message, just a file not imported message. No reason why. Has something changed in the past week? Luthien Tinuviel
Steven70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2015 13:05 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
something happened to me also my polaroid cube video don't work no longer and it's something to do with it's audio also.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What changed on your computers in the last week?

Use Windows Restore to change the computer back to where it was when it worked. I hope you have Restore activated.

Once you get back to where you were, start adding the updates one by one until it breaks again.

I looked and W10 was last updated over a month ago. Check you audio card to see if it as been updated recently. Also check on IPhone updates.

Did you guys check on your Windows settings for audio? It may have changed accidentially.

By the way, clean out your temp files for Wave Editor (and the rest of your computer). Clean them all but you can see what folders are use in Wave Editor preferences.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 31. 2016 14:20

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.