Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for that. However, I may be wrong, but if you copy and paste a clip, will it not appear at the END of the timeline from which you have to slide it all the way back to where you want it, and if you want to use it several times you have to do that over and over?
I have experienced the momentary pause between clips and apparently at the beginning and/or end of transitions, and also apparently with use of PIP clips. And sometimes they have appeared in the burned DVDs, but not always. Sometimes the preview playback is full of these things but the DVD ends up as clean as could be (almost never 100% clean, but close to it. What is most important to me is that the DVD burns clean. Preview smoothness is secondary and not very important if I knew the burn was going to be clean. And I think that the strongest point of an editing program should be the accurateness of frame-by-frame burning in perfect sync. Does that exist?
Is it poss....
My PD6 book says PD can accept HD video and can export to HD DV tape, but it doesnt say if you can edit and then BURN TO DISC (Blue Ray?) I dont have a BlueRay burner yet, but a friend says PD wont even recognize a BlueRay burner in the computer. Anyone know if this is a real problem? Thanks
PD 6- I burned a 16x9 video onto DVD and it played properly on my TVs. Then I deleted the program from my computer. Then I wanted to make more copies, so I captured from the DVD. When the captured clip thumbnail appeared in the "media room" it played properly in the preview window. However, when I dragged the clip into the timeline and then played it, the preview window snapped bigger and the video appeared inside it in 16x9 proportion but with a big black border all around it. WHAT THE HELL! Then when I burned it onto a DVD it showed up on my TVs WITH THE BIG BLACK BORDER AROUND IT! I didn't change any settings or preferences in between all these steps, and the thumbnail in the media window still plays properly. Can anybody make any sense out of that??!! Please let me know if you do, because I am CLIMBING THE WALLS OVER THIS! Thank you.
Yes- I agree. I have never made chapters on a dvd, and when I play one it just starts again automatically after it finishes.
I have PD6- I have been asked to burn a disc or email a video file that is approx 1-2 MB per minute and that is ready to upload to a website for desktop computer and hopefully for mobile phone viewing as well. I don't know how to produce it for those parameters. PD 6 has capability of making AVI, mpeg1, mpeg 2, div x, portable mpeg 4, and avc mpeg 4 files. Would like to do the highest quality possible for such. Help? Thanx.
I have PD6 and encountered a problem early on where in some cases (I dont know why) I cannot set a "handle" on the audio track in the timeline to alter the sound. But I discovered that if I right click on the audio track and pick "return audio to original level" (or whatever it says) I am then able to set and move the handles. This is, of course, is a pain in the ass, but what else can one do? Try it, it might work also in PD7.
Drag the color board (any color) to the beginning of the video and click on "duration" to make it onscreen as long as you want.
Then you can set up a title into the color board and make it stay on as long as you want.
Failed once- I realized I was trying to burn a 4697MB file onto a 4700MB disc in HQ mode.
Corrected and chose to burn the same file in LP mode. The indication was that now it would be a 3670 or so MB file and I thought this would correct the problem.
Well, it didnt! The same error code came up!.
I tried to look in the "Help" menu for the error code. No hint of it anywhere. You would think that at least some error codes would be listed in Help or in the big fat red book I got when I purchased the disc with book.
Can anybody tell me what error e0fd0006 means?
How about you Cyberlink?
Thank you.
Newbie here. Have used PD6 for a few months now. Very satisfied with its capabilities and price of it. One thing that dissapointed me tho. It doesnt seem to have capability to split channels in a stereo recording with 2 separate mics to control each channel individually. Am I right or wrong? I wish wish wish it had this!
BINGO! Absolutely, the downloaded 1731 patch did the trick! Thanks!
Thank you. So if I create a video file in avi and it turns out to be some 15GB large and then I pick "magic fit" to fit into a 4.7GB disc, the book says "....be prepared for a short wait while Power Director RENDERS your movie". Am I understanding it wrong, because this is exactly the way I am burning discs here. (rendering = compressing) no?
Newbie to PD, trying to learn the ropes.
How come for the life of me I cannot create a title choosing a typeface and size from the drop down menus? I've gone round and round and round with it trying to do it and IT JUST WONT DO IT! Can someone help?
Yes, clearer, thanks. So, when I use Nero to burn, the video will still have to be "rendered" by Nero before burning it?

Thank you for that Dafydd- I wish the "big red book" said that.
What my guess is, is that when you make a "DVD folder" you are making it from the ready rendered program, and therefore would take half the time to burn henceforth (just a guess, of course, because the book doesn't say that EITHER). And I thought if I chose to burn from that folder, PD would be actually taking care of it. If one wants to make multiple copies it would save A LOT of time! How accurate am I? And... would Nero be able to handle the folder?
Have PD6 and the red user guide manual- read "Create DVD folder" and created a folder. Now I can't find any instructions on how to burn a disc from the folder. Tried about 50 things but all my guesswork was wrong. Does anybody know where the instructions would be OR how to burn from the DVD folder? Is the info anywhere in the red book???
I tried to create titles with many of the templates but found trouble trying to set the type at different sizes other than what the template has originally. I also could not find a way to create titles from scratch (blank page) etc. I could not work with that aspect as easily as most everything else. Am I missing something?
I cannot find any equalizer controls (bass-treble etc) for the audio track in PD. Are there any?
In PD6 I tried several times to adjust the fade time from an original 00-00-01-10 that came up when I went to that window to 00-00-03-00 which I wanted (3 seconds) and it would not do it. Tried several times, would always automatically revert back to 00-00-01-10. Help?
Go to: