Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to copy a clip from the timeline and set the clip in the media room for multiple use?
Richard1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2007 18:09 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Is it poss....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2010 01:34

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Not as far as I know. You could though just right click and copy the clip, keep it on the clipboard and paste it however many times you like. It will also be there if you open up a new or old project as long as you don't close PD down or copy or cut anything else. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Richard1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2007 18:09 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for that. However, I may be wrong, but if you copy and paste a clip, will it not appear at the END of the timeline from which you have to slide it all the way back to where you want it, and if you want to use it several times you have to do that over and over?
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richzrd1, all you have to do put a split in the timeline at the spot you want to paste the clip, or if you already have a break at that point just paste in there.

The easiest way I have found to get the marker right at the start of a clip is click on the clip, choose preview "clip" not "movie" then hit the stop button. This moves the marker right to the beginning of the clip.

I hope I have explained that properly.

Cheers

Robert 2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn