Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green Screen Video Production Software ?
[Post New]
Although this is not about PD17, I do own it but frequently need this capability.

Do members here have a recommendation for Green Screen production software ? If I Google that term I find many hits on Green Screen usage, but not Green Screen creation.

I would like to be able to take an existing video, normally of a person but often of a slow moving object, and dynamically mask the desired moving area. Then I can color the remaining area to be green. Or blue. And therefore transparent by using PD17 Chroma Key.

ColorDirector has somewhat that capability, but I'm looking for software exclusively designed for Geen Screen creation from an existing video.

Thank you.

Clark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2018 13:33

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
To my knowledge, you create a green screen video by using a green background to photograph or video first.

In Powerdirector you use, chroma key to add you replacement background.

There are several places to purchase a green screen background, search on Google. Lighting is very important, the background must be lighted evenly.

It is possible to use photo editing software to insert a sold green background in an existing photo. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote To my knowledge, you create a green screen video by using a green background to photograph or video first.

In Powerdirector you use, chroma key to add you replacement background.

There are several places to purchase a green screen background, search on Google. Lighting is very important, the background must be lighted evenly.

It is possible to use photo editing software to insert a sold green background in an existing photo.

Thank you for your reply.

However ....

I do already have a physical green screen background in my office. If I were starting a new project with a person talking, I would use that.

Also, it is very simple, with Photoshop and several iPhone apps, to remove the background of a photo, leaving only the desired part., with the rest transparent when saved as a PNG.

There are software methods to create a moving mask of the desired person (or section) in a video. The non-masked portion can then be changed to a specific color (normally green) so that the resulting video is a green-screen video. ColorDirector by Cyberlink has that ability.

I am looking for other software that can do that. I actually read somewhere that Google is considering adding that capability to Google Photos. But not yet.

Thanks,

Clark