Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The truth of problem that editing 4K video on Cyberlink PowerDirector
Reason 1. Do you install the latest Cyberlink PowerDirector version? The older Cyberlink PowerDirector version, such as: 11/12/13/14 which can't support Ultra HD 4K videos because of the ultra high video resolution and the format compatibility.
Reason 2. Make sure your computer is good. Especially you want to get a better 4K video, It will put a strain on your computer, the computer configuration is low and not very high, you may have to slow down and wait the result.
Reason 3. Although Cyberlink PowerDirector can support 4K UltraHD, AVCHD 3D/Progressive, XAVC-S and H.265. Video resolution can up to 4096 X 2160. The different format type, Bitrate, Resolution, FPS, Profile, Frame type,etc factors will effect your 4K video editing in Cyberlink PowerDirector.
Quote So.. I have a supported motherboard with SGX etc and a 4K TV and the Advisor says everything is ok , but I need a supported 4K blurray drive so I can play 4K blurray discs!

Yes I could go out and by a Pioneer BDR-S11J-X/BDR-S11J-BK/BDR-XD06J-UHD but I need a slot loading 4K blurray drive. (as the Pioneer one won't go inside a HTPC as its top loading!)

Reading: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13271422&postcount=108 it says there is:

Logitec LBD-PUD6U3L (external)
Logitec LBD-PVA6UCVBK (external)
Buffalo BRUHD-PU3-BK (external)
LG BU40N (laptop)
LG BU50N (laptop)

But finding the first 3 outside Japan seems impossible and the last 2 I've read they don't support the correct AACS 2.0 etc

SO.. What slimline 4K blurray drives are available and work? I'll buy one today if someone can identify something which is actually available?

Playing 4K video on CyberLink PowerDVD 17 on Computer is easy, you don't need the 4K Blu-ray drive, you can get the digital 4K Blu-ray movies and play tyhe 4K videos on Powerdvd with USB, it's so convernient.
I also only get the information on Wikipedia that Cyberlink PowerDirector can native import and edit XAVC L files.
I happen to find a program called Free Video DVD Converter Ultimate that has the perfect support for 4K XAVC S, it also allows to you compress 4K to 1080p by lowering the output video resolution as 1080p or 720p. The CyberLink PowerDirector 12 Ultra and later version has native support for 4K resoliution video, you don't need to compress 4K to 1080p.
But this method saves the wrong audio track and unwanted track is saved, am I doing something wrong?
Why not try other video editors, both free or paid may help.
Have you tried to reinstall the PD yet? It used to work for me when I did that. And I prefer to compress and trasncode H.265 to H.264 and then add into PD for editing.
Glad to find this post, I am wondering why this happened to my PowerDVD. Is there any way this error message can disappear?
You can also choose a video converter to handle the conversion task to get audio in mov file.
I am looking for the answer to the same question online, but found nothing. Can this be done in current PowerDVD version? Anybody know anything about it?
Same problem happened on my Win 8.1 computer. Frustrating!
I find a post about how to burn video to a dual-layer DVD using Imgburn, you may have a look. Hope this helps you.
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/1780-how-to-write-dvd-video-files-directly-to-double-layer-media-using-imgburn/
I am a newbie here, but what are the differences between Photo Director 6 Ultra and PD13?
Thank you for sharing, I am facing exact same problem on my Win 10 PC. Finally I can use PD on ths new computer now.
I am worried about that. I am gonna upgrade my computer to windows 10, and it is possible that I cannot use PD 11 anymore.
I used to have the trouble, one of my colleague mentioned this may be caused by the compatibility between the new Windows 10 and the Blu-ray player. Upgrade the firmware of your Blu-ray player should be working.
I am having the same trouble here, is there any solution yet?
Quote: Ha Ha....I found the problem....what a suprise it was me!

Once again thank you

How did you make it right? Tried millions of times, it drives me crazy.
It happens to me as well. What's your computer OS? Mine is Windows 10.
WAV is a file format for audio. Wrapper file format that can incorporate an audio bitstream with other data chunks. One common bitstream encoding is LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation). Preservation reformatting projects generally use the one of the Broadcast WAVE variants, WAVE_BWF_1 or WAVE_BWF_2, both standards of the European Broadcast Union.
Go to: