Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD movie in Win 10 are unwatchable
TGMcCallie [Avatar]
Newbie Location: GA USA Joined: May 16, 2012 13:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have owned PowerDVD for some time and prior version worked perfect but BD discs will not play properly in Windows

10 release (This is an actual Microsoft release not beta).

Regular movie DVD will play just fine but BD movie disks will not. They stutter in both image and audio. Some may call it hanging

but what happens is the image will move very slowly and jumps and the sound does the same thing, just like when someone

stutters.

My video card is Asus AMD HD6450 all updates.

Display is HP 2311x

HDMI connection

Has anyone had a simular problem, or know how I can correct this or what may be the probolem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Try turning off all of the TrueTheater "enhancements".
d_mat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2015 19:45 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Try turning off all of the TrueTheater "enhancements".

Yes, this works.

And for me, the video quality is the exact same with TT enhancement turned off.
TGMcCallie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I turned off TT enhancements and now BD movie play just
fine. I do not understand why they have this highly
advertised benefit if it does not work.

Why does it work when it is turned off and not on?

I even sent a support request to Cyberlink tech support and
so far they have not answered me.

Advise please.

Tom
TGMcCallie [Avatar]
[Post New]
d_mat,
Do you have AMD graphic adapter? I need to find out if this
is due to driver needing to be updated by AMD or is it
Cyberlink's software problem.

Thanks
Tom
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
Member Location: US Joined: Nov 08, 2009 14:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]

@ TGMcCallie

When a new OS is coming out with it's initial graphic drivers (regardless AMD or not), it is a software's responsibility to update and get adapted accordingly, especially when this software is advertised as compatible to Windows 10 and it has no limitation in it's system requirements for those owning AMD display adapters. Definitely not AMD's or Microsoft's!!!

Moreover when this particular software (PowerDVD 15) is charging you $100 to buy and absolutely every other, free or not, player on the web has been updated and work fine with these drivers!

@ d_mat

I think I've told you already that there's not difference in the video quality of any player when you play your videos on your computer! You need a big screen HD TV or monitor to see the difference between True Theater Video Enhancements and hardware acceleration only! Sorry but it's hard for me to believe that you can't see the difference in such a case! It's the only reason that made PowerDVD 15 exceptional!

So far considering that I don't see any intention from the side of Cyberlink staff to resolve this very important issue, I invite both of you to the social media for reporting this scam!

No
TGMcCallie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't use social media.

All I need is info from d-mat as to whether his graphic card
was AMD based. Then I will handle with Cyberline and AMD
to get this handled.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
@ TGMcCallie

Please read the other threads in this section (PowerDVD 15) reporting the same issue! Everybody having upgraded to Windows 10 and owning AMD display adapters with it's INITIAL AND ONLY available driver pack version for Windows 10 are facing this issue!

I can assure you that everybody would also be grateful to you if you manage to persuade either Cyberlink or AMD to resolve it, however I strongly doubt it!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2015 17:23

No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: d_mat,
Do you have AMD graphic adapter? I need to find out if this
is due to driver needing to be updated by AMD or is it
Cyberlink's software problem.

Thanks
Tom

Yes, I have an AMD graphics card. I downloaded the Windows 10 driver for my card directly from my laptop manufacturer's website (HP.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2015 18:02

d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
@ TGMcCallie

When a new OS is coming out with it's initial graphic drivers (regardless AMD or not), it is a software's responsibility to update and get adapted accordingly, especially when this software is advertised as compatible to Windows 10 and it has no limitation in it's system requirements for those owning AMD display adapters. Definitely not AMD's or Microsoft's!!!

Moreover when this particular software (PowerDVD 15) is charging you $100 to buy and absolutely every other, free or not, player on the web has been updated and work fine with these drivers!

@ d_mat

I think I've told you already that there's not difference in the video quality of any player when you play your videos on your computer! You need a big screen HD TV or monitor to see the difference between True Theater Video Enhancements and hardware acceleration only! Sorry but it's hard for me to believe that you can't see the difference in such a case! It's the only reason that made PowerDVD 15 exceptional!

So far considering that I don't see any intention from the side of Cyberlink staff to resolve this very important issue, I invite both of you to the social media for reporting this scam!

I'm using a 55 inch Samsung HDTV.

The hardware acceleration option means that the video is decoded by the GPU, and thus it will use the video settings you have enabled inside Catalyst Control Center. You can set the options in CCC to be enabled in supported video players (PowerDVD being one of them.)

All that TT enhancements do is set the brightness/color/sharpness - all of which can be set in CCC.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 17. 2015 18:06

ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]

@ d_mat

That's partially true, meaning that you can enhance the video quality yourself through Catalyst Control Center, considering that PDVD 15 is among the supported video players. I would also advise to enable the "demo mode" option in CCC for even better results!

However you should know that these hardware acceleration enhancements have nothing to do with Cyberlink True Theater Video Enhancements! So far I've never had "hardware acceleration" selected on PDVD 15 options as the difference is-was simply ENORMOUS!!!! Even if I did when True Theater Video Enhancements were selected as well they always by-passed hardware acceleration

Besides you can find many free video players on the web supporting hardware acceleration, no need to pay $100, if you claim that you are still happy with it!

I could assure you though that the majority of PDVD 15 owners facing this issue is not happy at all and that's the reason we feel cheated!!! No
d_mat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
@ d_mat

That's partially true, meaning that you can enhance the video quality yourself through Catalyst Control Center, considering that PDVD 15 is among the supported video players. I would also advise to enable the "demo mode" option in CCC for even better results!

However you should know that these hardware acceleration enhancements have nothing to do with Cyberlink True Theater Video Enhancements! So far I've never had "hardware acceleration" selected on PDVD 15 options as the difference is-was simply ENORMOUS!!!! Even if I did when True Theater Video Enhancements were selected as well they always by-passed hardware acceleration

Besides you can find many free video players on the web supporting hardware acceleration, no need to pay $100, if you claim that you are still happy with it!

I could assure you though that the majority of PDVD 15 owners facing this issue is not happy at all and that's the reason we feel cheated!!!

I know it has nothing to do with TrueTheater enhancements, but all TrueTheater enhancements do is increase sharpness and optimizes the color configuration. You can do all of this in CCC and apply it to video players that support it. In CCC, I have Video Color set to "Theater" and Edge Enhancement set to 70. This replicates the TrueTheater settings I had in PowerDVD pretty well.

I got PowerDVD for free with an external blu ray drive that I purchased. So I didn't have to pay for it. But other free players don't typically play all blu rays and they don't play 3D blu rays at all.
[Post New]
I used to have the trouble, one of my colleague mentioned this may be caused by the compatibility between the new Windows 10 and the Blu-ray player. Upgrade the firmware of your Blu-ray player should be working.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
@ d_mat

I could assure you though that the majority of PDVD 15 owners facing this issue is not happy at all and that's the reason we feel cheated!!!

I know it has nothing to do with TrueTheater enhancements, but all TrueTheater enhancements do is increase sharpness and optimizes the color configuration. You can do all of this in CCC and apply it to video players that support it. In CCC, I have Video Color set to "Theater" and Edge Enhancement set to 70. This replicates the TrueTheater settings I had in PowerDVD pretty well.

I got PowerDVD for free with an external blu ray drive that I purchased. So I didn't have to pay for it. But other free players don't typically play all blu rays and they don't play 3D blu rays at all.

Be sure that if it was this simple to replace or reproduce Cyberlink True Theater HD technology, the ONE AND ONLY REASON that makes PowerDVD 15 as exceptional and costly, nobody would have purchased it!

I dont know if those PowerDVD versions, offered for free together with some hardware you buy, have all the features of those purchased from the original Cyberlink site, but you make me suspect that they don't! It's simply unbelievable to me not being able to see the difference from any kind of enhancement that you managed to create, regardless from AMD or any other brand! As I said I've also tried everything in Catalyst Control Center without even approaching the results that True Theater Enhancements could produce!

Now every (free or not) Blu-ray player that gets updated regularly can play all new BDs! There are a few Blu-ray 3D free players as well. I wouldn't like to name any here but you can google it if you wish.

None could compare to PowerDVD 15 though, the way it was before the afore-mentioned issue!

And that's exactly what I'm struggling to bring back, no matter how.....!!!!! No
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: There are a few Blu-ray 3D free players as well. I wouldn't like to name any here but you can google it if you wish.

I don't believe you, name one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2015 02:56

ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: There are a few Blu-ray 3D free players as well. I wouldn't like to name any here but you can google it if you wish.

If you are incapabe of searching the internet, at least try to be more decent and polite in your replies or you just make a fool of yourself!!!

This is the only and last time I'm responding to morons!

Some free Blu-ray 3D players (naturally having nothing to do with PowerDVD 15 quality) can be found at:

http://potplayer-32bit.en.softonic.com/

http://bino3d.org/index.html

http://download.cnet.com/Daum-PotPlayer/3000-13632_4-75587055.html

Those interested in restoring PowerDVD 15 to it's former status, can contact to me any time!

Hopefully one way or another we'll make it work as before!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2015 04:25

No
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

If you are incapabe of searching the internet, at least try to be more decent and polite in your replies or you just make a fool of yourself!!!

Some free Blu-ray 3D players (naturally having nothing to do with PowerDVD 15 quality) can be found at:

Those interested in restoring PowerDVD 15 to it's former status, can contact to me any time!

No, I think you are wrong as none of your suggestions will play a 3D bluray disc.
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I think you are wrong as none of your suggestions will play a 3D bluray disc.

Wow!!! That was definitely unexpected!!!

It's not my problem if you don't believe also what the above software claim they can do!

Unless you've got some difficulty in understanding English!

If you read some other threads in this section though you'll see that it's PowerDVD 15 not being able to play 3D material after Win 10 and AMD latest driver pack version upgrade! Not even after the beta patch!

Just saying... No
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Try and get any of the software you claimed can play a 3D bluray to work and report back here
ernaniaroldo [Avatar]
[Post New]
The subject of this thread being "BD movie in Win 10 are unwatchable" is unfortunately derailed!

I've never used PDVD 15 to play any kind of Blu-ray (physical) discs as I leave this job to a standalone device connected to the TV, having nothing to do with the computer.

The only reason to use the 3D feature of PDVD 15 is for playing downloaded 3D files when the PC is connected to a 3D TV via HDMI

Unless a PC is equipped with a Blu-ray player, I consider stupid buying one of those external optical Blu-ray drives when you can get a standalone one connected directly to the TV (which is much cheaper).

Thus I strongly believe that any software supporting any kind of Blu-ray (physical) disc playback is simply nonsense!

Now speaking about playback of ripped BDs in either file or ISO format there are plenty of free software supporting it and according to user reviews the software in the provided links support 3D file playback as well.

I'm not supposed to try anything for anybody as my intention to is to make PDVD 15 work as before and nothing more!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 18. 2015 07:17

No