Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove unwanted audio tracks
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to remove all audio tracks except the music track? Working on a project that has a lot of text and animation, but adds an audio track with each new track added. Takes up a lot of space and scrolling up/down tracks to adjust timing of transitions, etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2016 23:39

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2014 13:19 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
When adding track, you change the default quantity of (1) to (0) for the audio track. Also, to delete an unwanted track, right click on unwanted track and select "Delete."
[Post New]
But this method saves the wrong audio track and unwanted track is saved, am I doing something wrong?
GGRussell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: When adding track, you change the default quantity of (1) to (0) for the audio track. Also, to delete an unwanted track, right click on unwanted track and select "Delete."
Right Clicking on a track, there is no 'Delete'. I have Remove Empty Tracks and Remove Track. Remove Track is greyed out and not selectable. Remove Empty Tracks does nothing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2016 07:48

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Nick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2014 13:19 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
You cannot remove the prime tracks but all others can be removed. Ensure you are clicking on the correct tract. A work around is to copy and paste data from one track to another, delete that track and clear the other.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48050.page#251307

Jeff
GGRussell [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You cannot remove the prime tracks but all others can be removed.
Top of my list for PD15. User should be able to do that to make the track display more useable. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
I found this situation in PD14, likely it applies to earlier versions going back to PD9. As Nick referred to them correctly, you can't remove those "prime" tracks, being Video Track 1(master) and Video Track 2(Picture-in-Picture), but other video and audio tracks can be deleted if not required. It's been my observation that each time an item is dropped onto Video Track 2, Video Track 3 is automatically added, and should you add something there, Track 4 is automatically added, and another track will be added each time. There's no automatic deletion of the tracks when added, but each unused(empty) track can be individually manually deleted. This applies to the extra audio tracks which are added along with the video tracks. I have noticed that if an extra track is added manually(a video track added without audio) PD will, if that track is filled, add another video & audio track. Whether it does this when just the audio track is added, I've not tried that so can't say for certain. As for "Remove Track" being greyed out and "Remove Empty Tracks" doing nothing, could be a trial version or a corrupted programme. They're my guesses, though they could be well wide of the mark.

Cheers!

Neil.