Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Ultra Blu-ray audio limited to 16-bit/48K?
[Post New]
When I play any Blu-ray movie using PwoerDVD 11 Ultra, movie audio output seems limited to 16-bit/48K, even if I set all my other computer audio settings to something like 24-bit/96K.

I've tried looking up this issue on the Internet, so far no luck at how to get the Blu-ray audio output to higher then 16-bit/48K.
I'm using windows 7 Pro 64-bit and an Asus Xonar DS sound card, which outputs thru the optical to a Audio-GD NFB-15 external DAC/amp.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do to get the Blu-ray audio output higher then 16-bit/48K?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06. 2015 21:53

AMD FX-6350, 8GB, R9 280X, 850 EVO SSD.
[Post New]
I am looking for the answer to the same question online, but found nothing. Can this be done in current PowerDVD version? Anybody know anything about it?
[Post New]
Here is something on the 16-bit/48K limit, from 2007.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2007/10/08/powerdvd_ultra_audio_downsampling_explained/1 AMD FX-6350, 8GB, R9 280X, 850 EVO SSD.