Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can someone explain to me why there is no simple copy and paste function in the "New Topic" window or "Reply" window on this forum. I wanted to paste a simple URL and do not see an option to do so.
Quote If you look through the options either in "Keyframe" or in "Pip Designer" you see an option which is ticked by default, "Maintain Aspect Ratio". If you untick that, you'll be able to re-size your element as required.

LongEdge:

Thank you. I had totally forgot about that. It worked out perfectly.

Best,

Teeman1
Quick question.

I've got a clip with a guy sitting down watching television. The camera shot is from the back of the room. I want to replace what is being shown on the screen he is watching with another clip of my own.

I need to "fine tune" the second clip so that the dimensions won't leave a slither of the original TV clip showing on each side.

Here is what happens. Once I put the second clip into the timeline and adjust it as close to possible to the size of the TV screen, I can crop it to where the top and bottom looks fine but the sides are not out far enough.

So, while the crop works for the top and bottom, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to extend the sides out to match the TV screen width.

When I try to do this, it causes the top and bottom to also increase outside of the framing of the TV screen.

I was hoping that there is some kind of "Freeform" or a combination of keys with the mouse that would let me do that incrementally.

I tried both Ctrl and Alt keys in conjunction with the mouse and that does not get it. Tried the shift key no luck either.

Anyone know if this can be done?

TeeMan
Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions. All of my frustrations appear to be for naught. While in "Edit" mode the problem occurs continually, once I render/produce the entire 2 hour 48 minute movie the credits roll as they should without any hestitation. The best I can figure is that in edit mode there must be some kind of bug this bug does not affect the final rendered project. On the other hand, I have not tried burning the project ot a DVD yet (even though I'll have to use Smart Fit to cram it on an 8.5 GB DL disc, The total size of the project is close to 14 GB so I'm not sure what quality I'll end up with on DVD). My goal is to post this project to my Google Drive for viewing by family and friends. Thanks again all.

Toney
Phil, Tony and AVPlayVideo:

I want to thank you all for your assistance. I tried each of your recommended solutions to no avail.

There are still a number of issues relating to this exercise. I'll explain what I have ended up doing as a temporary fix. But at least for me, the problem exists where I import the files from Word or Notepad.

1. I did not use any formatting in Word when I produced the 8 pages of title info. The only format settings in Word were Arial 12 point. After I copy and paste the text into the Title Designer Scroll template, it would take about 2-3 minutes before it would complete the loading process. Keep in mind that I'm running a 64 Bit Dell I7 @ 2.7 Ghz with 24GB of Ram. It was choking like there was no tomorrow. Once it was in Title Designer, the up and down scroll bar to the right would immediately. In this particular exercise, the heading for each category (e.g. Director, Producer, etc.,) is in purple and the rest of the text under that category is white. Again, trying to click and/or get the title designer to move up or down would take anywhere from 20-30 seconds (on a good click).

2. I ended up creating a new project just for my credits and then imported it into the project. However, the same problem existed.

3. I would then repeat the importing of the project with the title/credits. 9 times out of 10, the credits would not start scrolling as they are supposed to. On importing it for the 10th time, it would work. I would then continue editing and somewhere along the line, the problem would reappear out of nowhere.

4. At the end of the day, on that one rare chance that it worked, I would either produce an MP4 reference copy of the movie or create a DVD before it messed up again.

5. By the way, I tried this on my laptop also thinking it would not do the same thing but that was not the case. I created a brand new file with a new title template, imported into PD on my laptop and it does the same thing as my desktop.

Thanks

Toney
Has anyone else had this problem?

1. I go to the title room. and select a scrolling text title.

2. Drop it into the timeline, stretch it out to say 6 minutes

3. As a test, using the existing text in the title, click play and it plays fine.

4. I then open up the title designer, erase/delete the existing/original text and replace/paste in credits that I have typed in Word.

5. When I exit back to the timeline, instead of the credits starting to scroll immediately when I push play, the CTI stops at the very beginning of the scroll title and there is a 5-10 freeze then it starts again.

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. The only solution appears to be when I open the title designer and type in all of the credits manually (no cut and paste). When I go back to the timeline and push play, everything works fine.

I've got eight ( pages of credits and dread the thought of having to type all of them in one line at a time.

Any ideas on a fix anyone?

Thanks,

Toney

See if you're doing it right?
Select the audio in the timeline
Click the button, EditAudio, AudioDirector ...
To return to PD, click the X
Yes, return PD and save modifications
No, return without saving
see attached image

AVPlayVideo:

Yep! Doing all the right steps. One more step of weirdness happened tonight. I burned the project to DVD and when playing the DVD back, the original 4:43 second "edited audio" was not edited. It played for three more minutes with audio that should have been edited out.

Anyway, I'm going to bring the file Pro Tools and edit there, save it as a Wav or MP3, and then import it back into PD.

I'll see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help.

TeeMan1
This problem is posed to all of the PD genius' out there.

Anytime I export an audio track from PowerDirector to AudioDirector, the following happens.

1. I have a 4:43 seconds audio only clip.

2. I select Edit in AudioDirector.

3. I make my edits and changes.

4. When I export back into PowerDirector, the Audio has shrunk to 2:19 seconds and the end of the audio clip has also been cut off.

At first I thought it could have been the file itself that was causing the problem as I was originally a wav file downloaded from a conference center that I use.

However, the same thing happened with a video clip I'm working on. It is about 38 seconds. After bringing it back into PowerDirector from AudioDirector, it is around 15 seconds.

In both instances, most of the recorded audio tracks are there, but it has been shortened. BTW, the video clip is fine. It is still 38 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Toney
Hey folks:

How would one go about editing a Magic Motion Horizontal "Zoom Out" preset to make it a vertical zoom out?

I've got a photo that I put a frame around that is vertical. The horizontal zoom just does not do the photo and frame justice.

Any thoughts?

Best,

Toney
Is anyone else besides me having problems uploading files to Cyberlink Cloud?

The error message I get is as follows. "Cyberlink PowerDirector cannot connect to the Cyberlink Cloud Server. Check your Internet connection and please try again."

There is nothing wrong with my Internet connection. I can surf the web, check email, download files, etc.

I've even tried uploading to CL's server from two different computers (Desktop and Laptop) on two different networks and I still get the same error.

This happened about 3 or 4 months ago and cleared up after a few days. But this time, it has been a lot longer. I'm going on two weeks not being able to access a server that I'm paying money for.

Any thoughts anyone?

Toney

A lot has happened in the pc world since 1908. I had a dos mouse driver on my 1st pc. It means use the mouse to move something by dragging it in the PD16 Workspace (area with video and audio tracks) say aligned to say the left of another existing video clip that is already there. Hold down the Control key and release the left mouse button. That is the drop. You click and drag a clip with the mouse. You stop and release the mouse button which is known as the drop.

See the attachment.

Tomasc,

Got It! Thanks.

BTW, I am glad to see you understood the use of my typo "1908's" instead of what should have been "1980's"
Quote Pleased my tutorial could play a small part in your project!

--Jim

Jim, you have no idea how much The Sharper Turtle has helped literally millions of PD users. You and Maliek are true artisans of your respective craft.

Best,

Toney
Can someone tell me where in the world is the "+Drop" Key in PD16? I checked both the Knowledge Base and scoured the Web to no avail. I've been using computers since the early 1908's and I have never heard or seen a "Drop" key on a QWERTY keyboard.

What is perplexing to me is that when you go to the Paste drop-down menu, there is a shortcut to the right of the words "Paste and Overwrite" It shows "Control + Drop".

Additionally further down are shortcuts for "Paste, Insert and Move all clips" by pressing "Shift + Drop and another shortcut for Cross Fade by preessing "Alt + Drop".

At first I thought this was referring to the Control + the "D" key on the keyboard but that's not it.

The individual who came up with this idea should be taken out an dipped in chocolate and hung over an ant farm.cool

Toney
Quote You have done well in your slideshow. The last two outdoor shots does not need a flash in my opinion. Here is the post where Barry supplies the link to get the NBFX packs for $49: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76397.page . You are bypassing the Cyberlink store to get it at the reduced price. Be sure to let them know that it is for PowerDirector if you decide to buy it.

Tomasc:

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I will jump on the NBFX pack shortly.

Regarding the two outdoor shoots, in fact all of the shots, I just grabbed some photos from my library and threw them in the timeline. Since they were just examples, I did not really pay to much attention to the type of photo used. In the documentary that I'm editing, all 40 people or so are all indoors. Pretty excited on my end to see how this is going to turn out.

Again, thanks for your help

Toney
Quote Hi Toney -

Re: Attachments - there's no size limit, but I've had "the forum" totally choke (at times) with even modest sized attachments. Jeff (JL_JL) had the same problem recently & so did Andrej Svajger.

Most of the time I don't even bother with attachments. Uploading to Google Drive is faster & more reliable.

I don't know about the NBFX $50 link tomasc mentioned, but here's Barry's website or you can contact him by PM.

Cheers - Tony

Tony, by the way, thanks for the tip on setting up a Google Drive to upload short vids/files for share on collab's. It worked like a charm. Thanks wise one from down under.

Best,

Toney
Quote Hi Toney -

Re: Attachments - there's no size limit, but I've had "the forum" totally choke (at times) with even modest sized attachments. Jeff (JL_JL) had the same problem recently & so did Andrej Svajger.

Most of the time I don't even bother with attachments. Uploading to Google Drive is faster & more reliable.

I don't know about the NBFX $50 link tomasc mentioned, but here's Barry's website or you can contact him by PM.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony:

I tested all six of the samples you sent and they worked out fine.

Here is a link to the original viewfinder that I was wanting to emulate https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iwIGV6YjZu2Y5w1fxmSLx8L6d6yxzNVK

Here is what I ended up creating using templates that you sent me. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TyPars0z7hwfGkpMEzyJ8EAjwL0588aw

Much thanks to Jim over at SharperTurtle who got me started on this with his tutorial on creating a flash effect using a Len's Flare from the FX room.

I am in the final stages of producing a 2 hour documentary. There are about 40 different people that are mentioned during this course of this film. I thought how cool it would be to indroduce those 40 participants with an old Polaroid style photo with a flash and shutter sound.

I am adding the viewfinder, Len's Flare flash when their picture comes up on the screen as the narrator announces them.

One other thing, since I could not find the border I needed in PhotoDirector, I used Corel Paintshop Pro to put a border on the Jpeg's. With the help you, Tomasc and Jim, provided, I am now off the races putting the wraps on this project hopefully in the next few weeks.

Again, thank for everyone's help.

Toney
Quote Easy to remove the flashing record light in the NewBlue FX. Place it on the fx track. Double click on it and you have 14 options like toggle rec, battery, focus box, outline, counter, B/W, and a presettable timer on/off. It is fully customable and the best as expected from NB. I love it. Easily worth the $129. Barry has a link where you can get it for about $50.

I always like user contributions and will check out Tony’s attachment later when I get home.

Tomasc, are you referencing the NBFX product available for U.S. $50?

Barry, if you happen to see this, I would be interested in purchasing this product.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a MB limit on the size of file that can be attached to a post. I had an 8MB 7 second or so video that I wanted to post of the actual effect I'm looking for but for some reason, it would not upload. Thought of zipping the file.

Thanks one and all,

Toney
Quote Hi TeeMan1 -

I couldn't think of a way of editing out the flashing red light in the NB FX... until tomasc pointed out what I should have checked!

There are some simple overlays attached that may suit your purpose. No animation - just the graphic.

Cheers - Tony

Tony:

Thanks for the insight. I will give that a shot. This is fun stuff collaborating.

Toney
Quote The fx that you want is Viewfinder packaged in NewBlue Video Essentials V. Here is the link: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/partner-plug-ins/partner-newblue_en_US.html .

There are several camcorder record templates as frames and as particles in the DirectorZone that you can use for free. You can use your own suggestion about modifying a camera viewfinder image.

Tomasc:
Thank you for your response. I looked at the NB Viewfinder and it might work assuming I can edit out the flashing red light. I'll also check DZ to see what's there. Had not thought of going thereundecided

Thanks,

Toney

just wanted to show you my first test video and what I was trying to accomplish. As far a I've seen on youtube am the first to be videoing the flight of a boomerang from a drone (around a tree) !
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmo0PkFXp4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmo0PkFXp4&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Took a look at your trial run video. Pretty cool! I assume that was done in PD16. Did you finally get PD9 uninstalled?

Best,

Toney
Go to: