Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is "the +Drop" Key
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Can someone tell me where in the world is the "+Drop" Key in PD16? I checked both the Knowledge Base and scoured the Web to no avail. I've been using computers since the early 1908's and I have never heard or seen a "Drop" key on a QWERTY keyboard.

What is perplexing to me is that when you go to the Paste drop-down menu, there is a shortcut to the right of the words "Paste and Overwrite" It shows "Control + Drop".

Additionally further down are shortcuts for "Paste, Insert and Move all clips" by pressing "Shift + Drop and another shortcut for Cross Fade by preessing "Alt + Drop".

At first I thought this was referring to the Control + the "D" key on the keyboard but that's not it.

The individual who came up with this idea should be taken out an dipped in chocolate and hung over an ant farm.cool

Toney TeeMan
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can someone tell me where in the world is the "+Drop" Key in PD16? I checked both the Knowledge Base and scoured the Web to no avail. I've been using computers since the early 1908's and I have never heard or seen a "Drop" key on a QWERTY keyboard.

A lot has happened in the pc world since 1908. I had a dos mouse driver on my 1st pc. It means use the mouse to move something by dragging it in the PD16 Workspace (area with video and audio tracks) say aligned to say the left of another existing video clip that is already there. Hold down the Control key and release the left mouse button. That is the drop. You click and drag a clip with the mouse. You stop and release the mouse button which is known as the drop.

See the attachment.
[Thumb - Ctrl_Drop.jpg]
 Filename
Ctrl_Drop.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
This is what Ctrl + Drop means.
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]

A lot has happened in the pc world since 1908. I had a dos mouse driver on my 1st pc. It means use the mouse to move something by dragging it in the PD16 Workspace (area with video and audio tracks) say aligned to say the left of another existing video clip that is already there. Hold down the Control key and release the left mouse button. That is the drop. You click and drag a clip with the mouse. You stop and release the mouse button which is known as the drop.

See the attachment.

Tomasc,

Got It! Thanks.

BTW, I am glad to see you understood the use of my typo "1908's" instead of what should have been "1980's" TeeMan