Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Leaving a trail behind
C.DeMille [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2012 22:34 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I have an idea for an effect, I want to throw a returning boomerang around a tree being filmed from a drone, is there a way I can create an effect of showing the trail of the boomerang while it's in the air, it's sort of hard to see it fly so thats why want to do this. I only have PD 9 right now. If this is possible can you tell me which of the earlier versions could do this ? thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have an idea for an effect, I want to throw a returning boomerang around a tree being filmed from a drone, is there a way I can create an effect of showing the trail of the boomerang while it's in the air, it's sort of hard to see it fly so thats why want to do this. I only have PD 9 right now. If this is possible can you tell me which of the earlier versions could do this ? thanks

You posted in the PD16 instead of the previous version forum. Your video editing can be a lot easier with the PD16 motion tracking with the upgrade. Your idea has merit and can be done many ways.

Your PD9 has everything for HD. It lacks producing high frame rates and 4k videos common to some drone cameras. This PDtoots video should help get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxf5e6Ry9_o . I would use the highlight portion.
C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]

You posted in the PD16 instead of the previous version forum. Your video editing can be a lot easier with the PD16 motion tracking with the upgrade. Your idea has merit and can be done many ways.

Your PD9 has everything for HD. It lacks producing high frame rates and 4k videos common to some drone cameras. This PDtoots video should help get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxf5e6Ry9_o . I would use the highlight portion.

ok, thanks very much. I think I will get PD 16, my drone does record in 4k so I want to get the best out it.
C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]
i just got my 2 disks with PD 16 on it. Haven't tried installing it yet, having troulbe uninstalling version 9 on my pc, infact both of my comupters same thing. Getting this message : "cyberlink powerdirector has been detected in your system. Please uninstall first. Do you want to uninstall cyberlink power director? " just keeps on repeating this message, what can I do next ?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Use the trial version of REVO Uninstaller Pro in the Moderate Mode (only). It should uninstall the previous version but be careful. Turn off your antivirus and have a recent Windows restore point available. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Use the trial version of REVO Uninstaller Pro in the Moderate Mode (only). It should uninstall the previous version but be careful. Turn off your antivirus and have a recent Windows restore point available.

Hi stevek, can i direct this program to only uninstall this one program ? I tried the glary program but it only started a continuous cycle of the message, a previous version has been dected, are you sure you want....... the same thing that happened when I went through control panel uninstall. I believe this program has a fatal error, I haven't been able to open PD 9, for years it shuts down after the opening logo credit which makes it impossible to get to PD's uninstall program, so i don't know what to do now.
C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi stevek, can i direct this program to only uninstall this one program ? I tried the glary program but it only started a continuous cycle of the message, a previous version has been dected, are you sure you want....... the same thing that happened when I went through control panel uninstall. I believe this program has a fatal error, I haven't been able to open PD 9, for years it shuts down after the opening logo credit which makes it impossible to get to PD's uninstall program, so i don't know what to do now.

just wanted to show you my first test video and what I was trying to accomplish. As far a I've seen on youtube am the first to be videoing the flight of a boomerang from a drone (around a tree) ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmo0PkFXp4&feature=youtu.be

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2018 20:49

TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]

just wanted to show you my first test video and what I was trying to accomplish. As far a I've seen on youtube am the first to be videoing the flight of a boomerang from a drone (around a tree) !
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmo0PkFXp4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmo0PkFXp4&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Took a look at your trial run video. Pretty cool! I assume that was done in PD16. Did you finally get PD9 uninstalled?

Best,

Toney

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2018 03:29

TeeMan
C.DeMille [Avatar]
[Post New]

Took a look at your trial run video. Pretty cool! I assume that was done in PD16. Did you finally get PD9 uninstalled?

Best,

Toney

thanks Toney, yes that was done with PD 16, no I didn't get version 9 uninstalled, it's alright, like was stated above the two can coexist.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2018 03:30