Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio from PowerDirector to AudioDirector and Back to PowerDirector Not Working
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
This problem is posed to all of the PD genius' out there.

Anytime I export an audio track from PowerDirector to AudioDirector, the following happens.

1. I have a 4:43 seconds audio only clip.

2. I select Edit in AudioDirector.

3. I make my edits and changes.

4. When I export back into PowerDirector, the Audio has shrunk to 2:19 seconds and the end of the audio clip has also been cut off.

At first I thought it could have been the file itself that was causing the problem as I was originally a wav file downloaded from a conference center that I use.

However, the same thing happened with a video clip I'm working on. It is about 38 seconds. After bringing it back into PowerDirector from AudioDirector, it is around 15 seconds.

In both instances, most of the recorded audio tracks are there, but it has been shortened. BTW, the video clip is fine. It is still 38 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Toney

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 30. 2018 15:38

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This problem is posed to all of the PD genius' out there.

Anytime I export an audio track from PowerDirector to AudioDirector, the following happens.

1. I have a 4:43 seconds audio only clip.

2. I select Edit in AudioDirector.

3. I make my edits and changes.

4. When I export back into PowerDirector, the Audio has shrunk to 2:19 seconds and the end of the audio clip has also been cut off.

At first I thought it could have been the file itself that was causing the problem as I was originally a wav file downloaded from a conference center that I use.

However, the same thing happened with a video clip I'm working on. It is about 38 seconds. After bringing it back into PowerDirector from AudioDirector, it is around 15 seconds.

In both instances, most of the recorded audio tracks are there, but it has been shortened. BTW, the video clip is fine. It is still 38 seconds.

Any thoughts?

Toney

See if you're doing it right?
Select the audio in the timeline
Click the button, EditAudio, AudioDirector ...
To return to PD, click the X
Yes, return PD and save modifications
No, return without saving
see attached image
[Thumb - audiodirector.jpg]
 Filename
audiodirector.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]

See if you're doing it right?
Select the audio in the timeline
Click the button, EditAudio, AudioDirector ...
To return to PD, click the X
Yes, return PD and save modifications
No, return without saving
see attached image

AVPlayVideo:

Yep! Doing all the right steps. One more step of weirdness happened tonight. I burned the project to DVD and when playing the DVD back, the original 4:43 second "edited audio" was not edited. It played for three more minutes with audio that should have been edited out.

Anyway, I'm going to bring the file Pro Tools and edit there, save it as a Wav or MP3, and then import it back into PD.

I'll see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help.

TeeMan1