Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote If you put the master audio and video on Track 1 of the timeline, you can then put the first visual on Track 2 where you want it to show. The video/image on Track 2 will overlay the track 1 video. You can do the same in other tracks. The higher number track appears on top of the lower number track.

You really do not have to do any fancy editing to do what you want.

Videos/images can be placed at any time on the track. (you place it where you want it to show). You can also adjust the duration.

Carl,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

But, that tip transformed my experience of the software.

Many thanks!

D.
Quote If you are using a single audio track which plays uninterrupted throughout then, the way I envisage it, the most you need to do is to fade out the video track (or transition it out in some way) by keyframing it at appropriate points. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, I do tend not to be able to see past the way I've imagined things.

Thanks for the reply.

I will have a continuous audio track for one minute.

I will intercut between the shots of the artwork and back to the artist speaking.

I just want to ensure that I am cutting back to her at the correct point for audio/visual syncing.

What is the most efficient way to achieve this in PD?

Thanks.

D.
Quote Perhaps you have something more complicated in mind but to me that sounds like straightforward overlays with some transitions maybe ove the top of a interposing frame.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok. Here's something I'm going to come up against throughout this little video.

I lay down, say, one minute of audio.

During that one minute, I will be cutting from the artist speaking, to shots of her work (with her off-camera), and back again to her.

Obviously, the footage of her speaking will be discarded when I'm cutting to shots of the work - though I will be preserving the audio.

Question: what is the easiest way to ensure that, when I cut back to her, I am cutting back at a point where she is in sync with the audio at that point?

If I can sort this one, the rest is pretty straightforward, I think.

Thanks again.

D.
I have about 5 minutes of video of an artist talking about her work.

The talking will lead the visuals.

I have plenty of other footage of general views of the exhibition, in addition to close-ups of some of the works she talks about.

Basically, I want to use 3-4 minutes of her voice, cutting back and forth between the shot of her talking and shots of what she is referring to.

I know this is probably baby stuff, but I'm a newbie.

Any general advice?

Any advice on keeping her and the voice track synced when I'm cutting back to the visual of her speaking?

Anything else I should be considering?

Thanks.

D.
Quote Try the 3rd option that you did not list. Remove, Fill, Move...

Thanks.

Yes, I forgot to include the third option.

But, it doesn't always work for me.

For example, if I cut a clip within the timeline using the "Split the selected clip" (a feature I LOVE!) and then Remove the bit of it I don't want and choose "Remove, Fill Gap, and Move All Clips", the clips don't move to the left.

I have to highlight them all and drag them manually.

Thanks again.

D.
I have lots of clips on my timeline.

The clips are unlocked from a music soundtrack below (there is no captured sound track. I have removed it.)

I am trimming the video clips and discarding what I don't want.

My problem is that, each time I highlight a clip, right-click and choose Remove, neither "Fill gap" nor "Fill gap and move all clips" work for me.

Everytime, I am left with a gap. I then have to move all the clips to the left.

Is this a settings problem or something?

Thanks.

D.
Quote At the bottom left of the screen is a ball that you can drag between – and +. Click and drag the ball toward plus to make the clips spread out.

Perfect!

Thanks Tomas!

D.
I accidentally clicked on "View Entire Movie".

I can now see the entire movie in the width of my monitor.

Great.

But, the clip thumnails have become tiny and I don't like them that way.

I want to revert to the normal sized thumbnails.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

D.
Windows 10 Pro x64

I do the following....

1. I drag a clip to the left to have it right next to the previous clip.

2. I choose Insert and Move All Clips.

3. A gap remains to the right of this clip, separating it from the other clips to the right of it.

4. I right-click on the gap and choose "Remove and Move All Timeline Clips After Removed Gap".

My problem now is that the clips to the right are not moved fully to the left to meet the other clips.

There is a gap (about twice the width of a normal gap) and, when I play back the clips on either side of this gap, there is an ugly jump between them.

How can I make a gap disappear and a normal cut between two clips appear?

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks.

D.
Getting automated emails about my item being in Checkout, but not paid for.

Nothing from them about my VAT issue.

I hope the rest of their support isn't like this - though it could be the weekend that's in it.

D.
Quote I am also VAT registered and VAT has indeed always been deducted for me in purchases from CyberLink. Obviously, I don't know how Cyberlink checks the VAT numbers but the number should pass validation here: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/

Thanks for the link.

Yes, when I input my VAT number,my name and address appear.

Still no word from Support.

A little underwhelmed.

D.
Quote Hi Dinarius,

What is your VAT number? I mean, are you sure you are VAT registered?

Jirka

Thanks for the reply.

I have been VAT registered for over 30 years.

I make a VAT return every 4 months.

D.
Quote If you tick the box Business Customer, then a VAT Number box appears in the form.
If you fill this in, then you are (supposedly) not charged VAT.

Ahh... OK that's why I've never seen it laughing. Apart from the fact that paying it irritates me, I know virtually nothing about VAT. I thought that except for those goods/services/customers who're exempt it was always charged but then had to be re-claimed.

p.s. - In any case I think you need to contact customer services with the question as this is a user forum and nobody here can help smile

Yes, I've contacted Support.

I just thought that someone here might have had a similar experience, or a Moderator might know the answer.

Thanks.

D.
Quote I can't see anywhere to input a VAT Reg.No. on that form. If it's a business purchase and you are perhaps able to reclaim the VAT component, wouldn't you do that in your own returns?

Thanks for the reply.

If you tick the box Business Customer, then a VAT Number box appears in the form.

If you fill this in, then you are (supposedly) not charged VAT.

But, it won't accept my number, for whatever reason.

D.
frownI'm trying to avail of the Easter offer and upgrade to 15 Ultimate Suite.

I'm using this page.

I am inputting a correct VAT number (having indicated that my country of purchase is Ireland)

The VAT % is indicated as 23%, which is correct for Ireland.

But, the form will not accept my VAT number - I've tried three times.

Not impressed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

D.
Thanks for the reply.

One degree corrections are too big for me, unfortunately and, as you implied, the first method doesn't give enough control.

Do later versions of PD offer finer increments?

Thanks.

D.
I have dragged the My Title default template to the Title line.

Double clicking on it and opening the Title Designer Window, I can edit the text, no problem.

But, at the bottom of the Text tab in that window, both Enable Fade In and Fade Out are 'greyed out'. Why?

How can I activate them?

Thanks.

D.
I realize now that the camera wasn't level horizontally for a clip.

Is it possible to level the clip in PD 12?

Thanks.

D.
I want the sound to come in with the title sequence.

So, I have dragged the sound track (having first separated sound and vision) to the left on the timeline so that it is under the title image.

Basically, you see a blank screen while hearing sound, you then see a title page and I then want to cut to the first image.

However, I will obviously need to lose a bit of the image so that the sound is now in sync with what is first seen.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Many thanks.

D.
Hi Dafydd,

It all helps!

I'm really enjoying this.

I now have another question about separating sound and image which I'll post elsewhere.

Many thanks!

D.
Go to: