Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to Upgrade to 15, but VAT number not accepted...
Dinarius [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2014 04:29 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
frownI'm trying to avail of the Easter offer and upgrade to 15 Ultimate Suite.

I'm using this page.

I am inputting a correct VAT number (having indicated that my country of purchase is Ireland)

The VAT % is indicated as 23%, which is correct for Ireland.

But, the form will not accept my VAT number - I've tried three times.

Not impressed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

D. Windows 10Pro x64; i6800k; GTX1070; 64Gb RAM; 256GB and 512GB SSDs; 2 x 4TB Storage:
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I can't see anywhere to input a VAT Reg.No. on that form. If it's a business purchase and you are perhaps able to reclaim the VAT component, wouldn't you do that in your own returns?
Dinarius [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I can't see anywhere to input a VAT Reg.No. on that form. If it's a business purchase and you are perhaps able to reclaim the VAT component, wouldn't you do that in your own returns?

Thanks for the reply.

If you tick the box Business Customer, then a VAT Number box appears in the form.

If you fill this in, then you are (supposedly) not charged VAT.

But, it won't accept my number, for whatever reason.

D.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2017 07:49

Windows 10Pro x64; i6800k; GTX1070; 64Gb RAM; 256GB and 512GB SSDs; 2 x 4TB Storage:
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you tick the box Business Customer, then a VAT Number box appears in the form.

Ahh... OK that's why I've never seen it laughing. Apart from the fact that paying it irritates me, I know virtually nothing about VAT. I thought that except for those goods/services/customers who're exempt it was always charged but then had to be re-claimed.

p.s. - In any case I think you need to contact customer services with the question as this is a user forum and nobody here can help smile

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2017 08:00

Dinarius [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you tick the box Business Customer, then a VAT Number box appears in the form.

Ahh... OK that's why I've never seen it laughing. Apart from the fact that paying it irritates me, I know virtually nothing about VAT. I thought that except for those goods/services/customers who're exempt it was always charged but then had to be re-claimed.

p.s. - In any case I think you need to contact customer services with the question as this is a user forum and nobody here can help smile

Yes, I've contacted Support.

I just thought that someone here might have had a similar experience, or a Moderator might know the answer.

Thanks.

D. Windows 10Pro x64; i6800k; GTX1070; 64Gb RAM; 256GB and 512GB SSDs; 2 x 4TB Storage:
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dinarius,

What is your VAT number? I mean, are you sure you are VAT registered?

Jirka
Dinarius [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Dinarius,

What is your VAT number? I mean, are you sure you are VAT registered?

Jirka

Thanks for the reply.

I have been VAT registered for over 30 years.

I make a VAT return every 4 months.

Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
I am also VAT registered and VAT has indeed always been deducted for me in purchases from CyberLink. Obviously, I don't know how Cyberlink checks the VAT numbers but the number should pass validation here: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/
Dinarius [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I am also VAT registered and VAT has indeed always been deducted for me in purchases from CyberLink. Obviously, I don't know how Cyberlink checks the VAT numbers but the number should pass validation here: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/

Thanks for the link.

Yes, when I input my VAT number,my name and address appear.

Still no word from Support.

A little underwhelmed.

Dinarius [Avatar]
[Post New]
Getting automated emails about my item being in Checkout, but not paid for.

Nothing from them about my VAT issue.

I hope the rest of their support isn't like this - though it could be the weekend that's in it.