Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Dafydd,

It all helps!

I'm really enjoying this.

I now have another question about separating sound and image which I'll post elsewhere.

Many thanks!

D.
Hi Dafydd,

I'm a total newbie to video.

I was told that, for quality reasons, I should convert before editing.

If it's OK to convert afterwards, then that's great. It will save a lot of space.

So, if I understand you correctly, I can edit now in .MTS and then convert when finished.

What format should I convert to? e.g. For YouTube? And for burning to DVD?

Many thanks.

D.
I am using a Sony RX100 camera to shoot video.

It is creating .MTS files.

I will be editing them in PowerDirector Ultimate.

Currently, I am using the trial version.

The Import dialog in the Trial Version of PDU does not offer any option to convert the files to another format - however, it does play them fine.

That said, I have been told that .MTS is a compressed format and the files should be converted to ensure maximum quality.

So, can someone please recommend a file conversion App, preferably free! I've found both of these...

http://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/how-to-convert-mts-video.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwx4yfBRCt2rrAs-P5vtkBEiQAOdFXbf-FbIoqltr_FJ6Y9ul7cQyfN1e4AL1BIJC6gHXucv4aAmO08P8HAQ

http://www.wondershare.net/ad/video-converter-ultimate/index_both.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwx4yfBRCt2rrAs-P5vtkBEiQAOdFXbfyI3evxt_F1IsLLP1LgJKxTBDa-GEUbHz4lDD-4t7QaAsVd8P8HAQ

...any good?

Secondly, what file format should I convert the files to?

Many thanks.

D.

Ps. And given the large increase in file size on conversion, is it OK to edit in .MTS and not bother converting?
Go to: