Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote The perpetual versions of PD17 through PD20 have the Library sort by Created Date or by Modified Date available.

Great,,,,I'll get it now, saves a lot of hassle with file numbering and order
Quote In PD365 you can sort by the Created Date or the Modified Date.

Thanks for the quick reply, is that the same in the latest one off paid version. I don't like subscriptions!
I have PD 15 I know you can't sort by date modified, do any of the lateste versions of PD allow you to sort by date accessed as I have several cameras and want to sort by the original time the footage was taken.
Hi,
I tried that before I changed it to 2ch but img burn failed just before the end.

Can't work it out
Quote More than likely that data is close to the edge of the disc. That is close to the limit of a rewritable disc that will fail the verification on a 2hr + avchd 2 BD but will play properly on my pc optical drive. I use imgburn and can burn to 95 to 99% of the capacity which will have that error.

You can fix all this by using a trusted name brand medium, or burn at a lower speed. There is still no guarantee that the optical drive in the standalone player is perfect. Try other ones at electronic stores and at friend's home.

Thanks for your reply.

It appears to be the opposite. The file size was just over 25gb so wouldn't fit on a 25 gb disk. I used BDRE 50Gb and BDR 50Gb disk which had plenty of extra room but the same thing happened.
l then dropped the 5.1 audio to 2 chanel and burnt in 50gb BDRE straight from PD 15 but exactly the same error.
I then tried IMG burn and this said the file was just below 25gb so I put in a 25GB disk in and it played fine.
It couldn't have been changing the audio from 5.1 to 2 ch as that didn't work on the 50GB disk (2 different brands).
Strange but at least i can play the disk now on a standalone player.
I don't usually have problems with 50gb disk
I create a blu ray disk and at 2hrs 6 mins the video stutters and player says it's corrupt at 2hrs 3 mins It is irrelevant whether I cut what I thought may have been a corrupt file out it still at the same TIME stutters and stops.
It plays ok on PC and I've tried different disks but I can't work out why at that specific time it stutters.
Any suggestions
Quote we have no idea because you didn't give any info on PD version, pc spec...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
garbage in garbage out

Sorry PD 15 latest patch installed, solved the error, timeline gap was causing the error ae0000012
Googled the error says it was a menu issue but I didn't have any
When I attempt to produce a blu ray disk H.264 1920 x 1080 50p the authroising bar doesn't go past 0% and an erropr message unsuccessful appears,
I've tried creating an iso image but still the same.
Any ideas
Quote That option is not in my PD15. There is a workaround posted in PD News Issue 7 that can help. See this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64141.page .

Aplogise for the delay for some reason the replies went into my spam folder.

Tomas is right PD 15 doesn't have the "modified/created" drop down menu. May upgrade just for that option alone.

Thanks

Andrew
I use multiple cameras and before inserting onto the timeline I need to sort the clips in date and time order, PD 15 doesn't look at metadata of when the file was created but only on the import date via windows, even tough on file properties it does give when it was created. Is there any method to change this in PD instead of manually labelling each clip so they can be inserted at the right point on the timeline. I know adobe premier can sort the files
Thanks

Many thanks, e mailed support yesterday, no reply yet

Download link sent all sorted
Quote See this recent post on what to do: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76813.page .

Many thanks, e mailed support yesterday, no reply yet
I had to install a clean windows 10 installation and need a link to download PD 15 again, any ideas where it can be downloaded from

I lost all my download files
Quote Go to Preferences/General and change it from 60 fps to 50 fps pal setting and you'll be able to burn a BD at 50 fps in the drop down settings instead of 60 fps.

Many thanks for the prompt reply, didn't realise by changing the timeline Frame rate that it would alter the drop down menu in create disc option. Learnt something new today.

In general two cameras one at 50p and the other at 60p what would you render at or is it just a question of try and see what looks best?
Any ideas how I can create blu ray disc at 50p 1920 x 1080 instead of the drop down option for 60p, there's no custom prpfile tab.
I have two cameras one taken at 50p and the other at 60p, just wondering whether rendering at 50p may make the 50p camera footage a bit better, 60p camera looks great. Want to try the 50p setting as a comparison., suppose I could use custom profile in produce insted a of create disc and then burn to blu ray
R
Quote Time for soem trouble shooting !

Instead of burning the project to a blu ray, burn (encode) it to an ISO (image) file. This separates the encoding from the burning so your computer does one thing at a time. We should be able to tell if it is an encoding (project) issue or if it is a burn issue.

Once the ISO is completed, you can select to play it to see if you still have the issues or if that was a fix. If the ISO is OK, then you can burn the ISO to a BR.

Make sure it is a a top quality BR; usually store brands or cheap BR are no very good and can have defects so the burn doesn't go right.

I'm going to assume that you have done all the maintenance on the computer (get rid of junk files and prograsm you don't use), update th drivers or firmware for the burner, the vido card/chip and the audio chip.

I'm aqlso going to assume that you are doing nothign else when you are encoding the ISo file - no games, no e-mail, etc.

Try creating a disk without using any hardwarde acceleration. I always burn to Re writeable Blu Ray as it saves a lot of money if things go wrong. You could also Use Img burn to burn the file as a blu ray
Quote Simply take a backup drive (internal or external) and recreate the F: structure that you had, basically what was provided in the file I upload. It's only like ~12 unique paths. Once done, pds will load correctly. I'm assuming you have your raw footage archived in some fashion.

Jeff

Apears to have worked, re assigned the F drive from D but even though it was just an internal hard drive windows was using it as a page file system, had to disable it in disk performance beore it would allow me to change the drive path to F.

I'll render a file and re configure back to the new setup.

Thanks again
Quote This may give you a transformation map of location and names.

Jeff

Thanks for that, I'll slowly plough through the list.

Pity the error dialogue box didn't give full path name

Still coming back to the same problem, even though the edited notepad list highlighted the paths in the pds file, my problem is that there are multiple permutations for egC0002 file and I can't work out which C0002 file is the missing one without the full path name when asked to locate missing file. If the files were all different then I could solve it, problem is same name files, as I shot footage on different days. Therefore days 1 might have C002 file as well as day 3 will have a file named C002. The missing middle parameters would have given me which folder I needed to browse to.
Quote This may give you a transformation map of location and names.

Jeff

Thanks for that, I'll slowly plough through the list.

Pity the error dialogue box didn't give full path name
Quote Upload your pds file, very easy to strip out all full F:/ paths to give you some ideas on old storage location.

Jeff

Thanks I've attached it as a notepad file
Go to: