Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Created BluRay has bad audio and jerky video
David145 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 28, 2017 22:02 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm creating an almost 2 hr video of my Alaskan trip. The first hour of video is perfect. Near the 1 hour mark, the audio on the bluray sounds like it is terribly overdriven. A little later in the video, the video runs for a second then stops for a second and then runs for a second. It repeats this pattern for the rest of the movie. The audio tracks the video perfectly during this time. I have double and triple checked that my edited work contains no overdriven audio and the movie looks and sounds fine. What can I do? This is my first movie using Ver 15. My previous work was done on Ver 12 with no ill affects.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2017 12:57

Dave Benton
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Time for soem trouble shooting !

Instead of burning the project to a blu ray, burn (encode) it to an ISO (image) file. This separates the encoding from the burning so your computer does one thing at a time. We should be able to tell if it is an encoding (project) issue or if it is a burn issue.

Once the ISO is completed, you can select to play it to see if you still have the issues or if that was a fix. If the ISO is OK, then you can burn the ISO to a BR.

Make sure it is a a top quality BR; usually store brands or cheap BR are no very good and can have defects so the burn doesn't go right.

I'm going to assume that you have done all the maintenance on the computer (get rid of junk files and prograsm you don't use), update th drivers or firmware for the burner, the vido card/chip and the audio chip.

I'm aqlso going to assume that you are doing nothign else when you are encoding the ISo file - no games, no e-mail, etc. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
AndrewRacz1 [Avatar]
Member Location: Cardiff Joined: Mar 18, 2014 18:36 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
R
Quote Time for soem trouble shooting !

Instead of burning the project to a blu ray, burn (encode) it to an ISO (image) file. This separates the encoding from the burning so your computer does one thing at a time. We should be able to tell if it is an encoding (project) issue or if it is a burn issue.

Once the ISO is completed, you can select to play it to see if you still have the issues or if that was a fix. If the ISO is OK, then you can burn the ISO to a BR.

Make sure it is a a top quality BR; usually store brands or cheap BR are no very good and can have defects so the burn doesn't go right.

I'm going to assume that you have done all the maintenance on the computer (get rid of junk files and prograsm you don't use), update th drivers or firmware for the burner, the vido card/chip and the audio chip.

I'm aqlso going to assume that you are doing nothign else when you are encoding the ISo file - no games, no e-mail, etc.

Try creating a disk without using any hardwarde acceleration. I always burn to Re writeable Blu Ray as it saves a lot of money if things go wrong. You could also Use Img burn to burn the file as a blu ray

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 22. 2017 16:39

David145 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Time for soem trouble shooting !

I'm aqlso going to assume that you are doing nothign else when you are encoding the ISo file - no games, no e-mail, etc.

OK, created ISO file. My computer has a SSD for C: with 34 gigs of available space, 11 GIGs of RAM. My E: drive containing my data files as 80 Gigs of space. Using CyberLink ISO Viewer to open the m2ts file (the big one). Have way through the 23 GIG file, I get an out of memory error. I have tried this 3 times. As to your assumptions, yeah, I keep most junk off the computer, clean the temp files periodically and, hopefully, have current drivers. I am NOT however, used to dealing with ISO files, so I may be doing something wrong there. The big file is within BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts. Interesting, once I get the error message, I have to go to Task Manager to close the Power2Go program. Dave Benton
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
If you created a folder instead then you don’t need P2Go iso viewer at all. PDVD, vlc, and wmp can be used to read the files to determine problems.

There is a minimum hard disk space required to create a BD folder. It is 60 to 100 GB free for the drive for PD12 : http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16444 . You only need 7 GB free for PD15. See this: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html . If the BD is close to 25 GB in size then make sure you have the space to create that folder on the drive that will house the folder.

Let us know which drive is the created iso on and how much free space is on it. You can mount that iso as a virtual drive instead and open it with PDVD if you have it. Later versions of PDVD should be able to read the iso directly according to the forums. You need hard disk space to create a virtual drive. My virtual drive BMDV folder is approximately 24 GB for the iso I created.
David145 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you created a folder instead then you don’t need P2Go iso viewer at all. PDVD, vlc, and wmp can be used to read the files to determine problems.

There is a minimum hard disk space required to create a BD folder. It is 60 to 100 GB free for the drive for PD12 : http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=16444 . You only need 7 GB free for PD15. See this: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html . If the BD is close to 25 GB in size then make sure you have the space to create that folder on the drive that will house the folder.

Let us know which drive is the created iso on and how much free space is on it. You can mount that iso as a virtual drive instead and open it with PDVD if you have it. Later versions of PDVD should be able to read the iso directly according to the forums. You need hard disk space to create a virtual drive. My virtual drive BMDV folder is approximately 24 GB for the iso I created.

OK, I have created an iso image on a virtual drive. There are two primary folders, BDMV and CERTIFICATE. Certificate has a subfolder BACKUP. Both are empty. BMVD has 8 subfolders, of which STREAM has the m2ts files. There are 9 of them. the first is the largest, the rest include titles and chapters. I ws able to play them using VLC media player and there was no problem with sound or video. So my original problem appears to be with the disc creation.

My question now is how to create the bluray disc from the good iso on the virtual drive. By the way, thank both of you for your kind help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2017 19:36

Dave Benton
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You never answered my question above. There still could be a problem if you used a nvidia graphics card. Since you feel the iso is fine try this: Right mouse click on the iso and follow the instructions for windows. Insert a blank disc when asked. That should work.
David145 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You never answered my question above. There still could be a problem if you used a nvidia graphics card. Since you feel the iso is fine try this: Right mouse click on the iso and follow the instructions for windows. Insert a blank disc when asked. That should work.

My HP desktop has an AMD processor and uses Radeon HD graphics. I downloaded a program called IMGBURN to burn a BluRay disc last night. Unfortunatly, THe completed disc still developed bad audio at the same spot and jerky video at the same spot as previous attempts even though the ISO image was fine. At this point I am ready to start over using Pinnacle ver 20 or Sony or even Adoble Premier elements, all of which I have and have used in the past. I never had problems with PD V12, but PD v15 - I don't know (including sudden freezing and having to End Task using Task Manager).

I do appreciate the help that has been offered and I have learned some things from it. I will buy some BD rewriteable discs for future use, at least for proofing. I do buy only name brand products.

I am open to further advice. I have several hours of editing wrapped up in this project. Dave Benton