Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu Ray timings
AndrewRacz1 [Avatar]
Member Location: Cardiff Joined: Mar 18, 2014 18:36 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
I create a blu ray disk and at 2hrs 6 mins the video stutters and player says it's corrupt at 2hrs 3 mins It is irrelevant whether I cut what I thought may have been a corrupt file out it still at the same TIME stutters and stops.
It plays ok on PC and I've tried different disks but I can't work out why at that specific time it stutters.
Any suggestions

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2019 04:28

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
More than likely that data is close to the edge of the disc. That is close to the limit of a rewritable disc that will fail the verification on a 2hr + avchd 2 BD but will play properly on my pc optical drive. I use imgburn and can burn to 95 to 99% of the capacity which will have that error.

You can fix all this by using a trusted name brand medium, or burn at a lower speed. There is still no guarantee that the optical drive in the standalone player is perfect. Try other ones at electronic stores and at friend's home.
AndrewRacz1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote More than likely that data is close to the edge of the disc. That is close to the limit of a rewritable disc that will fail the verification on a 2hr + avchd 2 BD but will play properly on my pc optical drive. I use imgburn and can burn to 95 to 99% of the capacity which will have that error.

You can fix all this by using a trusted name brand medium, or burn at a lower speed. There is still no guarantee that the optical drive in the standalone player is perfect. Try other ones at electronic stores and at friend's home.

Thanks for your reply.

It appears to be the opposite. The file size was just over 25gb so wouldn't fit on a 25 gb disk. I used BDRE 50Gb and BDR 50Gb disk which had plenty of extra room but the same thing happened.
l then dropped the 5.1 audio to 2 chanel and burnt in 50gb BDRE straight from PD 15 but exactly the same error.
I then tried IMG burn and this said the file was just below 25gb so I put in a 25GB disk in and it played fine.
It couldn't have been changing the audio from 5.1 to 2 ch as that didn't work on the 50GB disk (2 different brands).
Strange but at least i can play the disk now on a standalone player.
I don't usually have problems with 50gb disk
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Change it back to 5.1 and burn it to a single layer disc using imgburn with verify on. It should work. Imgburn allows you to get to that 99% and not require a double layer disc that cost many times more. It sounds like that your data size is close to that boundary where you actually need a double layer disc.
AndrewRacz1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
I tried that before I changed it to 2ch but img burn failed just before the end.

Can't work it out