Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is johnb360. I had a problem installing to D: in a previous version. I'm not sure I'm having a problem with the PD12 upgrade. I'm still installed to D: and everything seems to be there but I haven't used it much yet.
There are no other executables in my download packages other than the TrueBlue, wave editor, and MS C+ redistributable package. I somehow missed out on the download of the content packs. I'll contact support.
Thanks. My download was one self-extracting/executing zip. I manually unzipped it and don't see any contact directories. I've got the content packs from way back (PD9 days) and I've registered my PD11 software and went around the site. I have verified I have the Ultra version that is supposed to come with the content pack. Can you tell me what the file names are for the installers? Maybe its somewhere in this PDR11_Ultra_2215_GM3_VDE120914-01_R9.exe file.
This should be a quickie..
I finally made the move to PD11 from PD10. After it finished installing, I noticed that I had:
PowerDirector v11 (0)
in my Titles, Particle Effects, and PiP objects list.

I saw this same problem when I installed PD10 to my D: drive when it wanted to be on C:, but I installed PD11 on C:. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled and I still see zero Titles, Particle Effects, and PiP objects. I see several under the previous version.. just none under PD11.

This is situation normal.. correct?
I don't know. I still think the slow mo in PowerDirector is dropping the frames. Here's a comparison of the slo-mo options I made in a short vid demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBS0tB7Vym4

Video Speed .5 should be perfectly smooth. Maybe I need to try with a different clip.
A second uninstall and reinstall fixed it. This time I rebooted on each step:
- uninstall PD
- reboot
- install PD and register it
- reboot
- install patch
- reboot
- pain in the arse
- reboot
but it fixed it.
I couldn't install a PD10 patch after upgrading from PD9 to PD10. I uninstalled PD10 then reinstalled it and was then able to install my patch. But now, I get the dreaded RichVideo error on each startup. I checked services and "Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS)" is not started.. so I tried to start it and it gives the error "Windows could not start the Cyberlink RichVideo64 Service(CRVS) service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified."

Arghh! So.. I guess the recommendation is to do another uninstall, system cleansing, then re-install? What a PAIN. Every upgrade with Cyberlink is a real pain. Still, their video editor is better than others so I cope.
I did a full uninstall, and then installed just the PD 10 Upgrade version. It did not require me to install PD 9 first.
A clean install allowed me to install the patch.
I purchased and used the "Full Upgrade from 9 to 10" version. If I uninstall PD 10, will I have to reinstall PD 9 to use the version I bought before I install the upgrade?
I saw those threads and read them before I started a new one. I don't think its the same issue. In my case, I did not install PD in the default directory. It could be that an uninstall and re-install to my current non-default directory will resolve the problem, but that doesn't seem likely to me.
I have a smaller SSD as my C: drive and a big D: drive for my applications. On my Win7 x64 system, I installed PowerDirector 10 to D:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink.

When I downloaded the 1012 patch and ran it, it extracted itself and then gave me the following message:

"Unable to install the patch. Your system must have version 10.0 of PowerDirector installed. The installation will abort."

I'm guessing it is looking for an installation on C: and bombing out because it doesn't see it there. Is there a fix to this?
That's very promising! We'll call it fixed unless we hear otherwise.

I wish they would improve the text and text affects though. PD videos definitely have a PD look and feel which I try to get away from.
I bought and installed it.. I can't tell for sure if this is fixed or not. I guess it looks smooth at 50% speed, but its hard to tell. It doesn't look fantastic, but it could be my low quality 60fps video clip though... it may be fixed.

Would love to know for sure.. or how to tell.
I noticed that the 'properties' of the clip in PD10 shows 60fps. That doesn't necessarily mean its using all 60 though.
I shoot videos on my GoPro at 60fps. Unfortunately, PD9 throws away 30fps. So, when you go slow-mo, it does it with only 30fps of information ( boo!) which makes it choppy even with the interpretive feature.

Does PD10 fix this? Please please..
Alleluia! The "Enable Hardware Encoding" was my problem too!! Weird thing is that it would work ok for a few moments after start up of the app. I could make a few changes and then.. super SLOW!!! Turning off the "Enable Hardware Encoding" fixed me up nice!! Thanks for posting your fix Saverio!

I don't even remember turning this on specifically. I use this program often.
I've got the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 5.7.0 installed from February of this year. I think I installed the "Full" version. I see that there is a new one available.
http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

I know a lot of folks hate the Mega Codec Packs thinking you should only install what you need. Do you think I should upgrade, or uninstall and install another? I'm willing to try whatever may solve the problem.

Thanks again.
ynotfish,
You're right; my bad. The new Canon SX30IS takes videos in .MOV format and my previous SX5IS is in .AVI format. I'm using the holiday time to catch up on some backlogged videos and am using .MOV clips in the one I can't move forward on. I think I've had troubles with the .AVI files from the SX5IS, but not positive.

I also have a 808 Keychain Spy Camera that generates .AVI files. I got the error using those files too but was able to fix that problem by removing the smartsound in my template and replacing it with a smartsound that expanded the entire video. So, now, it doesn't appear always to be video clips. I figured it was the smartsound file this time because it was the first time I used the 3x4 template and it gave the error before it even started producing.

The camera is like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/mini-Hidden-Spy-Camera-808-Car-Key-chain-DVR-version-3-/110612943512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c10b9298

I've attached a couple of unedited .MOV files straight from the SX30IS camera (not the spy one).
No luck. I just loaded the same project and had the error in the exact same place.

Do you think the PDS file is somehow corrupt and I need to rebuild from scratch?? I use a 16x9 and a 4x3 template PDS file I created in PD8 which just includes the header and trailer. But it hasn't errored out during the header or trailer.. its always right at video segment transitions (even if there is no 'transition' effect).
Are you using any music tracks in your projects?
On and off. All my videos start with a short SmartSound clip which plays during my logo.
Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wohKyWJYDnU

If so....what is the file extension of the file?...mp3...m4a...wav...etc.
If its not a SmartSound file, then its always mp3. The production failure is always between video clips though, so I assume that it is something with the tail of one clip or the beginning of the next. I put a black color wall between clips and, in that case, I got the error when it reached the beginning of the clip after the color wall.

And what are you using for video source files in your project? Where did they come from?
Canon SX30IS (and the Canon SX5IS before that). They are all AVI files straight from the camera copied to the hard drive. The Canon SX30IS videos are all in 720p per my settings on the camera. PD8 had no problems with them since I bought the camera 2 months ago and I've made a lot of videos since then with PD8.

Many thanks for all your help! Super support here!

I'm using Win7 Ultimate 64bit. I just finished my clean uninstall. Uninstalled everything Cyberlink including Media Express. Rebooted and deleted Cyberlink folders found in Program Files (which was ~630MB worth) and Program Files (x86). Just cleaned my registry with CCcleaner and am now ready to start the install over again.

Go to: