Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are you using any music tracks in your projects?
On and off. All my videos start with a short SmartSound clip which plays during my logo.
Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wohKyWJYDnU

If so....what is the file extension of the file?...mp3...m4a...wav...etc.
If its not a SmartSound file, then its always mp3. The production failure is always between video clips though, so I assume that it is something with the tail of one clip or the beginning of the next. I put a black color wall between clips and, in that case, I got the error when it reached the beginning of the clip after the color wall.

And what are you using for video source files in your project? Where did they come from?
Canon SX30IS (and the Canon SX5IS before that). They are all AVI files straight from the camera copied to the hard drive. The Canon SX30IS videos are all in 720p per my settings on the camera. PD8 had no problems with them since I bought the camera 2 months ago and I've made a lot of videos since then with PD8.

Many thanks for all your help! Super support here!

I'm using Win7 Ultimate 64bit. I just finished my clean uninstall. Uninstalled everything Cyberlink including Media Express. Rebooted and deleted Cyberlink folders found in Program Files (which was ~630MB worth) and Program Files (x86). Just cleaned my registry with CCcleaner and am now ready to start the install over again.

Thanks Nicolas,

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7837.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9881.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12073.page

All the links you sent were for previous versions, but I think the first link regarding PD6 may be about the same problem. In other words, I'm going to try to do a clean uninstall and re-install. I upgraded PD8 to PD9 and something may have gone awry during the upgrade.

Any instructions for clean uninstalling/reinstalling PD9?
I purchased PD9 two days ago after having very few problems with previous releases. With this new version, I'm running into this error over and over again with every video I make:

Media Source Error: A front-end graph streaming error occured. Try again or contact CyberLink Customer Support.

I followed the guidelines in the sticky and updated my video driver, from Nvidia, which was released on 10/17/2010 (see attached dxdiag report). This had no noticeable affect on the problem. My system is not a laptop.. it is a desktop; a very high end one a year ago.

Workarounds:
I've found that I'm able to get past this error by previewing the production to see exactly where the problem occurs. Then back in edit mode, I modify the point where it fails. Sometimes removing a transition fixes it. Sometimes adding a transition fixes it. Sometimes shortening the end of the previous clip works, sometimes adding a few seconds to the beginning of the next clip works. But on one project, I'm pretty stuck. I've only been able to get about 5 videos posted to YouTube which, by now, should be around 10 if I were having no issues.

I produce a lot of short videos and publish them to YouTube. Right now, I've been wrestling with this problem for at least 4 hours and I'm not sure what else to do. Any pointers?
Mine is CS000769585.

I've also requested the optimal video settings for posting to Vimeo and YouTube.
I've created a trouble ticket with Cyberlink (CS000769585).

YouTube created the problem.. but Cyberlink now needs to respond to the change that YouTube made. Wonder if Cyberlink had advance notice of the change YouTube made.
I had this happen to me several times in one project I created. This may or not be the case for you..

I my project, I had video clips that were using Power Tool options to enhance the speed and or reverse the videos. When I tried to trim from the front with these settings applied, it tossed the clip.
My fix was to undo all of the Power Tools options from that clip, then trim from the front... then re-apply your Power Tools options.
Cap'n Kevin,
Thats good to know about YouTube; I didn't realize that. I've been certain all along that the YouTube tab not working is because YouTube has done something on their end. I don't really need a Tab that creates videos and automatically uploads them; its convenient, but unecessary. I just want to know what the optimal options are for uploading to the various sites.

My preferred video site is actually Vimeo. I use the YouTube tab to create the video and then I cancel the upload and upload the produced video file to Vimeo. So, in this case, Cyberlink's anticipating what the customer wanted went too far and actually causes extra steps for me.

With the video sites changing and the optimal settings changing, why not have this information posted right on the front of http://directorzone.cyberlink.com : "Today's optimal settings for uploading videos".

Previous versions allowed me to modify a Production Profile. This version lacks that capability.
Ok.. after much experimentation.. I've found that for 4:3 aspect ration videos, the best option in PowerDirector 8 is:

.WMV - Windows Media Video 9 for Zune High Quality.

No, its not as good as the YouTube tab (when it worked), but its pretty darn good as long as you don't go full screen.

PowerDirector 6 and 7 both have better producing options than 8. I wish 8 would allow you to create your own favorite production profiles and hide or delete the tons I will never use but have to surf through each time.

Fix that YouTube tab asap please!
Tony,
I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for your help before. I did search before and found similar results to what you posted. A separate software product to post process something that PowerDirector created is not what I want; its extra steps that I didn't have before. I still think CyberLink would do their fans a HUGE service by publishing what they believe are the optimal settings for upload to the various video sites.

Roy,
Absolutely agree with you that the WMV is the right format. My default for that format is different though; it's "Windows Media Video 8 for Color Pocket PCs (225k)".
The option "Windows Media Video 9 HD High Quality" will definitely give you fantastic results on YouTube, but it will also creae the largest file. A few minute clip will be several hundred MB's.

Through my own testing, I've found that the best option for YouTube is:
.WMV - "Windows Media Video 9 HD Standard Quality". It gives you the same great HD quality on YouTube (fantastic) but produces a much smaller file to upload.

The only problem with either of these options (both High and Standard) is that neither work for 4:3 aspect ratio. If you upload a 4:3 aspect ratio video to YouTube or Vimeo that has been produced with these settings; YouTube and Vimeo stretch the video horizontally which looks just plain nasty. This happens even if you force all video clips into 4:3 format. I think its because the properties of the format say its 1280x720 and you can't change that. So, I'm still stuck. Nothing satisfactory yet. I can't seem to find a way to convert 4:3 to 16:9. Lots of options to convert 16:9 to 4:3 though.

I like the PowerDirector interface more than any other video editor I've owned. But the Produce options are mostly garbage options I would never use. Like the rest of their interface, they should make this part simple for folks publishing to video sites. The YouTube tab was always able to produce my videos correctly. I wish I could find the combination that tab uses.
Dang.. can someone tell me the exact settings the YouTube tab uses for producing videos? That previous page wasn't that helpful. Hope Cyberlink fixes this feature fast; I use it several times a week and was one of the main reasons I purchased.

You'd think that Cyberlink would go through each video site and determine the best possible video settings combination for upload (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, FaceBook, etc)... then POST them somewhere instead of letting each customer to figure this out through guesswork. I had to do this for PD 6, then 7, and now 8 is like learning all over again because the same video settings I used in previous versions no longer exist in PD 8.
Go to: