Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installing to Drive D:
johnb360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2013 16:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded from Powerdirector 11 Ultra to PowerDirector 12 Ultimate. This required installing 3 files in a series followed by the 3 Packs (Holiday, Travel, Romance) and then an update from CyberLink. Everything appears OK, but all of this was installed to Drive D. When I view the "Installed Packs", I don't see anything listed (see pic).. should I?

On a previous PD version, I was missing 'stuff' because it wasn't installed on Drive C. After going through 6 different installers and then an update, I just want to make sure everything is copacetic. Is there an easy way to check if all components are A-OK?
[Thumb - 9-22-2013 5-04-36 PM.jpg]
 Filename
9-22-2013 5-04-36 PM.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
InstalledPacks
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
That is not where the packs are found.

In Powerdirector, the packs are spread throughout the PIP, Titles, Menus (in Create Disk), and Particles rooms.

You can see them when you select Downloaded in each room. Menus are on the Menu Preferences Tab in Create Disk.

By the Way, I have several packs installed and I have several downloads, that window in my Pd 12 is blank also.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

2WOOFS
Newbie Location: Portland, Oregon, USA Joined: Dec 29, 2012 03:16 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I had problems with an install on D: also.

I ended up (after going around in useless circles with CyberLink tech support) with merely copying the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\Plugin\NewBlue to D:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin and all was OK.

The installer leaves a lot to be desired.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2013 23:53

Kerbob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2007 01:49 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
This is johnb360. I had a problem installing to D: in a previous version. I'm not sure I'm having a problem with the PD12 upgrade. I'm still installed to D: and everything seems to be there but I haven't used it much yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2013 00:01